Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is it still true ordering white interior over black helps push the que or is that been debunked at this time
If you start with a base configuration and change the interior to white, you should see some acceleration on your order. If you already have an upgraded configuration it won't make any difference.

Base configurations are white/black/aero and silver/black/aero. All other configurations are considered upgraded.

Any finance experts here? Looking to borrow the full amount. I have a 770 credit score and I own my own business.
How much reported income are they looking for with a loan of this amount. No current mortgage house is paid off.
Should I try Tesla financing? I applied to Navy Federal yesterday and it's still under review.
Not an expert but I'll try to answer as best as I can.

TBH it totally depends on the lender. Some are more risk averse than others.
What they are trying to do by initially looking at your credit score is use it as a measuring stick of how likely you're gonna run off with the money and not pay it back.
The fact that it's secured against a physical asset - the car - means that in the worst case they recoup their loss by taking possession of the car.
Which is why rates for car loans are pretty much always lower than rates for unsecured loans.

The other thing besides credit score is income, specifically debt to income ratio.
The lender wants to know if you can afford the monthly car payment - again back to the thing about lender risk tolerance.
Some lenders don't like customers that are on the edge of affordability with their income/expenses.
They'll see if you have other debt commitments (which you said you don't), then maybe in their internal calculations throw in average numbers for utilities, groceries, gas, etc.
Your credit score can also glean some information about that, because if you have a high score it means you've been able to at least juggle a variety of credit products without missing payments.

Having a high credit score affords you options - it means the ball is in your court and you can shop around for the lowest bidder lenders that want your business.
You can also use the search bar and set it to search only this thread, to see what banks/credit unions others have used and their rates.

Last edited:
If you start with a base configuration and change the interior to white, you should see some acceleration on your order. If you already have an upgraded configuration it won't make any difference.

Base configurations are white/black/aero and silver/black/aero. All other configurations are considered upgraded.
i have white/black/aero thinking of white/white for the change

Not an expert but I'll try to answer as best as I can.

TBH it totally depends on the lender. Some are more risk averse than others.
What they are trying to do by initially looking at your credit score is use it as a measuring stick of how likely you're gonna run off with the money and not pay it back.
The fact that it's secured against a physical asset - the car - means that in the worst case they recoup their loss by taking possession of the car.
Which is why rates for car loans are pretty much always lower than rates for unsecured loans.

The other thing besides credit score is income, specifically debt to income ratio.
The lender wants to know if you can afford the monthly car payment - again back to the thing about lender risk tolerance.
Some lenders don't like customers that are on the edge of affordability with their income/expenses.
They'll see if you have other debt commitments (which you said you don't), then maybe in their internal calculations throw in average numbers for utilities, groceries, gas, etc.
Your credit score can also glean some information about that, because if you have a high score it means you've been able to at least juggle a variety of credit products without missing payments.

Having a high credit score affords you options - it means the ball is in your court and you can shop around for the lowest bidder lenders that want your business.
You can also use the search bar and set it to search only this thread, to see what banks/credit unions others have used and their rates.
This is all true but many lenders just use a automated system and if your credit score is above a certain number then boom instant approval.