Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd call them back. I have done this 3 times, they extended my pick up date 3 days after the 3 day window. They should consider that the early delivery messed up the timeline funding your loan. Good Luck!
They just texted me saying they cant hold until Wednesday, and asked if the bank can fund it on Monday. I don't know, I'm not the damn bank. I don't know!
Also I hate their texting system. Zero consistency in reply time

Thanks! 15 miles appear to be a standard number they put on the MVPA. Will only get to see the real mileage once I get my hand on the car.

My two cents here: I faced a similar situation with credit unions in Seattle. A possible solution would be to (1) lock in the rate with your credit union. Most credit unions will hold the rate for you for a period of at least 30 days. (2) Finance from tesla. This is pretty quick and you get a conditional approval the same day (3) Refinance with your credit union once you have the car.
My contract with the credit union is signed already for a new car purchase and their refinancing rates are higher. I have no idea what their policies are regarding this since they wont even open until Monday. At that point Tesla may have already reasssignd the car to someone else who wouldn't pick up the car until later in the week anyway! Just really frustrating experience all around

Last edited:
For $80K, I'd be happy to deliver my soon-to-be-delivered Tesla Model 3 long-range at your home for anyone interested. :D
Lol well see but I wouldn't be surprised to see people start panic buying

I really don't think 65-70k will be an unrealistic estimate if demand really stays this way. You have to remember this is a car you currently cannot buy and even when you can buy you will have to wait half a year+ to get.

Reactions: JB47394
They just texted me saying they cant hold until Wednesday, and asked if the bank can fund it on Monday. I don't know, I'm not the damn bank. I don't know!
Also I hate their texting system. Zero consistency in reply time

My contract with the credit union is signed already for a new car purchase and their refinancing rates are higher. I have no idea what their policies are regarding this since they wont even open until Monday. At that point Tesla may have already reasssignd the car to someone else who wouldn't pick up the car until later in the week anyway! Just really frustrating experience all around
When is your scheduled pick up date?
You can accept the latest date for now so it won't be unmatched to you, and give you time to get the funds and/or at the same, time to ask for rescheduled delivery date.

Lol well see but I wouldn't be surprised to see people start panic buying

I really don't think 65-70k will be an unrealistic estimate if demand really stays this way. You have to remember this is a car you currently cannot buy and even when you can buy you will have to wait half a year+ to get.
Can be true. My 2021 LR MYLR7 went for $10K above my purchase price last April.

Reactions: ZZ118
No necessarily since speed/acceleration, heated seats etc could all be software locked. The thing is just software locks leave a bad taste in peoples mouths its like buying a new house but the bathroom is padlocked until you give the realtor another couple grand. Like the car already has it all I am paying you is to flip a switch over wifi. I get why they do it but it still comes across as a money grab and selling an incomplete project.
My counter to that is it's their fault for buying an incomplete project - you get what you pay for.

Why complain about wanting a Tesla that qualifies for an EV rebate, then turn around and complain that you didn't get all the features.
It's a simple case of "you didn't pay for it."

Tesla had a reduced-range (93 miles) Model 3 for Canada's iZEV program, until they discontinued it because prices pushed all trims out of the price cap.

Last edited:
Why would they stop Canadian orders ?
Two possibilities.

1. Tesla doesn't want 4.5 months of order backlog on their books. That would shut down all orders for Fremont, no matter the source.
2. Tesla is going to retool the Model 3 Long Range lines for something that is incompatible with the current Long Range. They might do this for a variety of reasons, including trying to qualify for the tax credit, but it may also be for reallocation of available battery capacity, the end of a critical supply contract, or other reasons. The net result is that the Model 3 Long Range would no longer be built in its current form so they wouldn't take orders for it anymore.

Actually, a third possibility is that they're not going to build the Model 3 Long Range anymore. They may need the batteries for other products or some such thing. They could keep building the Rear Wheel Drive with LFP batteries, and the Performance with the NCA batteries knowing that not many people buy the latter. All of this is pure speculation.

