Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN today. Scottsdale Tesla called to tell me. OOD April 3rd. Model 3 LR, MSM, black int, 19’s, no FSD. Original window was:
7/15 to 8/1, then a month ago moved to
6/18 to 7/5, then on the 18th it bumped back to
6/28 to 7/12. With VIN 297xxx window is now showing
6/25 to 7/2.
83 days to get a VIN, should be about 90 to delivery. Or a little longer depending on so many different things.
Congrats, but how is that only 83 days if you ordered on January 15th?
Am I the only one who got Hankook Kinergy GTs on their M3LR? I don't think I've seen anyone else with these tires! Are Hankook decent quality?
I have Hankook on my LR as well. Hankook is the 5th largest tire manufacturer in the world. I've had them on other cars before. As long as you're doing "normal driving" you'll be just fine with them.

Graduation day has finally arrived for me!!!🎉🎆 I am scheduled to pickup my car on Sunday, June 26, at 9:30 a.m. So excited.:) I was kinda of curious though, as my VIN seems older (295) than the current ones picking up in my area. But, I just got confirmation from my SA that my vehicle finished production today (6/22) and has matrix lights. YAY, can't wait for Sunday morning. 😁

For those putting an additional down payment, should I just go ahead and do that now? It is saying to pay it through the app.

Graduation day has finally arrived for me!!!🎉🎆 I am scheduled to pickup my car on Sunday, June 26, at 9:30 a.m. So excited.:) I was kinda of curious though, as my VIN seems older (295) than the current ones picking up in my area. But, I just got confirmation from my SA that my vehicle finished production today (6/22) and has matrix lights. YAY, can't wait for Sunday morning. 😁

For those putting an additional down payment, should I just go ahead and do that now? It is saying to pay it through the app.
Congrats. I’m doing my down payment as a cashiers check to hand over in person.

My graduation day got moved up to tomorrow. I didn’t ask about matrix for mine but I’ll find out tomorrow.

My VIN is 278XXX so a bit worried because my pickup date is this Saturday, however, I’m thinking since I’m in Canada maybe they just give a VIN wait for the truck to be full then ship to us up north. I’d like to have the matrix headlight, but at this point I just want an awesome car to enjoy this summer 😆⚡

Update since I don’t think my signature work : OD February 22th 2022 EDD was suppose to be may than pushed to August 4th to September 4th. June 10th decided to flip to Long range, got my final payment email 4 hours later with my VIN, pick up text on June 18th, only date available June 25th.

Reactions: Acocpuff
Congrats. I’m doing my down payment as a cashiers check to hand over in person.

My graduation day got moved up to tomorrow. I didn’t ask about matrix for mine but I’ll find out tomorrow.
I think i will get a cashiers check too. It just seems weird to pay money before I even see the car. :)

Second day of driving this thing with a few observations, but I'll start by saying I absolutely love this car and am looking for every excuse to drive it. I'm at 62 miles an Autopilot hasn't calibrated it yet, but I think that's because I have been mostly driving it on back roads, and our freeways here suck (I have never seen so many faded road markings until I moved here).

That said, my biggest complaint is audio integration from a semi-audiophile perspective. It seems like Tesla took a divergent path from Apple Carplay and Android Auto and is now kind of left behind. The fact that only the glove box will do data from a USB device and there's no aux jack is pretty pathetic. Sure if you have a Tidal or Spotify subscription you're fine, but if you use anything else you're stuck with bluetooth (which is fine but not able to do high quality audio). Personally I use Sirius XM and Amazon Music and I'm kind of left out of the premium audio department unless I want to put my phone in the glove box every time I drive. Seems like an aux jack would have been a really simple and cheap way to satisfy everyone. Oh and Tidal is great but has no shuffle. WTF? Sound system is great though, like everyone says. Our local NPR music station, WXPN, sounds amazing in HD radio.

My wife was pretty intimidated driving the car for the first time. But after we got everything set up, she had no problem. She's not a terrible driver, but not really someone who would consider themselves a good driver. One pedal driving took a little bit of getting used to but it didn't take long at all. I think my biggest surprise is how non-intimidating this car is to drive while still being able to go so damned fast. With setting up another phone key, it seems weird that my wife would use my Tesla.com login on her phone, rather than set up her own. I guess there's a way to get Tesla to assign a VIN to two profiles, but it was very un-intuitive to just use my Tesla login to set up her phone key. It's not particularly clear in the manual that you're supposed to do that either.

It's worth the wait everyone, hang in there. Hope everyone's delivery experience goes as well as mine did.
I have been wondering about the Sirius XM thing and also setting up a second profile for another driver on their own phone

That’s exactly how I feel about it too. My credit union cut the cashiers check and waived the fee. It was quick and painless.
Congrats to you too! I am going to ask if my credit union will waive my fee too. I plan to go tomorrow with the purchase contract anyway. I can do that while I wait for them to finalize the paperwork and cut the check for Tesla. Boy, everything happens at warp speed once you get a VIN. :)

Reactions: honeybadgerr
I have been wondering about the Sirius XM thing and also setting up a second profile for another driver on their own phone
Sirius XM is not available through the M3 apps. But, people have been connecting via Bluetooth. The sound quality is not as great that way but I think it is the only work around if you want to use Sirius XM with the M3. I have an Apple Music family plan and there is also no app for that with Tesla. I am going to keep my Sirius XM account to see if I like streaming it via the bluetooth connection. There are supposed to be several streaming music apps available. I am sure it will be easy enough to find one that we like.

