Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! First time posting on this forum. I am taking delivery of my Tesla in a couple of days but when I went in to finalize payment, I realized the amount was $1k over than my previous amount, which was just a few days ago. Upon further inspection of the price break down I realized that the registration fee increased by $874. This was crazy to me, so just wondering if this is normal? I called Tesla and they pretty much said that was that and there was nothing they could do about it. I live in Portland, Oregon and the rep said it went up in this location but by $874? It’s just such a big difference that I can’t wrap my head around it! Lol Hopefully someone has some insight on this. It went from $198 to $1,072.

Hello! First time posting on this forum. I am taking delivery of my Tesla in a couple of days but when I went in to finalize payment, I realized the amount was $1k over than my previous amount, which was just a few days ago. Upon further inspection of the price break down I realized that the registration fee increased by $874. This was crazy to me, so just wondering if this is normal? I called Tesla and they pretty much said that was that and there was nothing they could do about it. I live in Portland, Oregon and the rep said it went up in this location but by $874? It’s just such a big difference that I can’t wrap my head around it! Lol Hopefully someone has some insight on this. It went from $198 to $1,072.
I am not from Oregon but your answer is probably here.

NEW VEHICLE with a Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin: Double the Registration/Renewal AND any County fees.

192 title fee + 632 EV registration fee + 224 county fees, 24.50 for plates, etc. That gets you there.

Sounds to me like Tesla's estimate on their website doesn't account for detail like this and the delivery center fixed it.

The good news is renewal fees should be half or less when you renew everything on the car. Lots of people reporting high fees on registration with EVs since the states want their money they lose from you not getting assessed gas tax. We get hit hard here in GA too.

Last edited:

NEW VEHICLE with a Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin: Double the Registration/Renewal AND any County fees.

192 title fee + 632 EV registration fee + 224 county fees, plates, etc.

Totally missed that line the first time! Thank you so much for the info 🙏🏼 I can’t believe it’s doubled lol

192 title fee + 632 EV registration fee + 224 county fees, 24.50 for plates, etc. That gets you there.

Sounds to me like Tesla's estimate on their website doesn't account for detail like this and the delivery center fixed it.

The good news is renewal fees should be half or less when you renew everything on the car. Lots of people reporting high fees on registration with EVs since the states want their money they lose from you not getting assessed gas tax. We get hit hard here in GA too.

Yeah, I really wish they had at least warned me there was going to be that high of an increase 2 days before I have to take delivery. Especially with such high amounts of up front payment they receive lol

Reactions: Avidcyclist
I just received a VIN - 324XXX!! The two-week window was supposed to start on Aug 12. Now Tesla has given me a 4-day window starting Aug 9. Happy but the faster-than-expected delivery and VIN make me suspicious of the car being declined before.
Celebrate your VIN and wait and see.🎉 Sure it's possible that the car could have been declined 1) buyers are bailing due to high interest rates 2) the EV rebate influenced LR orders by them switching to SR model or Y's.

90 days.

EDDs update twice a day at 7am and 4pm EST.
Once you get much closer to your edd and its tightening a VIN can come 24/7.
Wait is this true? We can hold our order for 90 days? Might consider doing that into the new year…

Grad day for me is next Monday!! Will any of you wash and clean your trade-in vehicle or just dump it at Tesla as-is?
You would be wasting your time cleaning your trade-in before turning it over. Spoke directly to Tesla rep about trade-ins during my test drive experience. All the cars, regardless of condition, get sent straight to auction to be sold as-is. Tesla doesn't care about condition whatsoever. As far as I know, there really is no inspection, unlike trading your car in at a traditional automaker where it is thoroughly inspected and driven. As long as it runs, you're good. Can't be towed in. It's no secret they really don't want your trade, hence the low ball offer. They simply make it available as a convenient option to ensure an easier transaction for the buyer. Even if you did clean it, the exterior and interior would just get very dirty again during the transport process, sitting around parked for awhile outside in a lot somewhere, and from people in and out moving it around.

Reactions: HeatherW22
It’s been such a stressful day trying to get the finances in order the credit union messed up on my amount and than my wife isn’t going to be able to come now to sign on the car and has to switch the delivery to a drop off at the Tesla center which I dont get the different other than the paperwork being submitted by me.
I hear ya! I know they say things move fast, but I was not prepared! So glad I had already arranged my loan and locked my rate. Insurance was easy as I already knew who I was going with but all you need is proof of current insurance to check that box off. My scramble was moving money around - guess I should have done that earlier, but my time just moved so quickly! You could always use a power of attorney for the car - but pretty sure it has to be specific for an auto purchase - they are funny about that. Just a possible option. Once I had all that done (one busy and stressful day) it has been easy since then.I keep thinking I should be doing something

Reactions: jpaychek and IWRBR
You would be wasting your time cleaning your trade-in before turning it over. Spoke directly to Tesla rep about trade-ins during my test drive experience. All the cars, regardless of condition, get sent straight to auction to be sold as-is. Tesla doesn't care about condition whatsoever. As far as I know, there really is no inspection, unlike trading your car in at a traditional automaker where it is thoroughly inspected and driven. As long as it runs, you're good. Can't be towed in. It's no secret they really don't want your trade, hence the low ball offer. They simply make it available as a convenient option to ensure an easier transaction for the buyer. Even if you did clean it, the exterior and interior would just get very dirty again during the transport process, sitting around parked for awhile outside in a lot somewhere, and from people in and out moving it around.
Thanks for the info.

BTW...I just received my VIN. 325***