Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey just an FYI SR always has premium lights and P always has matrix. The issue is only with the LR
SR not necessarily. Haven’t really seen enough SR deliveries recently to really know for sure.

I have seen at least 1 report of Performance with premium lights but yes almost all get Global lights. Also nothing stopping Tesla from not including them in Performance either in the future if they really have low supply.

A disappointing phone call from my SA just now. Scheduled to pick up tomorrow at 3:00pm, they moved it to 5:00pm. Apparently, the county is behind on issuing temp tags for new vehicles. Once its approved, they print it off at the Tesla office and attach it to the car. I wonder if this is spillover cost from not following the dealership law in TX. He apologized several times, and after the 3rd (or fourth?) I told him this phone call was apparently a lot harder for him than for me, and I would see him tomorrow at 5. I felt sorry for him. He apparently had a lot of calls to make (he said).

Well, after 84 days of waiting (yep, a bit on the short side), Natasha is finally here!

The human parts and financial parts of delivery went pretty well. The Tesla folks had me waiting for a while, apparently because they thought I’d already been helped. Once that got straightened out, they leapt into action. Check lists and reading the TMC forums helped me know what to look for on Nat. Just about everything was perfect: no misaligned panels, glass looked good, ditto on wheels. Paying was VERY easy: sign the bank check over then do the ACH for the down payment (<whoosh>) and it was done.

There were basically two things that needed fixing: a charge port with a door that wouldn’t fully align when closed, and some abrasion scratches on the pillar along the windshield on the driver’s side. One of the SC guys was pretty quick to take it back and see what he could do. The scratches look a lot better (you have to know what you’re looking for to see them), but not perfect, and I may arrange a body shop visit to get it completely fixed (he suggested it). On the charge port (it charges fine), he said he didn’t have the part on hand to fix it, but that he thought a mobile visit could take care of it when they got the part, so I scheduled that.

Interior was flawless (once I got in). She has matrix/global lights, the Ryzen processor, Continental tires on the Sport wheels, and came with the mobile connector. Took her on the road pretty quickly. AP calibrated very quickly (she came with just 3 miles on her, calibrated in less than 10 miles). AP was great, wind noise minimal, mostly from the front end (not windows or roof). Audio system is impressive (to me). Even though it’s not my first Tesla, the acceleration is…well…you know!

Anyway, I’ll probably lurk here just a bit longer. Thanks for all the support and good insight along the way. Good luck to everyone!

517B2972-D109-4428-8AAA-8A5F711F3B9B.jpeg

33513C94-D939-4561-A072-AF58F184D5D3.jpeg

C5B4720B-966C-406C-AB44-C992B0EA6F8F.jpeg

Well, after 84 days of waiting (yep, a bit on the short side), Natasha is finally here!

The human parts and financial parts of delivery went pretty well. The Tesla folks had me waiting for a while, apparently because they thought I’d already been helped. Once that got straightened out, they leapt into action. Check lists and reading the TMC forums helped me know what to look for on Nateverything was perfect: no misaligned panels, glass looked good, ditto on wheels. Paying was VERY easy: sign the bank check over then do the ACH for the down payment (<whoosh>) and it was done.

There were basically two things that needed fixing: a charge port with a door that wouldn’t fully align when closed, and some abrasion scratches on the pillar along the windshield on the driver’s side. One of the SC guys was pretty quick to take it back and see what he could do. The scratches look a lot better (you have to know what you’re looking for to see them), but not perfect, and I may arrange a body shop visit to get it completely fixed (he suggested it). On the charge port (it charges fine), he said he didn’t have the part on hand to fix it, but that he thought a mobile visit could take care of it when they got the part, so I scheduled that.

Interior was flawless (once I got in). She has matrix/global lights, the Ryzen processor, Continental tires on the Sport wheels, and came with the mobile connector. Took her on the road pretty quickly. AP calibrated very quickly (she came with just 3 miles on her, calibrated in less than 10 miles). AP was great, wind noise minimal, mostly from the front end (not windows or roof). Audio system is impressive (to me). Even though it’s not my first Tesla, the acceleration is…well…you know!

Anyway, I’ll probably lurk here just a bit longer. Thanks for all the support and good insight along the way. Good luck to everyone!

View attachment 818633

View attachment 818635

View attachment 818635

View attachment 818636
Question on financing..does tesla require downpayment..like do i have to pay the state tax amount and registration fees on tesla itself..i was gonna put my downpayment with mu credit union and basically just hand them the full amount of the car with state tax,registration fees,etc..
[/QUOTE]

Np happy to help. The app should say we will notify you when it's time to continue. To get to that you must add your license, decline ( for now ) a trade and select cash. Do not select finance as you will then need to apply for finance which only lasts 60 days. I made that mistake when I first started. Once that is ready you should see dates for you edd and you are good to go. Best of luck
So are you really not in the que if you put off doing those things? Or are you just not getting updates? What I’m asking is this: 2 people order the same car, same date, same pickup location etc. one completed all the tasks on day 1, the other completes all the tasks on day 30. Will they get their cars at the same time? Or 30 days apart?

