Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN (266xxx) Sunday May 29th and Scheduled Delivery today for Friday June 3rd.

SA Confirmed I'm getting Matrix Headlights.

Model: LR
Color: Black/Black
Wheels: Aero
FSD: No
Pickup Location: Salt Lake City
OD: 3/9/2022
EDD #1: May 21st to June 18th - Date from the beginning
EDD #2: May 28th to June 11th - Date updated May 20th
EDD #3: May 2nd to June 6th - Date updated May 29th
Text on May 29th that I got my VIN
Text on May 31th to schedule my Delivery.
Schedule Delivery: June 3rd

What is the headlight issue I have been reading about here? I would be happy to report on what came with my car. Would need to know how to tell one from the other please...

Here's what the two types of headlamps look like. The one on the left is the matrix headlamp. It can be easily spotted because it has an "eyeball" on the outside edge of the lamp.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

Here's a video showing the sort of things that matrix headlamps are designed to do. It's a brief, to the point video but it's idealized. Here's a practical application of it in the Polestar 2. I've linked to the point where the headlamps are both steering to light up around a curve in the road as well as masking out the light so that it doesn't glare in the face of an oncoming car. Feel free to hunt around in the video for other examples.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Dang it! I was given a VIN and told my M3 would arrive at the SC on 6/4. Every time I call for an update, the arrival date gets pushed out (delays in transit). The arrival date to the SC is changing almost as much as my EDD. Now I’m up to 6/13. Tesla is really testing my nerves 😫.

Dang it! I was given a VIN and told my M3 would arrive at the SC on 6/4. Every time I call for an update, the arrival date gets pushed out (delays in transit). The arrival date to the SC is changing almost as much as my EDD. Now I’m up to 6/13. Tesla is really testing my nerves 😫.
Bummer. With so many delays, I'm not sure this is just a delay in transit, as the amount of delay is already more than the typical transit time. Can't tell what else it could be though.

For giggles, I decided to call Tesla and see what kind of song and dance I was going to get by asking where my VIN is.

The person I spoke with (Jordan) was very nice, but not helpful. He kept repeating that my car was in the final stages of being made, but in the same breath would tell me that he can't tell when my car is being made. I was like, Huh??
So you're saying you don't know when cars are scheduled for production, but you know mine is in the final stages of being made?
He went on to say that all kinds of factors play into getting a VIN...yeah, nothing new.
He said it should be "soon" and that he knows it's "frustrating". He also acknowledged that I was probably told the same things the last time I called.
Finally, he said EDD's should be taken "with a grain of salt".
No Sh1t.
86829120-6F36-40B0-BCE2-B195459C2DD7.jpeg

Should just wait for the delivery text - has your EDD changed along with these changes, or have you just been checking with SA?

Got my VIN (266xxx) Sunday May 29th and Scheduled Delivery today for Friday June 3rd.

SA Confirmed I'm getting Matrix Headlights.

Model: LR
Color: Black/Black
Wheels: Aero
FSD: No
Pickup Location: Salt Lake City
OD: 3/9/2022
EDD #1: May 21st to June 18th - Date from the beginning
EDD #2: May 28th to June 11th - Date updated May 20th
EDD #3: May 2nd to June 6th - Date updated May 29th
Text on May 29th that I got my VIN
Text on May 31th to schedule my Delivery.
Schedule Delivery: June 3rd
Your OG EDD range was one day ahead of mine, as well as your actual delivery day.

I ordered 2 M3 RWD vehicles, the first in mid December 2021 and the second January 7th of this year. I upgraded the first order to LR last month and the vehicle was built within 3 days. I am considering upgrading the second build as well. For those that have been paying closer attention than I have, assuming my build would be prioritized given the order date, what are the chances I would get a vehicle with matrix headlights if the vehicle is built within the next couple days?

If you go on the site it says any order AFTER 4/28 will NOT include it. However there is a rumor going around that some SAs are saying after mid August you will only get a rebate credit worth a mobile charger not the actual charger. I'm hoping this isn't true but we'll see

So wait a minute, they sell you a $60k car without a way to charge it???

I'm purchasing the wall connector as I have a 240 line ran, but was going to keep the mobile connector in the car for road trips. You're saying I gotta buy both!?!

I ordered 2 M3 RWD vehicles, the first in mid December 2021 and the second January 7th of this year. I upgraded the first order to LR last month and the vehicle was built within 3 days. I am considering upgrading the second build as well. For those that have been paying closer attention than I have, assuming my build would be prioritized given the order date, what are the chances I would get a vehicle with matrix headlights if the vehicle is built within the next couple days?

I would say the odds are against you BUT we'll know better as there late March/April cars are getting VINS and are delivered over the next couple of weeks. Matrix is skipping VIN lots and it looked dismal up until 266 range and now we're seeing them on LRs again. I'm hopeful but at same time not going to get my hopes up.

So wait a minute, they sell you a $60k car without a way to charge it???

I'm purchasing the wall connector as I have a 240 line ran, but was going to keep the mobile connector in the car for road trips. You're saying I gotta buy both!?!
Lol you're about a month late to the party but short answer is yes. All teslas ordered from 4/28 on will have no included way to charge them.

I would say the odds are against you BUT we'll know better as there late March/April cars are getting VINS and are delivered over the next couple of weeks. Matrix is skipping VIN lots and it looked dismal up until 266 range and now we're seeing them on LRs again. I'm hopeful but at same time not going to get my hopes up.
Thanks. Our first ordered M3 with a vin of 254… does have the Matrix lights

Reactions: Maric and jpaychek
Sad to leave this group as I graduated last week. I've taken delivery of a beautiful MSM model 3 with aero wheels. Unfortunately on day 3 of ownership, I had a pebble fly into my windshield on the NJ Turnpike and created a bullseye chip the size of a dime on the upper right corner. First tragedy with the model 3, but there's nothing I could have done about it.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the car. One pedal driving is such a game changer. Driving a regular gas car and using the brakes just seems like too much work now lol.