Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. The car hasn't been owned by anyone nor has it been used by Tesla for business purposes, so it's still a new car. It would be like requiring dealerships to tell people how many other customers passed on a given car on the lot because they didn't like it.
One caveat about this part that was talked about before. If the car has a certain amount of damage that is repaired below a threshold they don't have to tell you. However this may or may not show up on a checker like car fax. I forgot the exact details but just a good thing to keep in your figurative back pocket.

Delivery went amazing! Car was inside and waiting unlocked. Got to spend as much time in and out checking her over before accepting. All the goodies included, matrix, Michelin, ryzen, CCS enabled. Very happy with this car!

Edit: oh yeah, forgot to mention the UMC and J1772 adapter were also in the trunk alongside the license plate frame and front plate mounting bracket.
Congrats! How do I check to see if CSS enabled? Picking up Wednesday morning.

Congrats! How do I check to see if CSS enabled? Picking up Wednesday morning.
When you get into the car go to the software tab and click on additional vehicle information. It will show this screen which has a bunch of info including CCS adapter support enabled.

Attachments

• 0DA02E30-B433-43CB-96AA-CE5638BBB819.jpeg
    0DA02E30-B433-43CB-96AA-CE5638BBB819.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 86
Question do I get my insurance for the first day my new EDD is set for?
I am in Florida also...and your current policy will allow you up to 30 days to get coverage. You can even upload your current insurance card on the Tesla APP once your VIN is assigned and they will take that. I was scrambling all weekend to get the vehicle insured. This gives me some wiggle room to find the best coverage.

One of the last March orders is now moving fast!
I was wrenching on our Macan and my Tacoma all day and just finished cleaning up. Figured I would check out the Tesla app....
BINGO! Must have hit this afternoon! New EDD is 3 Aug - 9 Aug and VIN 317XXX!

Now I just have to wait and see when they will allow me to pick it up! I wasn't sure if they did VINs on the weekend but folks have said they do...and lo and behold we got ours. Let's hope the second time is a charm on delivery!

Delivery went amazing! Car was inside and waiting unlocked. Got to spend as much time in and out checking her over before accepting. All the goodies included, matrix, Michelin, ryzen, CCS enabled. Very happy with this car!

Edit: oh yeah, forgot to mention the UMC and J1772 adapter were also in the trunk alongside the license plate frame and front plate mounting bracket.
Congrats on the new car! I also have a 305XXX VIN so hoping mine will also include all the goodies as well when I pick-up this week.

CSS is the fast charging standard used by other EV makers. In America, this is CSS 1.

Tesla will eventually sell an adapter so that Tesla owners can use any fast chargers aside from Tesla Superchargers.
Just to add you can now buy the ccs adapter from the Korean tesla store its about 200$. There are youtube videos that confirm it is legitimate.

Just to add you can now buy the ccs adapter from the Korean tesla store its about 200$. There are youtube videos that confirm it is legitimate.
Excellent info.

My understanding is that earlier Tesla's do not have the hardware to communicate with CSS and will have to be retrofitted for this to work.

All new Teslas should have this capability going forward.

Elon wants to make sure that we don't lose out when he opens up the Tesla superchargers to non-Tesla EVs.

Reactions: Originalando
I see that they're dropping a car off for you, but the normal pattern is that you select the cash option until you see a VIN, then you set up financing if you're going that route. That allows you to lock in your rate and get credit checked only once - as opposed to waiting for months and having the temporary rate lock expire multiple times.

It's all about the supply versus demand. If you don't want the car, somebody else will, and they know it. Well, unless it's just a bad build.

Nope. The car hasn't been owned by anyone nor has it been used by Tesla for business purposes, so it's still a new car. It would be like requiring dealerships to tell people how many other customers passed on a given car on the lot because they didn't like it.

You're not obliged to accept the car. It shows up at your house, then you inspect it, and either accept it or reject it. The annoying bit about home delivery is that they don't seem to be too concerned about when you're ready to receive the car. As always, don't pay money for something this expensive unless you're sure it's the one you want.

You'll either get a car out of it all or a unique story to tell to your grandchildren.

Thanks for your insights!