So are you really not in the que if you put off doing those things? Or are you just not getting updates? What I’m asking is this: 2 people order the same car, same date, same pickup location etc. one completed all the tasks on day 1, the other completes all the tasks on day 30. Will they get their cars at the same time? Or 30 days apart?
I can't give a 100% answer but I believe the clock doesn't start until you complete those tasks. There have been people on here who have described having the issue you mentioned. It's possible the system will catch you up but best practice is to keep your application up to date

Question on financing..does tesla require downpayment..like do i have to pay the state tax amount and registration fees on tesla itself..i was gonna put my downpayment with mu credit union and basically just hand them the full amount of the car with state tax,registration fees,etc..
I’m not an authority, but my impression is that Tesla doesn’t care, as long as what you’re planning to give them matches the MVPA, which—depending on your planned payment method—you can tailor in the app. In my case, once I told the SA to switch me from cash to third-party financing, I was able to go in and adjust the MVPA components, take that new MVPA to my bank, and they generated the right check.

For what you’re talking about, that may be the same (to Tesla) as “cash”.

Graduation day boys! I spent probably 5 minutes signing three sheets of paperwork and walking to the car then got it and went about my business. I did get there earlier though and took a quick look around the car due to rain. Found condensation in a rear tail light and scheduled it for service. Took a further look and noticed a slight panel gap (nothing you can notice unless you really look) in the rear bumper, passenger side so I added that to the original service request as well. Will snag pics of the car and upload later!
Now for pics!

Attachments

• 6E6FECBA-BC1D-4337-B556-11E8C89360E6.jpeg
    6E6FECBA-BC1D-4337-B556-11E8C89360E6.jpeg
    651.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 09565654-6D8D-4FEE-9CE0-B238AC491E4A.jpeg
    09565654-6D8D-4FEE-9CE0-B238AC491E4A.jpeg
    699.5 KB · Views: 60
It was a long day but a fun one. On my 266 VIN I got both Matrix and Michelin tires. The car was almost flawless but the driver's side back door handle wasn't quite flush and they scheduled a mobile service appointment for July 8. I hate the thought of them sending someone to fix something so small but that's just me. When I first found the car I thought it had two major scratches but it was from the cleaning supplies and came right off. I couldn't find anything else and the car looks fantastic. I signed two papers, turned over my check and we were done. My SA was really nice and got in the car with me to set up a few minor things and I was good to go within 10 minutes.

I've never driven a Tesla and pulled out with a 100 mile drive(250 total to get home) and found it far easier than expected. Regen braking is obviously a different animal but really not that difficult at all. Autopilot is great but on two different parts of my trip, I got in trouble and wasn't allowed to use it again until the car was parked and that reset the suspension of my privileges. lol I really don't know why it happened because I was good about moving the wheel when it was requested but the car I said both times that I didn't.

Yes these cars are fast, unbelievably. The most amazing thing about the speed is that it doesn't just blast from 0-60 mph like you often hear but at any time you can add a little to the accelerator and it takes off just as quickly. So if you're cruising at 75 and want to get to 100 you're talking about what seems like a split second. And everything is so smooth.

I still have a lot to learn but as soon as I got home I tried two different light shows and that that was fun, although my neighbors may not agree. :p

I have the car (Gigawatt) connected to my wall connector now and it's pulling 48 amps and getting 50 miles/hr!

20220619_182700~2.jpg
20220619_182649~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20220619_182608~2.jpg
    20220619_182608~2.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 53
The day has come, I finally received my VIN :’) now it is time for the scary and hard part.

Est. Delivery is June 22 - June 26… I will be out of town exactly during those dates. Has anyone had this happen? If so, what can/should I do?

Also, any and all tips to help the delivery process go smoothly would be greatly appreciated!!

OD: 03/25/2022
M3LR/Black/Black/18"/No FSD

if Mine looks half as good as that, Im going to be a happy person :) Congratulations!
I looked for yours but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there. They have several of our color and they (along with almost every car I saw today) had matrix. I'm sure yours will arrive in the next couple of days. They were delivering them one after another today. BTW, I went an hour early and they didn't mind at all. I walked inside and let them know I was there and within two minutes my SA came out and we got started. Such an easy process. Thanks and keep me posted on how your delivery goes!