Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
14 hours until delivery. Drove through the lot and the car must be inside the service center getting detailed and prepped for tomorrow!
Also got the email for the "meet your Tesla" video chat. I doubt I'll be doing that later this month.
I'm sure I'll say it again tomorrow when I graduate, but I can't thank all of you enough for the fun I've had here the last 4 months. Between the posts, the support and the followers (yeah, I have people following me!), it's been quite the ride.
And, because of that support, I'll be sticking around to help the next batch of Tesla owners get through all of their ups and downs.
Next update will be tomorrow!
Very happy for you !! It was a roller coaster for sure… not much sleep for the next 24 hrs I bet. 😂

Reactions: T-J-
14 hours until delivery. Drove through the lot and the car must be inside the service center getting detailed and prepped for tomorrow!
Also got the email for the "meet your Tesla" video chat. I doubt I'll be doing that later this month.
I'm sure I'll say it again tomorrow when I graduate, but I can't thank all of you enough for the fun I've had here the last 4 months. Between the posts, the support and the followers (yeah, I have people following me!), it's been quite the ride.
And, because of that support, I'll be sticking around to help the next batch of Tesla owners get through all of their ups and downs.
I forgot that the meet your model 3 email came in for me a couple of hours ago too. I signed up for the next one on the 17th just in case I want to check it out. What I really want to check out is my car! lol

I just got that video chat email as well. I too will be sticking around, but maybe not for a few days after taking delivery 😉

Reactions: T-J-
I think it could be availability of parts at any particular moment as well.
For example, the system knows how many widgets they have on hand. The computer doesn't see any more widgets coming in, so it thinks they'll run out after X number of cars are made. So it pushes out EDD's. Then, when it's told that more widgets are being delivered, it updates the EDD's.
Just my thoughts on the crazy EDD's.
Exactly. Computations based on the information at hand, updated continuously. Great for info nerds, not so hot for consumers. Sometimes, too much info or timely info is not good. There needs to be an averaging without so many updates. Also, everyone needs to pay attention to the letters (E)stimated (D)elivery (D)ate. Even when you get a pickup appointment, it’s ‘tentative’. Might be earlier, might be delayed. They schedule the appointments before the vehicle arrives at the SC.

Last edited:
Exactly. Computer computations based on the information at hand, updated continuously. Great for info nerds, not so hot for consumers. Sometimes, too much info or timely info is not good. There needs to be an averaging without so many updates.
They could give a more vague range like Jun-July instead of June 1st-July 8th, but that would take away all the fun of this thread.

I forgot that the meet your model 3 email came in for me a couple of hours ago too. I signed up for the next one on the 17th just in case I want to check it out. What I really want to check out is my car! lol
I got the email but a lot of my friends already have a Tesla. I can’t imagine what they could tell me that friends and tons of YouTube videos haven’t already taught me.

I did this and still hit my head. Even with modifying the position of the driver’s seat and getting out and getting back in didn’t feel comfortable either. Again it will require some getting used to. Unfortunately I would have to forfeit my $250 deposit towards my M3 order and wait a whole year for the base MY if I wanted a bigger car. When I get in, then I start to change around stuff like side mirror, steering wheel, and the seat position.
You can save the seat, mirror, steering wheel and seat position for each driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: windjammer99
What's frustrating to me is the randomness of order fulfillment. There are people who have ordered well after my date and have gotten VINS. I see people who have ordered well before me with no VINs either. I know order configurations such as color, location, and additional paid add ons play a role. I also get someone in a certain area may benefit by gettng a VIN early because someone cancelled or did not take a car for various reasons. With that said, there appears to be no concrete logic (that I understand) to how the orders are fulfilled. I feel like Tesla in some respects is acting like a shady car salesman too. The randomness of order fulfillment pushes people to spend more for FSD, 19 inch wheels, and/or a performance vehicle to jump the line so they can get a car. Tesla may not be as vocal as a used car salesman but their actions, IMO almost rise to that level. Just adding my rant to the others.

FYI, when is the quarter ending. I feel like based on the information I have read on the posts my EDD June 21 - July 19, 2022, may be outside of the current quarter.

Reactions: Maric and Dee Jay
What's frustrating to me is the randomness of order fulfillment. There are people who have ordered well after my date and have gotten VINS. I see people who have ordered well before me with no VINs either. I know order configurations such as color, location, and additional paid add ons play a role. I also get someone in a certain area may benefit by gettng a VIN early because someone cancelled or did not take a car for various reasons. With that said, there appears to be no concrete logic (that I understand) to how the orders are fulfilled. I feel like Tesla in some respects is acting like a shady car salesman too. The randomness of order fulfillment pushes people to spend more for FSD, 19 inch wheels, and/or a performance vehicle to jump the line so they can get a car. Tesla may not be as vocal as a used car salesman but their actions, IMO almost rise to that level. Just adding my rant to the others.

FYI, when is the quarter ending. I feel like based on the information I have read on the posts my EDD June 21 - July 19, 2022, may be outside of the current quarter.
Q2 ends this month. As far as jumping the line the only thing that will get your car faster is upgrading to a m3p. However just be aware the model 3p in the long run is gonna cost a lot more money (tires)

Q2 ends this month. As far as jumping the line the only thing that will get your car faster is upgrading to a m3p. However just be aware the model 3p in the long run is gonna cost a lot more money (tires)
Spending a couple minutes playing around with the filters on the spreadsheet, its pretty easy to see how base configs on average, take longer than non-base. Now, the different is much smaller than the difference between the average LR and P, but it seems to exist.

Spending a couple minutes playing around with the filters on the spreadsheet, its pretty easy to see how base configs on average, take longer than non-base. Now, the different is much smaller than the difference between the average LR and P, but it seems to exist.
Ok yes fair enough i could have said it a little better but the difference is minimal. Also are you really going to change the color of your car just to get it maybe a week earlier ( being rhetorical). My point was really that if you really wanna move the edd you need to upgrade to a P.

Reactions: Nfletcher