Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EB0D6D12-13A3-468C-957E-050C796DB25C.jpeg

I still haven’t picked a name out but I know it’s a she. Couldn’t have been happier with my delivery. It was quick and easy. And the service center rep that stayed late for me. I got stuck in a meeting longer than I anticipated and then got stuck in traffic on my way to the Fife Service center. What should’ve been a 5PM pickup turned into a 6PM pickup. I was the last one of the day and everyone else had already left. Everything was perfect on the car. Great fit and finish, Matrix lights, Ryzen chip, Hancock Kinergy Tires. Speedy as all can be. Took my mom for a quick drive and she was blown away by the acceleration. We plan on taking her Audi S7 and my model 3 to a back road now and seeing who’s quicker. I think you all have a good idea of who might win ;) haha! While that wait is rough and we all go through the “I just can’t do it anymore” phase. It is 100000% worth it. I could not be more happy with this car. Happy Graduation day to me. Hoping you all get your cars soon and have just as good an experience as I did.

View attachment 830495
I still haven’t picked a name out but I know it’s a she. Couldn’t have been happier with my delivery. It was quick and easy. And the service center rep that stayed late for me. I got stuck in a meeting longer than I anticipated and then got stuck in traffic on my way to the Fife Service center. What should’ve been a 5PM pickup turned into a 6PM pickup. I was the last one of the day and everyone else had already left. Everything was perfect on the car. Great fit and finish, Matrix lights, Ryzen chip, Hancock Kinergy Tires. Speedy as all can be. Took my mom for a quick drive and she was blown away by the acceleration. We plan on taking her Audi S7 and my model 3 to a back road now and seeing who’s quicker. I think you all have a good idea of who might win ;) haha! While that wait is rough and we all go through the “I just can’t do it anymore” phase. It is 100000% worth it. I could not be more happy with this car. Happy Graduation day to me. Hoping you all get your cars soon and have just as good an experience as I did.
Congrats! Finally!

Corded mobile connector is in stock as of this post. Just placed an order myself.
Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered one as well. A few extra amps is always nice, and I'll have the mobile for its intended use now.

For anyone who told the Tesla web site to notify them when something comes in stock, well... it doesn't. I've heard others state that they've had the same experience. If anyone has actually received an in-stock notification, please drop in a mention.

Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered one as well. A few extra amps is always nice, and I'll have the mobile for its intended use now.

For anyone who told the Tesla web site to notify them when something comes in stock, well... it doesn't. I've heard others state that they've had the same experience. If anyone has actually received an in-stock notification, please drop in a mention.
When they first announced the removal of the UMC I set up the reminder. Turns out I didn’t need it since I ordered in February, but I did actually get an in-stock notification a couple months ago for it.

Reactions: JB47394
View attachment 830495
🎉🥳🎉 COMGRATS!! Guy, I'm so happy for ya and glad to hear you had a positive delivery experience. Loved that mom had a fun ride too! Happy travels! #Team White

• Love
Reactions: Guy Maughan
🚨PSA🚨

Corded mobile connector is in stock as of this post. Just placed an order myself.

This is the one with the permanent/fixed 14-50 plug and charges up to 40amps. The regular UMC with interchangeable adapters only charges up to 32amps.

Is there any safety issue if you plug in a mobile plug into a 220 outlet that has more than 32 amps [for the UMC] or 40 for the fixed 14-50?

Is there any safety issue if you plug in a mobile plug into a 220 outlet that has more than 32 amps [for the UMC] or 40 for the fixed 14-50?
You should always plug a device into a circuit with a higher amperage breaker. The device will draw the current it is rated for, and the breaker is there to protect the wiring/circuit in case something goes wrong. Think of the breaker as the peak upper limit, you should never plug anything in that can draw more than the breaker is rated for (80% of that if its continuous).

The notification doesn’t work or it really lags. I have more luck randomly refreshing the website than relying on the notification lol

🚨PSA🚨

This is the one with the permanent/fixed 14-50 plug and charges up to 40amps. The regular UMC with interchangeable adapters only charges up to 32amps.

Ordered! The 40 amps is a plus I wasn't aware of with the corded version. We'll just use the included mobile adapter as it's intended now...if we get one :)

My SA has been much more responsive this time around (compared to the week leading up to my last VIN's scheduled delivery). Wanted to confirm timing so I could plan to get my cashiers check made out, and my car will arrive tomorrow, meaning my delivery has been moved up to this Saturday!

He also confirmed global/matrix headlights, but they "confirmed" that prior to arrival last time as well, and they were wrong...

M
Look at the web page and it's pretty clear how Tesla is working through orders. There are five queues: base SR, upgraded SR, base LR, upgraded LR and P. The longer the line, the longer it takes for a given order to get through. You'd expect less expensive cars to be ordered more frequently, so the line for those would be longer, and it would take longer to get those cars. But here's the twist; base SRs are now predicted to be delivered faster than base LRs. That's because the base SR line has gotten shorter. So it's not a matter of the price of the car, but about the length of the line. Of course, you'd always expect the lines for the cheapest cars to be the longest.

The reason for the base SR line getting short may be related to a corporate customer jamming up that line for a while, which increased the delay for those vehicles. People got used to steering clear of that line because it was taking so long. Over time, the corporate customer's order got filled but people continued to stay away from the base SR line. The line got shorter and shorter. Now that the line is sufficiently short, I assume people will start to notice that the least expensive trim is actually accessible again and start filling up that line. We'll return to a case of "the cheapest cars take the longest to get".

The whole thing is an exercise in queueing theory that aims to provide a sense of fairness to customers while also respecting Tesla's need for profits.
Makes more sense now! Thanks for the explanation!

Reactions: JB47394