Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread: Changed a 2022 Headlight Today

Speaks of a recent DYI headlight replacement. It states that the app quote for a mobile repair by Tesla was $1,400.
Ironically you proved my point but not by what you quoted but in the thread itself. In that thread the OP bought the OEM light for 200$ and installed it himself in about 30 minutes. That is the cost (maybe even lower) that TESLA pays to replace a light for themselves. Anything else is just dealer markup. So to the original point tesla would never pay out of pocket 2700 to replace solely a headlight unless something else was wrong too

Reactions: HeatherW22
Quick up date
Vin # 325***
1659804470872.gif

Ordered a M3 LR (Deep Blue, Aero, Black interior, FSD) in Seattle on 7/10.

Original EDD: October 2022–January 2023
1st update (about a week after ordering): November 27–January 22
2nd update (about a week ago): November 2022–February 2023
3rd update (this morning): August 28–September 25
I'm loving your EDD and OD, as it gives me hope that my EDD is accurate(ish) - and Tesla wont dick me over too bad!

Although, tomorrow is day 1 of my first 2 week EDD - so lets see where we go from here! Im just praying not a push back! Fingers crossed!

Been watching this thread for a while now. Finally posting…

M3LR, White, Black interior, 19” sport. Bay Area CA (about 30 min away from Fremont)

EDD history:
OD: 6/23 (RWD) - Sept-Dec EDD
6/25: 9/27-11/8
7/2: Upgraded to LR
7/3: 10/29-12/24
7/26: Dec 2022-March 2023
7/28: upgraded from Aero to 19” Sport
7/29: 10/25-11/16
8/2: 8/14-8-28 (2 week window!)
8/2: received trade in text (no call)

I fully anticipate another EDD push. Would be sweet to get it this month, well see! Been stocking up on accessories and watching an unhealthy amount of YouTube videos lol…

My 1st post, this is an awesome forum! Summer went by too quickly. OD 5/16. Delivery window went from 6 to 4 to 2 weeks in last 10 days with latest EDD Aug 20-Sep 3. Today went to local showroom in Madison, WI and talked in person to my SA. They apparently have more info than we are privy to. He told me I'd get a VIN on 8/13, arrival at Highland Park in Chicago 8/23 and ready for pickup 8/26.

For those of you in a 2 week window, you may want to check with your SA as they might be able to give you more precise info.

Never thought I'd be wanting them to slow down a bit. I haven't even got my NEMA 14-50 installed yet, and Mobile Connector is out of stock til end of August. Nor have I even checked into insurance yet. Guess I need to stop procrastinating.

My 1st post, this is an awesome forum! Summer went by too quickly. OD 5/16. Delivery window went from 6 to 4 to 2 weeks in last 10 days with latest EDD Aug 20-Sep 3. Today went to local showroom in Madison, WI and talked in person to my SA. They apparently have more info than we are privy to. He told me I'd get a VIN on 8/13, arrival at Highland Park in Chicago 8/23 and ready for pickup 8/26.

For those of you in a 2 week window, you may want to check with your SA as they might be able to give you more precise info.

Never thought I'd be wanting them to slow down a bit. I haven't even got my NEMA 14-50 installed yet, and Mobile Connector is out of stock til end of August. Nor have I even checked into insurance yet. Guess I need to stop procrastinating.
Your window is very similar to mine I'm just curious, what is your configuration?

5/19 RWD (base) changed to LR (blue/base) on 6/23. Toronto.

New DD of Aug 20-24 and received request for final payment. Still no VIN.

“Submit your payment for delivery. Accepted forms of payment include certified funds such as a wire transfer, certified cheque, or bank draft in the name of Tesla Motors Canada ULC.
If you pay by wire transfer, submit your payment in advance and bring the receipt of payment to your delivery appointment. You can also bring a certified cheque or a bank draft on delivery day.”

Reactions: Cereal
Your window is very similar to mine I'm just curious, what is your configuration?
My config is M3LR | DBM | Black | 18" Aero | No FSD. Given your window went from 14 days to 12 days, I would guess you should be getting your VIN in the next 2-3 days.

You definitely should be getting the VIN in less than 7 days, as that's when mine is expected and my window is still 14 days.

5/19 RWD (base) changed to LR (blue/base) on 6/23. Toronto.

New DD of Aug 20-24 and received request for final payment. Still no VIN.

“Submit your payment for delivery. Accepted forms of payment include certified funds such as a wire transfer, certified cheque, or bank draft in the name of Tesla Motors Canada ULC.
If you pay by wire transfer, submit your payment in advance and bring the receipt of payment to your delivery appointment. You can also bring a certified cheque or a bank draft on delivery day.”
Nice congrats!

Blue/white here and ordered May 12 and I am sitting at aug 22 - sept 19… the struggle is real