There were a couple of Youtube videos I saw that showed you how to setup a second driver profile. It did not appear to be difficult, and the video showed you the steps to do it.

Ordered mid April and just recently had my delivery date shift for the first time, to August 4-September 8. After ordering I left the next steps as pending, and didn't select the "Cash" option until like a few weeks ago which was when I got the first delivery date range. Not sure if that delayed it or not.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Took delivery of the car yesterday finally! All the panels and everything looked well aligned and couldn’t find anything wrong with it during delivery. 267xxx has matrix lights and came with continentals on 19” sport wheels. Today I washed it and did a treatment of iron remover on the paint and there was so much rail dust on it. Got an appointment to do full tint including windshield in a couple of weeks and eventually i’ll get it into a detailer to get ceramic on it. It’s been fun enduring the wait with everyone here. This thread has a lot of great info so i’m thankful for all the contributors! Hang in there everyone who’s still waiting!
537CB952-94DF-49A4-B7FB-77F79C69138A.jpeg

Been a few days but finally received my VIN the day I was heading to the airport to Hawaii. Vin 297XXX. I called the SA at the airport while waiting for my flight and asked if they would hold onto the car until I get back. Not shocked they said no, so I called Tesla and spoke to someone there and they confirmed that service centers can not hold onto them after the dates they give you because they don’t want them to have any issues at their service centers and be liable for any damages that may occur during those days sitting waiting. I explained to the person that it’s not okay that I had them add info to my file that several weeks ago that I would be on vacation during the 20th-29th. The person then said if I pass on the car I have to wait another possible 100+ days for me to get assigned a VIN. I explained to him that was not good customer service for someone spending close to $60k for a vehicle and waiting for as long as it’s taking now. Luckily the person offered home delivery and it would be there waiting from when I return from vacation. Got everything done with financing and insurance while in Hawaii and it is expected to be delivered on the 24th at 10:00. I’ll post after I return to from beautiful Hawaii. Has anyone had any issues with home delivery? Hoping everything is good to go and nothing major that would cause me to call them back and get fixed. Thanks everyone for keeping me some what insane during this frustrating process.

Placed an order for a 3 LR (Red/Black/18") to replace our current 3 SR+. We still have a year left on the lease but I contacted Tesla ownership loyalty to discuss my options and it was advantageous to get the order in this early. I'm locked into the current price and the new car will be put into production around February of 2023 and delivered in June when our lease ends.

Graduated with honors on 21st at 11 AM, Mt. Kisco

Everything went smooth and quick.

The only issue was my out of 45 day window insurance they had on file, but I had a correct copy with me, so they just scanned it in and that was the end of it.

Arrived 1 hr. before my appointment, so had to pass some time by drinking coffee and snooping around the car. It was unlocked, so picked inside as well.
No issues to report, some gaps could be more symmetrical in the ideal world, but they looked almost identical compared to other cars on the lot.

The car has all the latest goodies.

Signed some papers, SA put my plates on (they have Model 3 branded rear plate frame as a freebie, which is nice), I gave them my CU check, accepted terms in the app and that was it.
I asked if now we go to set up me as a driver, etc,, but was told they are not really doing that anymore due to volume of daily deliveries, but will be happy to answer any questions. I didn't really had any since was up to date with all the videos and the manual.

Few observations from the trip back home:
1. System calibrated relatively quick, so was able to use traffic aware cruise and autosteer
2. I think non FSD cars will not perform lane changes with autosteer on when you use turn signals, which is a bummer, because every time you change the lane, autosteer is canceled (cruise stays on)
3. Some sections of I-90 W where patched with new black top going across both lanes and I felt my head will fall off while driving over them. And that's on 18" inch wheels. The tire pressures could be a factor. They were at around 43-44 PSI and recommended pressure is 42, which is high compared to regular cars with 32-35 PSI. I would imagine 19" or 20" will be even more rough. One of the reasons I didn't go with 19" or higher is that Tesla has them at the same 235 width, so sidewall just getting smaller and you are not gaining any stability that wider tire may offer.
4. Used Tesla navigation to get me home, which set me up for 2 recharges along the way. Later I compared that to what ABRP app offered and it was the same. Both supercharger locations were just a minute from highway exits, so not much time wasted. To be on the safe side I overstayed at each charging location to get a bit more juice than Tesla said I need.
5. Had my home charger installed some time in April (did it myself for no more than $100 in materials, including a conduit cutter tool). The car was charging at full 48A, 47 miles/hr.
6. The car does make a whole lot of weird noises when parked, but that was mentioned in the manual.
7. Took it to an automated car wash twice already, still need to get used to properly timing of free roll on the car wash conveyor.
8. Now it's some extra accessories buying time. Got some trays and decided to go with Basenor floor liners (they are abou 50% cheaper than the ones from Tesla/Weathertech). Will return if they look/feel much worse than Weathertech.

Looking to get door edge protectors. Does anyone knows a good place to buy ones in white or clear variety?