Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. You’re within the range of what’s being delivered currently.

For example I got a 259xxx VIN last week (which I rejected) when people were getting 27xxxx and 29xxxx.

Besides being for sure in the range of premium headlights going by previous data points, being much older than what others are getting currently suggests it probably had problems and/or was rejected multiple times.
New to the Tesla world. How do you reject a VIN?

Have any of the Bay Area folks who ordered in early to mid march started getting VINs/taken delivery of their cars yet? I am closing in on 100 days since my OD and I still haven’t received my VIN. Got the JUNE text a couple weeks back but haven’t had any updates since.

OD 3/15
M3LR Blue/Black, Aero, No FSD
Had a bunch of EDD changes with the most recent one being 6/23 - 7/3.
Yes. OD 3/14, JUNE text, VIN assigned today - 296xxx, after 99 days.

Picked up my Model 3 LR at Mount Kisco New York yesterday. Waited 102 days from order to delivery of my base model white exterior black interior aero wheels no FSD car. it was manufactured June 5 and my VIN was assigned June 6. Equipped with global headlights and Michelin tires, VIN 271xxx. The car was unlocked and I was able to inspect inside and out before accepting delivery. Odometer showed 3 miles. The car was perfect except possibly a panel gap on one side of the rear trunk. Malcolm (Tesla SA) spent much time and was very patient walking me through important features of the car. Much to learn about the software, but the car is a pure joy to drive. Thanks for all the support from this and other TMC forums.
Congrats on the new car!!

Curious what your SOC was at pickup. I’m getting mine this Sunday at Mt Kisco and was hoping to have them charge the car to at least 80% before my 6+ hour drive back to Buffalo.

Passed by these eight beautiful newborns on my way home from work today. They were headed to the KC sales/service center and look like they really need a bath before meeting their new parents.

kVvz4f8.jpg
XMdnls6.jpg
We watched them bring several cars around from behind the SC in Charlotte and they were all filthy. It looked as if they had been sitting under a tree. Not a good look.

Have any of the Bay Area folks who ordered in early to mid march started getting VINs/taken delivery of their cars yet? I am closing in on 100 days since my OD and I still haven’t received my VIN. Got the JUNE text a couple weeks back but haven’t had any updates since.

OD 3/15
M3LR Blue/Black, Aero, No FSD
Had a bunch of EDD changes with the most recent one being 6/23 - 7/3.
Bay Area here. Nothing.
OD: 3/19. Day 94. Not even a JUNE text.
Current EDD: 7/8 to 8/12

Reactions: QueenSundodger
I graduated today. A day early! I texted my SA this am and said if by any chance the car is ready today I can pick it up (my scheduled pickup was Wed. at 3pm). Sure enough, there was a 3pm opening and I grabbed it.

VIN#293xxx Matrix (shocked really) Charging cable. Full charge and nicely detailed. Best of all, the car is immaculate. I am super picky. So picky that I honestly held off buying a Tesla for years because I've seen in person the build issues and even the smallest issues would drive me nuts (I'm a freak). Panel gaps look fine, no scratches, interior is perfect. I drove from the Tesla lot directly to a detailer I know to have him look over the car. He could find nothing and was impressed with the build quality. So as everyone has said, as painful as the journey can be, the car is worth the wait.

EDIT: I did not get Michelins. I got Hankook Kinergy GTs. I don't know if they are any good or not!

Here are some photos of 'SOLARIS'.
IMG-1405.jpg

IMG-1422.jpg
IMG-1429.jpg
IMG-1423.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I got a call from Tesla asking about a trade-in quote. I woke up today with no change in EDD. At 3:52, I had a missed call while at work. A few minutes later I get a text stating congrats, I have been assigned VIN 295 and to check the app and complete the trade in tasks. YAY!!! 😀 My new EDD is June 24 - July 1. I am actually suprised, Tesla's quote was only a couple hundred dollars lower than Carmax or Caravana. I accepted their quote, as it will be much easier to trade it with them and have a car to drive until delivery day.

It seems so surreal. I can't wait for delivery day. I paid $51 at Costco today, to fill up my car that was half full. :rolleyes: Can't wait until I never have to wait in line at Costco for gas again. :) FYI, for those waiting for your VIN, make sure you know where your pink slip is if you are trading in a car. I moved recently and had a mini panic attack because my pink slip was not with my other important paperwork. Luckily, I found it and the spare key fob.

I graduated today. A day early! I texted my SA this am and said if by any chance the car is ready today I can pick it up (my scheduled pickup was Wed. at 3pm). Sure enough, there was a 3pm opening and I grabbed it.

VIN#293xxx Matrix (shocked really) Charging cable. Full charge and nicely detailed. Best of all, the car is immaculate. I am super picky. So picky that I honestly held off buying a Tesla for years because I've seen in person the build issues and even the smallest issues would drive me nuts (I'm a freak). Panel gaps look fine, no scratches, interior is perfect. I drove from the Tesla lot directly to a detailer I know to have him look over the car. He could find nothing and was impressed with the build quality. So as everyone has said, as painful as the journey can be, the car is worth the wait.

EDIT: I did not get Michelins. I got Hankook Kinergy GTs. I don't know if they are any good or not!

View attachment 819418

View attachment 819419View attachment 819420View attachment 819421
Well his vin is an odd number and he got matrix so that theory is out the window

View attachment 819418

View attachment 819419View attachment 819420View attachment 819421
Beautiful Enjoy!

Reactions: IWRBR and Maric
According to this source, 65% of a Tesla is made in the U.S./Canada. Not sure why they combine U.S. and Canada.
"One of these, the American Automobile Labeling Act (AALA), requires carmakers to report for each vehicle model sold in the U.S. the percentage of the U.S./Canadian parts content, the country of final assembly of the vehicle, the country of origin of its engine and transmission, and any country that accounts for more than 15% of the vehicle model’s parts content. The data are collected by the National Highway and Traffic Safety Agency (NHTSA) and reported annually on their website. The AALA has been in effect since 1997."

Politicians at work.

I also found a mention that a car with at least 62,5% of its parts sourced in North America avoids NAFTA import duties.

In double-checking my 80% number, it looks like that was an older figure. Perhaps Tesla has gotten more capable in negotiating contracts with foreign suppliers.

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-