Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp took delivery of the car today:

• It was a bit dirty
  • There were smudges on the interior that look like they'll come out with a nice detailing
  • One of the trunk lift hydraulics was missing the rubber housing
  • They don't really seem interested in walking the car with you for imperfections and panel gaps, they just tell you that you have 3-days to schedule free service
  • Car didn't need calibrating for Autopilot ( but strangely only had 11 miles on the odometer)
  • No Matrix
  • Yes Ryzen
  • VIN 237XXX
  • Car Drives like a weightless little spaceship ❤️
Overall I'm not thrilled with the waiting/delivery experience with this car. The car is incredible, however. Was it worth the wait, yes, however I don't feel like a valued customer

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 5.37.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 5.38.19 PM.png

• It was a bit dirty
  • There were smudges that look like they'll come out with a nice detailing
  • They don't really seem interested in walking the car with you for imperfections, they just tell you that you have 3-days to schedule free service
  • Car didn't need calibrating for Autopilot ( but strangely only had 11 miles on the odometer)
  • No Matrix
  • Yes Ryzen
  • VIN 237XXX
Overall I'm not thrilled with the waiting/delivery experience with this car. The car is incredible, however. Was it worth the wait, yes, however I don't feel like a valued customer

View attachment 811093
View attachment 811094
I see you got out of the ECU issue. Beautiful car regardless. I’m wondering when the later FL folks of April will see their day. I’m reaching for an August delivery. Perfect time to take it for college trips.

Reactions: Teleezen
When naming a car:
1. Choose something that is meaningful to you.
2. Don't copy someone else's name just because it "sounds cool".
3. A story to go with the name is what's cool
4. Never name a car before you have it. It's bad luck.
5. Have fun!
I decided on an Homage to my all-time favorite band RUSH and named the car ROCINANTE from the song Cygnus X-1 from Farewell to Kings. Yeah, I was in High School in the good ole 80’s.

So wait a minute, they sell you a $60k car without a way to charge it???

I'm purchasing the wall connector as I have a 240 line ran, but was going to keep the mobile connector in the car for road trips. You're saying I gotta buy both!?!
They’re using the Apple excuse. Why supply something you might already have or can use a SuperCharger.
Naturally, everyone has a Tesla charger lying around and a SuperCharger on every street corner 😡

• It was a bit dirty
  • There were smudges on the interior that look like they'll come out with a nice detailing
  • They don't really seem interested in walking the car with you for imperfections and panel gaps, they just tell you that you have 3-days to schedule free service
  • No Matrix
  • Yes Ryzen
  • VIN 237XXX

View attachment 811093
View attachment 811094
Was this at Eatonville?

Hey guys, What's the difference between the Mobile Connector and the Corded Mobile Connector. Both sell for $200 and of course both are out of stock. 😫
Mobile connector has interchangeable plugs you can buy for various outlets and max charge rate of 32A.

Corded mobile connector only has a fixed 14-50 plug and max charge rate of 40A.

So, my two week starts tomorrow. I've never actually hit the first day of any of my windows (e.g. if the window was 5/25 - 6/28, it was always pushed back before I got to 5/25). Tomorrow is the first time I'll ever actually be inside my window, so just wondering, is that indicative that I'm getting close? Anyone else experienced this phenomenon? (Can people give me any reason to be hopefully and get a normal amount of sleep at night).

Questions to those of you who have taken delivery. I noticed that some of you found issues with your vehicle and scheduled some sort of service. Is this different from other types of service appointment? What if you notice further issues later? Will Tesla fix them for free?

Last edited:
So, my two week starts tomorrow. I've never actually hit the first day of any of my windows (e.g. if the window was 5/25 - 6/28, it was always pushed back before I got to 5/25). Tomorrow is the first time I'll ever actually be inside my window, so just wondering, is that indicative that I'm getting close? Anyone else experienced this phenomenon? (Can people give me any reason to be hopefully and get a normal amount of sleep at night).
You'll get a new EDD on the second day of your window. So, it's likely that on June 2, you'll get a new EDD window.
I'm on my 4th two-week (or less) EDD. I've made it to day 2 on all of them and at 5am, I get a new EDD.
So for me, I'm expecting a new EDD tomorrow morning at 5am.

When naming a car:
1. Choose something that is meaningful to you.
2. Don't copy someone else's name just because it "sounds cool".
3. A story to go with the name is what's cool
4. Never name a car before you have it. It's bad luck.
5. Have fun!
Breaking rule #4, I might just name mine TJ….’Totally Justified’ 😂🤣😂🤣