Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD April 7th😊
1st EDD May 28th - July 2nd 😆
Sold my car April 25th 🥲
3rd EDD 🤷‍♂️ July 5th - August 16th 🫠
Been on the bus for over a month Tesla does not offer any update and when I asked about a rental they suggested Turo. I know this may be a childish rant but if i didn’t already buy so many parts I would of checked out a electric BMW 😤

Parts List
-Front door alcantara overlay -✅Rpm tesla $29
-Doashboard alcantara Cap - ✅Rpm Tesla $99
-Performance Brake Pedal -✅ RPM Tesla $25
-Cup holder rubber protector-✅ RPM Tesla $19
-Mud Flaps Screw-less- ✅ RPM Tesla $39
-All weather floor mats - ✅ Weather Tech $21
-Cargo/trunk liner - ✅ Weather Tech $130
-Xbox One Controller Blue - ✅ Microsoft $55
-Center console organizer - ✅ Tesla $33
-Black Dualmotor emblem✅Abstractocean $25

Tint Planned
70% Windshield
35% Front
5% Rear
5% Roof
I mean that's kinda on you. Why would you sell the car without a backup ride or a solid delivery date

So I scheduled my delivery date this past Saturday for Wednesday pick up. I just received a text stating "Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your model 3 arrives earlier or later than we currently expect." I sent a text back to ask when it was expected, but waiting to hear back. Did anyone have this happen? Why would he schedule it if they don't where the car is? Anyone have this happen?
i actually just got a delivery date push back. I got that same text as you and was given 16-18 delivery date choices and then an hour ago they sent me a text saying the car won’t be there on time and they rescheduled me to the 20th. I’m in the southeast if that helps. Atlanta to be exact

So I scheduled my delivery date this past Saturday for Wednesday pick up. I just received a text stating "Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your model 3 arrives earlier or later than we currently expect." I sent a text back to ask when it was expected, but waiting to hear back. Did anyone have this happen? Why would he schedule it if they don't where the car is? Anyone have this happen?
Got the same text. Was told my car should arrive on the 19th with 21st being a pick up date.
Feels like a standard message and expectations should be set accordingly.

I mean that's kinda on you. Why would you sell the car without a backup ride or a solid delivery d
I mean that's kinda on you. Why would you sell the car without a backup ride or a solid delivery date
Sold the car for a chunky profit. I have legs/bike so it’s not the end of the world. I have worked in the automotive industry and sold more cars than you could imagine not once have I seen this fluctuating delivery date.

What's wrong with the Air Conditioner? I've never heard that, i hear the opposite??
Don't know if there is anything "wrong" with it, but it just can't keep up in the heat. I'm guessing it's trying to cool both the interior of the vehicle as well as keep the batteries at a certain temperature. In the user manual Tesla says your AC may be warmer during certain charging due to cooling the batteries. I think that would apply when driving around too.
When it's 112, the AC isn't that great in the Tesla. When it gets below 110, it seems to be significantly better. It blows hard enough, just not very cold.

Had a little sticker shock getting an insurance quote today. I'm in the Philly area, so I expect it to be expensive, but this was surprising. I'm in my 40s, clean driving record, Allstate, who we do home and auto with wants 160 a month. I went over to USAA real quick just to get a comparison....103 a month. All the coverages are the same or similar. I expected it to be higher, but this would almost double our monthly car insurance payment if we go with Allstate, even after eliminating my current car. I switched from USAA a few years ago because their rates started to get higher, but I might be going back for at least the Tesla.

This is really bad. I don't know why Tesla can't use a simple FIFO queuing system. That will make the EDD much more predictable. I had factory ordered a BMW and Lexus before, in both case, you can track when your allocation will go in production. I don't understand why Tesla can't make it simpler.

It's really disheartening seeing people with OD well after me taking delivery already, but it seems like the inventory in Austin are just not as steady as everywhere else. I am messaging my SA to see if I can flex Houston and San Antonio since I'd be willing to drive to get it from those locations as well. (Even though I live 10mins away from Austin SC)

Mine apparently is on a train from California to Chicago. Thats cool they do that instead of transit trucks. It left on Friday, how long does it take by rail to normally get to Chicago? I would think only a couple days, right?
A week to cross the country by rail, so yeah, a couple days. Then there's offloading from the train, waiting for transport trucks, loading onto those trucks, driving to the delivery site and offloading. Then preparation, both the physical car as well as the paperwork needed to turn that car over to you. So between 5 and 843 days.
i guess they lowball you to death and maybe someone will sell it to them so they can make 100% profit?
They don't want to take trade-ins. They're a pain. There are whole companies whose business is to buy and sell used cars. Tesla would rather that we go to them and then hand them a check than do a split of cash and trade-in. "The best trade-in is no trade-in".
This is really bad. I don't know why Tesla can't use a simple FIFO queuing system. That will make the EDD much more predictable. I had factory ordered a BMW and Lexus before, in both case, you can track when your allocation will go in production. I don't understand why Tesla can't make it simpler.
Customer predictability is not their current priority. Keeping the company running is. Remember that Tesla's first profitable year was 2021, and it was a long, hard slog to get to 2021. They need to keep the cash coming in so that they can build a war chest to construct new factories, research new battery chemistries, develop self-driving, sign deals for raw materials - all the stuff that's gotta be done if Tesla is going to build 20 million vehicles annually.

Ultimately, Tesla is prioritizing high margin vehicles. They can't prioritize the Model S and Model X because the demand isn't that great. But they can sure prioritize higher-margin Model 3 and Model Y production because people are clamoring for them.

As a buyer of a new Tesla would a FIFO system be better? Absolutely.
It's really disheartening seeing people with OD well after me taking delivery already, but it seems like the inventory in Austin are just not as steady as everywhere else. I am messaging my SA to see if I can flex Houston and San Antonio since I'd be willing to drive to get it from those locations as well. (Even though I live 10mins away from Austin SC)
Are those people also ordering a minimum-spec vehicle? Remember that there's supposed to be approximately a 30 day delay for minimum-spec vehicles, so if you're comparing your order to ones with white interiors or red paint, you're always going to be lagging behind.

I wonder if that is why mine (top glass) cracked and had to be replaced.
Yes, I'm pessimistically waiting for the top panel to shatter at some unfortunate moment - such as the middle of a rainstorm. I spotted the defect (it's only a mm or two) when I took the car and ordered a service appointment for it. Then I cancelled the appointment figuring that they were probably swamped and I was going to get a rushed fix. I'm hoping that having the cancelled appointment on the books will be enough for me to go back at some point during the warranty period and get it adjusted for free.

A week to cross the country by rail, so yeah, a couple days. Then there's offloading from the train, waiting for transport trucks, loading onto those trucks, driving to the delivery site and offloading. Then preparation, both the physical car as well as the paperwork needed to turn that car over to you. So between 5 and 843 days.
ah ok, didn't realize the logistics of it. Wonder if that is truly faster than just having a trucker send 8-10 of them on a journey lol.

I truly think post-vin waiting is harder than not having a vin in the first place. I do appreciate that they let you know its assigned but it might have been better to be "hey your car is on the lot and ready - take a couple of days to get your financing in place and let us know when you want to pick it up".

The way they do it now is like c-section childbirth. If you don't deliver by this date you might have to have it between these dates. lol.