I called in the Tesla hotline now and spoke with one of the agents. Apparently they do not hold any sort of information on the VIN being assigned to people prior to me, or rather for any vehicle (Not sure why, but a different lady on the phone previously had mentioned otherwise that vehicle VINs do pass on from one owner to many others, if they don't take delivery and that they do know who it was! Both the agents seemed to be contradicting each other, nevermind!)

I asked him on NOT submitting my payment till I see the vehicle first, and he said that that's a thing that the delivery team can look into. They are supposed to give me a call back in an hour or so, so let's see how that goes about! Also, they're the ones who can change my delivery location as well, as I don't see that option anywhere on the app.

I'm totally fine with waiting for my original Sept to Oct window as well, as it feels like it will be around the time when people who had ordered alongside me shall also start getting their deliveries as well!

Sorry, I didn't mean that someone previously owned it, just that this VIN was assigned to somebody else before me.

I see, thanks for letting me know that I still have the last say in whether accepting the car or not. If I don't like it, I shall let them know then and there itself. But what happens after this? Do I move down in the waiting line, Or do I submit a new order?

LOL on the grandchildren story telling part, hahaha! 🤣

One caveat about this part that was talked about before. If the car has a certain amount of damage that is repaired below a threshold they don't have to tell you. However this may or may not show up on a checker like car fax. I forgot the exact details but just a good thing to keep in your figurative back pocket.

Got it, understood!

Got it, understood!
You're welcome. To answer your question if you reject you go back into the line but at the same place. You do not need to submit a new order. However tesla usually allows one rejection no questions asked. If you take a second rejection you may get fully canceled. However ymmv if it's because the car is in poor condition. As for the previous VIN assignments tesla typically will not release this info or tell you if the car had been rejected

Do not let them convince you that you need to submit payment without seeing the car. That is not true. You can see the car and inspect it then hand over the check or press the button in the app. This is your only bargaining chip so don't give it up. It is much harder to get a refund (you will eventually) if you reject the car then to just hold to the money.

I am in Florida also...and your current policy will allow you up to 30 days to get coverage. You can even upload your current insurance card on the Tesla APP once your VIN is assigned and they will take that. I was scrambling all weekend to get the vehicle insured. This gives me some wiggle room to find the best coverage.
Progressive my current insurance company seems to be best price for me. How about you? I tried USAA but it was more expensive by significant amount

You're welcome. To answer your question if you reject you go back into the line but at the same place. You do not need to submit a new order. However tesla usually allows one rejection no questions asked. If you take a second rejection you may get fully canceled. However ymmv if it's because the car is in poor condition. As for the previous VIN assignments tesla typically will not release this info or tell you if the car had been rejected

Do not let them convince you that you need to submit payment without seeing the car. That is not true. You can see the car and inspect it then hand over the check or press the button in the app. This is your only bargaining chip so don't give it up. It is much harder to get a refund (you will eventually) if you reject the car then to just hold to the money.

Perfect! Will definitely follow in your advice! I had to Google search for what ymmv was, but all good now! xD

I did feel like they were pressurizing me to submit my final payment, and then basically I will be at their hands then. Don't hope so to do this but I just received a text stating that "Please complete your pending task of submitting final payment, else the car will be released to the next customer in line!" I will not budge in to this, hahaha! And I will definitely not be deterred by this and will continue with my inspection at first! Will keep everyone here posted!

And thanks for all of your help!

Perfect! Will definitely follow in your advice! I had to Google search for what ymmv was, but all good now! xD

I did feel like they were pressurizing me to submit my final payment, and then basically I will be at their hands then. Don't hope so to do this but I just received a text stating that "Please complete your pending task of submitting final payment, else the car will be released to the next customer in line!" I will not budge in to this, hahaha! And I will definitely not be deterred by this and will continue with my inspection at first! Will keep everyone here posted!

And thanks for all of your help!
I think everyone gets that text tbh. However they way you are painting this is unfortunately giving me bad vibes. Fingers crossed. You seem to have a good attitude about it at well. Keep us updated please :)

Only thing I'll say is make sure you communicate this to your SA that you still want the car and will pay after inspection just so they don't think you are ghosting them and reassign the vin

Last edited:
Reactions: HeatherW22