Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New EDD today. Narrowed from a 5 week window to a 4 week window. Looks like @dgoodlan and I are on the exact same time line. We are both non-Illinois residents that are taking delivery in the Chicagoland area.

I'm perfectly content with that time line. However, a thought I just had is that since I'm in Wisconsin but need to take delivery in Illinois due to stupid direct sales laws, I wonder if I may get a vehicle that someone declines at the end of this month. Since IL has a new EV rebate that goes into effect on July 1, I wonder if there may be some people that opt to take delivery after that date. Not getting my hopes up, but I think there could be some vehicles available.

Everyone, stop trying to make sense of when people get VIN's and deliveries.
People with the same builds with deliveries to the same locations and the same OD think that the cars should be delivered at the same time, and they won't.
None of it makes sense. None. Of. It.
Ask me how I know.
How do you know?

There is something odd going on with Iowa deliveries. Your order date was 1 day before mine, we are basically geographically the same, and I'm expecting to pick up my car within the next two weeks in Kansas City. @Jtownhawk also had odd dates for an Iowa pickup, but was able to get his pickup changed to Kansas City and got a two week window fairly soon after. Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room
Interesting. Thank you for the info. Maybe I should look into KC. Originally, I was supposed to pick it up in MN, then Tesla asked if I would want it delivered to the service center in DSM, since it's so much closer. I'd just have to pay for it in full before it crossed the border due to not being able to sell in IA. They said it wouldn't affect my EDD. The EDD didn't change when I switched, so I don't think that was the reason.

Reactions: Mr. Nuke
I think your right. While we’re talking Model 3’s, how do you explain the long wait times for Model Y’s and even more to the point, extreme wait times for Model S and Model X. Much higher profit margin so their theory would have Tesla pumping these cars out all the time.
I think it's all just supply and demand. Model Y demand is very strong while Model S and Model X supply is limited. Elon tweeted about interrupting the Model S and Model X production lines a while back, saying that it was a big mistake, and I guess they're still struggling to catch up with orders. Tesla is clearly trying to ramp up to meet Model Y demand, but it takes time to ramp up new lines, and it'll be complicated by the new production methods of gigacastings and structural battery packs.
I wish we had a Tesla order/wait time FAQ. We’ve learned a lot from these data points and discussions but the knowledge is all scattered through the thousands of pages in this thread and will be lost when people graduate.
@T-J- came up with a first draft recently. I'll be posting it on Wednesdays, along with a reminder about signatures and the order spreadsheet. We'll refine it over time to cover the most important information as clearly as possible.

Hello everyone. New member here. I'm glad I was able to find this forum while patiently waiting for my VIN.

M3LR, MSM, Black, Aero, No FSD
OD: 03/12 || EDD: 06/10 - 07/15 || EDD: 06/11 - 07/09
Welcome! Once you get to five posts you'll be able to go into your account settings here and add your order details to your signature. Also, you'll want to add your info (now) to the spreadsheet we use to track orders, VIN and car delivery among other things. This link will help you with the process - Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Welcome! Once you get to five posts you'll be able to go into your account settings here and add your order details to your signature. Also, you'll want to add your info (now) to the spreadsheet we use to track orders, VIN and car delivery among other things. This link will help you with the process - Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Thanks, I just added my info to the tracking spreadsheet

Trying to work out my financing now and my credit union has a great rate but considering just going through Tesla to get the car off the lot. I’m supposed to pick up Friday (maybe?) but don’t want to delay anything since my CU has me waiting and I’m afraid they aren’t going to do their part fast enough for a potential Friday delivery.

Trying to work out my financing now and my credit union has a great rate but considering just going through Tesla to get the car off the lot. I’m supposed to pick up Friday (maybe?) but don’t want to delay anything since my CU has me waiting and I’m afraid they aren’t going to do their part fast enough for a potential Friday delivery.

Picking up Friday also😁

I had the same concerns with my credit union so I picked up my check yesterday, although I don't even have a delivery date set. Did you let them know you need the loan finalized immediately?

Reactions: ChrgeMeUp
Try checking out Logix Credit Union, their rates are comparable to the other CUs and they have been moving fast with my financing for a Saturday delivery.

Reactions: ChrgeMeUp
New EDD today. Narrowed from a 5 week window to a 4 week window. Looks like @dgoodlan and I are on the exact same time line. We are both non-Illinois residents that are taking delivery in the Chicagoland area.

I'm perfectly content with that time line. However, a thought I just had is that since I'm in Wisconsin but need to take delivery in Illinois due to stupid direct sales laws, I wonder if I may get a vehicle that someone declines at the end of this month. Since IL has a new EV rebate that goes into effect on July 1, I wonder if there may be some people that opt to take delivery after that date. Not getting my hopes up, but I think there could be some vehicles available.
I had the exact same thought process regarding potential rejected vehicles. I don't see it happening but am curious to see if we notice anything. Having a 4 week window gives me more hope that my timeframe is at least a little more accurate. I'm hoping for a 2 week window to appear later this month/early next month.

Reactions: ehartfiel
Been ordering accessories to help deal with the wait time! Got floor mats in yesterday and CCS adapter just arrived. Some places I commonly travel to have closer CCS stations to them versus Tesla super chargers, so wanted to just have this as a back up option when traveling.

Attachments

• 6DCFDA7A-5FD1-4BFC-94DE-F2B64BBF4B67.jpeg
    6DCFDA7A-5FD1-4BFC-94DE-F2B64BBF4B67.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 60
Been ordering accessories to help deal with the wait time! Got floor mats in yesterday and CCS adapter just arrived. Some places I commonly travel to have closer CCS stations to them versus Tesla super chargers, so wanted to just have this as a back up option when traveling.
You have enough posts now to add your details to your signature. Just click on your name at the top of the page, then settings and signature. I've been fighting the urge to buy that adapter but for some reason this area doesn't have a single CCS charging station.

Reactions: geauxwdw