Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To anyone living within a reasonable distance to your car pickup: I envy you. Just booked my 6 hour train ticket that departs at 5:30 AM for my car pickup next weekend. Shockingly, it was difficult to convince anyone to drive me all the way across the state to pick my car up, just to have to drive themselves back alone in their non-new Tesla Model 3.
Oh wow 6 hours! o_O Just think at your destination will be your Tesla. ♥️ Then you really get to test drive it going home!
Safe travels and good luck with your p/u.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
To anyone living within a reasonable distance to your car pickup: I envy you. Just booked my 6 hour train ticket that departs at 5:30 AM for my car pickup next weekend. Shockingly, it was difficult to convince anyone to drive me all the way across the state to pick my car up, just to have to drive themselves back alone in their non-new Tesla Model 3.

You should have offered to let them drive the new Tesla back. :)

• Funny
Reactions: HeatherW22
Yeah I am also from upstate, and I totally understand what you mean. I was trying to get a ticket to the city, but almost every train sold out loll. Now I am thinking about doing a one-way rental.
I was going to do a one way rental, but the Amtrak to Croton-on-Hudson was $8 cheaper for the ticket, plus I won't have to pay for gas, or worry about Hertz trying to screw me with a damage claim or something. The final nail in the coffin was that I really really did not want to do that much driving in a single day. Would much rather be able to sit in a comfortable seat and use my laptop for the train ride. I will have to get an 11 mile or so Uber from the station to Tesla, hoping that won't be too much of an issue.

In
I was going to do a one way rental, but the Amtrak to Croton-on-Hudson was $8 cheaper for the ticket, plus I won't have to pay for gas, or worry about Hertz trying to screw me with a damage claim or something. The final nail in the coffin was that I really really did not want to do that much driving in a single day. Would much rather be able to sit in a comfortable seat and use my laptop for the train ride. I will have to get an 11 mile or so Uber from the station to Tesla, hoping that won't be too much of an issue.
In Brooklyn getting an uber is no problem.

The order spreadsheet suggests that they're sending out VINs on base configuration vehicles for the end of March (~120 day wait) and upgraded configuration vehicles for the middle of April (~100 day wait). This is for all Q3 VINs on the spreadsheet, which is only 27 vehicles, with the most recent recorded VIN date of 30 July.
I've been watching this as well, I'm excited things are looking really good for us April orders to get our cars late August early September.

My taptes floormates just came in for the car I don't have yet haha. Gotta find somewhere to keep them in the meantime.
I’ve had my floor mats for about 2 months and recently got all my other accessories during Prime Days. I have a stack of stuff in our living room and my husband makes fun of me about all deals I got for my invisible car. I might take my dining room chairs in the living room and put all my accessories around them like I have a car. He will probably move out if I do that though. He hated my BMW and my Cadillac and he’s watched all the bad Tesla videos so he’s already thinking how much more is this one going to cost us and I don’t even have it yet! Ha!

I can't find the post that had the transit times from West to East Coast, anyone know the times?

I just got a text from my SA that it has left the factory. It also included a message to be ready to set up an appointment. I have my insurance starting the 13th but can change that if it seems it would be faster. Financing is good to go through Navy Federal CU, 3.19%, preapproved check that is like cash, interesting.

Still waiting on my Tesla Shields to show up.

I can't find the post that had the transit times from West to East Coast, anyone know the times?

I just got a text from my SA that it has left the factory. It also included a message to be ready to set up an appointment. I have my insurance starting the 13th but can change that if it seems it would be faster. Financing is good to go through Navy Federal CU, 3.19%, preapproved check that is like cash, interesting.

Still waiting on my Tesla Shields to show up.
About 2-3 weeks

Today marks 120 days since OD for me. Still no VIN. Just an fyi for those who recently ordered.
@Nfltetcher....have faith it will come sooner rather than later! You have been very patient and that means the TESLA KARMA is coming your way soon!
My taptes floormates just came in for the car I don't have yet haha. Gotta find somewhere to keep them in the meantime.
🤣🥰 I ordered my mats back at the beginning of MAY when we got the "declined" order from someone. I scrambled as I had a few days before pickup. SO I still have had the mats since then. We also scrambled and bought the Wall charger as I was still waiting on a part for my charging "NEMA 14-50 plan" and couldn't wait. Screen protector, cup holder insert, USB cables, etc.....I have so much stuff it has been stored in our "dining room" which is now a TESLA accessory room LOL. Hang in there....if you have a dining room that you don't use it is the perfect place! Just be sure to open the mat boxes and let them unfold if you got the trunk one too. Your car will come and you WONT have to worry about ordering at the last minute for higher prices like I did...LOL!
I’ve had my floor mats for about 2 months and recently got all my other accessories during Prime Days. I have a stack of stuff in our living room and my husband makes fun of me about all deals I got for my invisible car. I might take my dining room chairs in the living room and put all my accessories around them like I have a car. He will probably move out if I do that though. He hated my BMW and my Cadillac and he’s watched all the bad Tesla videos so he’s already thinking how much more is this one going to cost us and I don’t even have it yet! Ha!
@Nfletcher see my response quoted above to @Mythbredor. You did it the right way! Get them while they are on sale!!!! We too have a dining room that is full of random Tesla accessories! Yours should be coming soon I have faith in that!
😍

Reactions: Nfletcher