Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly this. My delivery center is in Mount Kisco, NY, which is a 6 hour drive (with gas). Taking a flight down early AM and won't be back until later in the evening. Getting the car with only 65% charge means at 2 supercharging stops. Not fun.

I'll be in that boat next week, and tried ABRP app to plan the trip home. It was showing me 2 charging stops with 90% or 60% SOC at the beginning anyway. The latter required total charging time of 26 min and getting home with 10% left and total trip time of 7 hrs. I don't think it's too bad and we just need to get used to that new mind set of not being able to re-fuel anytime and anyplace we want and possibly carrying extra canister in the trunk just in case.
But what would be nice, is having 90% charge at pick up, like having full tank of gas when buying a new car.
I had 90% charge at pickup, so hopefully that's the norm for mt. kisco. I was able to make it home with only 1 stop. (stopped in Binghamton) but depends which route you take. If you go the other way, you'd prob end up stopping in Ithaca.

I also decided to fly into JFK then rented a car to mt. kisco. If taking an early flight and renting a car, if it's during the week, just prepare for a longer commute due to the insane city rush hour. Added almost an additional hour to the drive.

I had 90% charge at pickup, so hopefully that's the norm for mt. kisco. I was able to make it home with only 1 stop. (stopped in Binghamton) but depends which route you take. If you go the other way, you'd prob end up stopping in Ithaca.

I also decided to fly into JFK then rented a car to mt. kisco. If taking an early flight and renting a car, if it's during the week, just prepare for a longer commute due to the insane city rush hour. Added almost an additional hour to the drive.
Digression: I went to school in Upstate NY. To get to NYC I had to take the Greyhound bus with a stop in Binghamton. It's been ages since I've heard someone bring up Binghamton. Brings back some nice, full of snow and long transit, memories. I feel your pain haha.

• Funny
Reactions: ZZ118 and SkunkApe
I'm going to contact Mt.Kisco the day before and let them know my concern. I'll see if they can charge the car to 90% for delivery day.

Were you able to get the pickup time you wanted for delivery? I'm hoping to get something between 11:30-12:30 so I can get home at a more reasonable hour.
As of right now, I'm at 11 AM on 21st. I'll start driving my rental early morning in hopes to get there somewhere between 10-11 AM.

Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
What makes you say that? And what order date are you assuming to get an end of September delivery?
Well, on average it takes 90-100 days for delivery (check the excel file with scatter plot that shows this trend). Based on when it is ordered, check the quarter that falls around that 90-100 days window.

Late-May/June OD will see delivery by the end of Sept. Folks, who ordered in March, including me (03/24) haven't received delivery as yet. The 2Q ends in June. My current updated EDD is 16-27th June.

This is, of course, speculative and based on trends we see from posts.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm good with the waiting.....but someone tell the wifey that!!

As for getting the tasks all done. We are on the "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery" screen. So we're not doing a trade in so no issues there. We are financing, but we had heard to wait as the loan is only good for.....60 days I think we heard so to wait to apply. But than also, heard because of this it could cause delay so what I'm hearing from this is to change the order to "cash". Once we get the VIN# we can than change to financing? If so, that sounds like good advice!!

Thanks!!
Correct.
Fill out your personal info, picture of your driver's license, and select the delivery location.
Those should be all the tasks you need to do (in addition to selecting payment) for now.

I don't mind the 2 hour train ride. I'll probably get some work done. It will definitely be rush hour as well. My flight gets in at 8:30 so the absolute worst time to drive from Queens to Westchester County. It would probably take the same amount of time to drive.

I don't mind the 2 hour train ride. I'll probably get some work done. It will definitely be rush hour as well. My flight gets in at 8:30 so the absolute worst time to drive from Queens to Westchester County. It would probably take the same amount of time to drive.
It looks like under normal conditions it will take about the same amount of time to drive to Mt. Kisco vs flying and doing public transportation. And probably cheaper as well. And I don't mind driving.

Reactions: jpaychek
Ah, but they do say so up front. Visit the order page and configure a minimum spec Model 3 for Standard Range, Long Range and Performance. The higher trims are have earlier estimated delivery dates. Then add one upgraded feature to each and compare the resulting estimated delivery dates against the minimum spec configurations. Upgraded vehicles have earlier estimated delivery dates.

Their excuse is that their goal is not to accumulate money, but to electrify vehicles. They need as much money as they can get in order to pursue that. Battery factories and vehicle factories take a lot of capital. Research into battery chemistries requires capital. Research into self-driving technologies requires capital. And so on. It's a big vision.
Oh please, I would not fall for their “mission” line. Their mission is to make money and have a high stock price. I haven’t seen them conduct an equity offering for a while, which is how they could access capital if they needed to do so. In fact, the secondary sales by Elon to finance the Twitter deal (maybe) drove the price of the stock down. Whatever we have committed financially to this car but they have turned me into a hater even before factory assembly defects!

• Funny
Reactions: T-J-