Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for those who have recently taken delivery. My delivery date was pushed up again recently to 9/10-10/8. What has been the typical amount of time between getting a VIN and taking delivery? I have seen on this forum that in the past the amount of time had ranged from a couple days, or less, and multiple weeks. Just curious to see how long I will have to coordinate insurance/trade in/making sure I am available to actually go and get the car.
Spreadsheet is a great source of information like that

Your bank should take care of that for you unless you are wanting to give them a cashiers check for the loan portion. On the site it says there are several option - dealer funding request is the option I am going to use. When you sign the paperwork at the dealer they will then contact the bank and the bank will pay them. My bank was super familiar with the process so no worries. Tesla did reach out to me and ask that I email them a copy of that.
I was going to answer a bunch of your other questions but it looks like they all were answered before I got through this whole thread! People have been busy today!
picking up tomorrow ! I’m super excited!!! Best of luck to you!
Congrats and Good luck with the delivery. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Picking up mine on 08/13 and I decided to go with a Cashier's check after reading everyone's input.
Quick question for those who have recently taken delivery. My delivery date was pushed up again recently to 9/10-10/8. What has been the typical amount of time between getting a VIN and taking delivery? I have seen on this forum that in the past the amount of time had ranged from a couple days, or less, and multiple weeks. Just curious to see how long I will have to coordinate insurance/trade in/making sure I am available to actually go and get the car.
Things moved rapidly for me. My two-week window was starting from 08/12 but I got a VIN on 08/08 and a delivery window- between 08/09 and 08/13. The timeline meant I had to jump around trying to get everything sorted out but definitely manageable :)

Dashboard LCD lights?

I’m going to drive my car for at least a few days/weeks before getting AB just so I can really appreciate the difference in all aspects; but a big part of me also wants to do it immediately at delivery lol
*ment the neon lights not LCD

I've heard people say they've waited...I'll probably drive it home so I can use my wifi but yeah after that I'll likely buy it then (the boost). Mainly because I'll still have the new car high. If I wait a few days and sleep on it my brain will probably tell me to stop spending money lmao

Congrats and Good luck with the delivery. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Picking up mine on 08/13 and I decided to go with a Cashier's check after reading everyone's input.
I would have gone with the cashiers check, but my bank is not local and they would have had to mail me the check. With the weekend I did not feel like I had time. Definitely think the cashiers check is the better way to go!
I did not have all my funds transferred until close of business on Monday and with a Thursday pick up it doesn’t give you lots of room! Personal check would have made it so much easier but totally understand why they would not accept that!

No clue - all I know is I woke up and checked my EDD before work, since I was within my 2 week window. Waking up hoping to find a VIN, but instead found I got pushed out to Nov - Feb. Really was a sucky way to wake up this morning haha
You ordered on July 1. I think you're 2 week estimate was wrong, seeing that deliveries are averaging 90+ days. Just my opinion.

Reactions: ZZ118
It takes a few days for western delivery locations, and about 10 days for all other locations. The western locations are reached by truck directly from the factory while the eastern locations are reached by rail shipment to either Chicago Illinois or Birmingham Alabama and then by truck the rest of the way. You're in New York City, so your car will reach you via rail to Chicago then truck to New York City. It'll take about 10-14 days.

The difference in logistics is why you'll see some people saying that it was only a day or two after getting a VIN while others will say they had to wait a couple weeks. The first group is getting their vehicles directly by truck from the factory while the second group is having to wait for a rail shipment. A day or two can be added when a delivery location is particularly busy.

I'd tell you to follow me here. We have the same car at the same pickup and I regularly post updates as they come

I would have gone with the cashiers check, but my bank is not local and they would have had to mail me the check. With the weekend I did not feel like I had time. Definitely think the cashiers check is the better way to go!
I did not have all my funds transferred until close of business on Monday and with a Thursday pick up it doesn’t give you lots of room! Personal check would have made it so much easier but totally understand why they would not accept that!
I paid for my last Tesla with personal check. That was in Jan 2022.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Hello everyone, to anyone that ordered the 6 piece Taptes set on Amazon: were you missing the sub trunk mat? Mine does not seem to be with my order...

P.S As literally every single person who has taken delivery and come back has said: the car is AWESOME!!!!

Hello everyone, to anyone that ordered the 6 piece Taptes set on Amazon: were you missing the sub trunk mat? Mine does not seem to be with my order...

P.S As literally every single person who has taken delivery and come back has said: the car is AWESOME!!!!
I also ordered my 6 piece from Taptes, the package should come with sub trunk mat. You could contact their customer service to solve your problem, their customer service is good.

Reactions: Fire0897
has anyone driven their Tesla to Canada from the United States? Does the car's data signal roam in Canada?