Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s awesome! My EDD is 8/1 - 8/15 still with no vin. I am expecting a push back since it takes 2-3 weeks to get delivery from vin. Hoping I get vin this week. I am worried my delivery could get pushed to the end of August or early September.
There aren't many entries in the order spreadsheet for Indiana, but the last two were 13 days from VIN to delivery. Before that, most were less than a week.

Just got the text from Tesla saying the car has left the facility and is on the way to the delivery center and to look out for a text within a week to schedule pickup. Moving pretty fast.
That is awesome!!! I am really getting excited for our delivery. I hope this one goes better than the last one we declined in May. I have faith this one will be FLAWLESS!

Just some FYI…With an impending rate hike I decided to go ahead and secure financing and texted my SA to change me from Cash to Third Party Financing. I was thinking about checking Tesla financing but decided to go with DCU. My SA said the following:
Hey no worries- for third party lending we would just need you to provide 1.) exact loan amount 2.) the bank name 3.) the bank address, then we can input those details for you. & just as a side note we recommend not securing financing until you are assigned a VIN for the vehicle just so we can be sure the vehicle will be ready to deliver to you before the finance approval potentially expires- Thanks

I think DCU is a 60 day lock so I’m not real worried.

Sorry for the late reply - had to reschedule the appointment to last Sunday due to unforeseen circumstances on the electrician's side.

So it seems even electricians have their own myths/misunderstandings/old wives' tales.
Basically he was under the impression when you use the mobile charger you are using it for a continuous load for +24 hours to recharge the battery, but that's only if you're starting from 0% (plug it in everyday guys, jeez!).
When I mentioned that the mobile charger runs at the recommended 80% rating, he said that it was a "guideline", with his hands forming air quotes.
When he said that I'm reminded of what its like when a developer mentions that all their buildings are built to the fire code - well, the fire code is the minimum, so they're saying that they build their houses to the bare minimum legally required.

So his concern was running 12A on the 15A circuit and the potential heat it generates if you run it for +24 hours, which hypothetically could lead to melted insulation and a fire.

And since it seems the current thread theme is wall charger installs, here's mine.
View attachment 832789View attachment 832790
The first appointment was a load calculation, then they decided to go for a 50A breaker. Installation didn't include the wall charger (their office said they install a 14-50 NEMA outlet or a customer-provided Tesla wall charger), so that was another $520.
View attachment 832792
They were supposed to install it all on Sunday, but apparently the store he checked was out of stock of Cutter Hammer 50A breakers. So he just drilled the holes, ran the wires, mounted the wall charger, and was going to get the breaker today to install it.
Well, seems like the global parts shortage still affects me even if I already got my car, since it seems at least all the hardware stores in my area don't have any CH 50A breakers in stock.
He said it has to be the same brand as everything else or the inspection fails.
So for now there's just a 30A breaker as a placeholder till the breaker comes next week.
View attachment 832796View attachment 832802
When he came last week he said that the load assessment was already iffy with the sauna in the basement (which we've used only once), and today he said he'll step it down to a 40A breaker because he doesn't wanna chance it with the city inspector.
Unlabelled 40A breakers on the left are for the subpanel to the outside shed, and the unlabelled 30A breakers on the right are for the upstairs washer/dryer plugs (our washer/dryer are using the plugs in the basement).
I called an electrician. He said he can come next day. He came and installed the wall charger. When he was there I asked for a 14-50 outlet too and he ran to home depot, got the “equipment” and installed that. All included cost me $1250. Both installed on 60A breakers.

Oh yes, he billed me $420 for the wall charger included in the $1250

Just some FYI…With an impending rate hike I decided to go ahead and secure financing and texted my SA to change me from Cash to Third Party Financing. I was thinking about checking Tesla financing but decided to go with DCU. My SA said the following:
Hey no worries- for third party lending we would just need you to provide 1.) exact loan amount 2.) the bank name 3.) the bank address, then we can input those details for you. & just as a side note we recommend not securing financing until you are assigned a VIN for the vehicle just so we can be sure the vehicle will be ready to deliver to you before the finance approval potentially expires- Thanks

I think DCU is a 60 day lock so I’m not real worried.
What rate with DCU?

Got my text saying my car departed the factory earlier today! I haven't heard anything from DCU after applying late saturday night, I ended up applying to a small local credit union for people who live or work in my county, and they called me back and approved me within a few hours of submitting my online application. Hoping they send over finalized details for me to sign & lock in soon so that I can update my account with their info. Also need to make a few insurance calls to get updated/finalized quotes. Silver lining to NY orders taking ~3 weeks from VIN to delivery is that I'm not super rushed, EDD still 7-11