Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A week to cross the country by rail, so yeah, a couple days. Then there's offloading from the train, waiting for transport trucks, loading onto those trucks, driving to the delivery site and offloading. Then preparation, both the physical car as well as the paperwork needed to turn that car over to you. So between 5 and 843 days.

They don't want to take trade-ins. They're a pain. There are whole companies whose business is to buy and sell used cars. Tesla would rather that we go to them and then hand them a check than do a split of cash and trade-in. "The best trade-in is no trade-in".

Customer predictability is not their current priority. Keeping the company running is. Remember that Tesla's first profitable year was 2021, and it was a long, hard slog to get to 2021. They need to keep the cash coming in so that they can build a war chest to construct new factories, research new battery chemistries, develop self-driving, sign deals for raw materials - all the stuff that's gotta be done if Tesla is going to build 20 million vehicles annually.

Ultimately, Tesla is prioritizing high margin vehicles. They can't prioritize the Model S and Model X because the demand isn't that great. But they can sure prioritize higher-margin Model 3 and Model Y production because people are clamoring for them.

As a buyer of a new Tesla would a FIFO system be better? Absolutely.

Are those people also ordering a minimum-spec vehicle? Remember that there's supposed to be approximately a 30 day delay for minimum-spec vehicles, so if you're comparing your order to ones with white interiors or red paint, you're always going to be lagging behind.
If they want to prioritize higher margin vehicles then say so up front. Don’t push back my 18” wheels vehicle by a month to improve their Q2 performance. No excuse for them.

Sorry but I don’t buy this patience line. We ordered March 17. Spent the past two weeks inching closer to and into a two week EDD 6/8-6/22. Then on 6/9 moved to 6/17-7/1. Then in 6/10 moved to 6/21 -7/17. A whole month window. She. Many people who ordered later, in some cases a month later, are getting vehicles. And our date moved past the end of the quarter. And we are into this for thousands already having installed home wall chargers or I’d flip them off. Not that they care at all.
I'm also in SF Bay, ordered 3/4 and just got the car despite EDD 6/16-30. My EDD was "maybe next week lol who knows" since early May, it's useless. Hope you can get your car by the EOQ!

Sorry but I don’t buy this patience line. We ordered March 17. Spent the past two weeks inching closer to and into a two week EDD 6/8-6/22. Then on 6/9 moved to 6/17-7/1. Then in 6/10 moved to 6/21 -7/17. A whole month window. She. Many people who ordered later, in some cases a month later, are getting vehicles. And our date moved past the end of the quarter. And we are into this for thousands already having installed home wall chargers or I’d flip them off. Not that they care at all.
CA is lagging behind other states. My OD is 03/09 and I am sitting on my third 2 weeks window, expecting it to be delayed again.

I really want to apply for a auto loan before the fed raises the rates again but I’m not sure if I will get my car in the next 30days. I don’t know what to do?
I have experience with this. Apply for Tesla Financing. I applied back in April and locked in the rate for my delivery today. Turns out they honor your rate for 60 days even though they say the rate is subject to change beyond 30 days.

Just curious as to why my delivery screen in the app looks different from other peoples? Does the app show differently based on country? i noticed on someone elses screen they had a delivery task screen. i dont have anything outstanding left as i financed through tesla and my insurance is uploaded already so is that why?

Attachments

• IMG_5493.PNG
    IMG_5493.PNG
    645.5 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Gor88
The Fremont factory is 15 miles from my house. Why is CA later? Which state supported them in early days and has the most on the road?
Because Tesla like to game/maximize quarterly figures. They save the bulk of west coast and especially CA deliveries until the very end of the quarter because they can get delivered very fast after they leave the factory.

Car leaves factory 6/28 or even 6/29 and it can get delivered by 6/30 to someone on the west coast. If a car left the factory 6/29 and was destined for the east coast, it would take a week or two to get transported to the local SC for delivery and have zero chance to get delivered by end of quarter. Can’t count it as a vehicle sold/delivered if it’s still in transport.

Just curious as to why my delivery screen in the app looks different from other peoples? Does the app show differently based on country? i noticed on someone elses screen they had a delivery task screen. i dont have anything outstanding left as i financed through tesla and my insurance is uploaded already so is that why?

you completed your tasks and scheduled delivery, thats what it looks like...

Reactions: HeatherW22