Two possibilities.

1. Tesla doesn't want 4.5 months of order backlog on their books. That would shut down all orders for Fremont, no matter the source.
2. Tesla is going to retool the Model 3 Long Range lines for something that is incompatible with the current Long Range. They might do this for a variety of reasons, including trying to qualify for the tax credit, but it may also be for reallocation of available battery capacity, the end of a critical supply contract, or other reasons. The net result is that the Model 3 Long Range would no longer be built in its current form so they wouldn't take orders for it anymore.

Actually, a third possibility is that they're not going to build the Model 3 Long Range anymore. They may need the batteries for other products or some such thing. They could keep building the Rear Wheel Drive with LFP batteries, and the Performance with the NCA batteries knowing that not many people buy the latter. All of this is pure speculation.
My money is on option 1. This is purely to clear out the backlogs. Right now model 3LR is a top seller as is. No reason to discontinue it or retool it to make a lesser version. If they try to use a downgraded LR to compete with the tax credit by lowering price they risk cannibalizing sales of the RWD and jeopardizing overall sales as people may decide they dont want a downgraded LR but ALSO don;t want to deal the high cost and maintenace of the P.

In addition, people are saying they are doing this to divert resources from the LR to the Y but that makes no sense unless they cancel already exisiting LR orders.

We keep looking at this from the consumer side and yeah we really want to save 7500$ but from the business side I just don't see it. You don't retool a best seller with demand that can't currently be met to get even MORE "demand" for a downgraded model.

My counter to that is it's their fault for buying an incomplete project - you get what you pay for.

Why complain about wanting a Tesla that qualifies for an EV rebate, then turn around and complain that you didn't get all the features.
It's a simple case of "you didn't pay for it."

Tesla had a reduced-range (93 miles) Model 3 for Canada's iZEV program, until they discontinued it because prices pushed all trims out of the price cap.
The only was I see this being viable is to discontinue the RWD. Then you can make a model 3 awd, model 3 LR and model 3P. Right now a RWD is 46000 base. A "retooled" LR3 would need to be 54999 max. Take away 7500 and it is 47499. See the problem? No one would buy the RWD anymore period.

This would do many things (all bad)
1) Tesla would need to d/c the RWD and lose those orders
2) Tesla would have ruined the 3LR model by downgrading it and lose those orders
3) Tesla would be losing money as they have now lowered prices and cost themselves orders

However, if tesla d/c the RWD made a "slightly" improved model 3 standard and sold that for 50k then the opposite happens.

So no the LR isn't going anywhere and likely isn't getting a price reduction but I think the RWD (in it's current iteration) has its days numbered

** Of course this is all speculation but to me it seems the most logical and practical route to take

Got home from my evening run and received the schedule delivery message 🎉 I'm all set for an 8/20 delivery! I can't wait, really don't know how I'm gonna make it through the week.
Same, also all of you April and May orders relax, look at my OD, and relax you are in a way better place than me. After working 14 hrs today, putting the kiddo down, doing chores around the house, and picking up after my dog in the back yard I was blessed with the beautiful "Tesla SA" iMessage buzz on my phone. I immediately coordinated the earliest time with the wife and locked it in. I missed the price increases by two weeks (lost $2.5k), will miss out on the possible 7.5k, and never got a cent from the US Gov for any of the covid spending spree.

I plan to keep this car and enjoy the hell out of it, not fill up my truck ever again, and laugh all the way to the bank whenever the next pipeline or gas shortage hits. Don't freak out over the possible refund, just buy another one and sell this one when it gets here, the wait line will be 6 months to a year and someone will buy it for more than you paid possibly. Or just enjoy your car like I will be doing at 11:30 on Saturday next week.

Stay strong and buy those accessories lol.

When is your scheduled pick up date?
You can accept the latest date for now so it won't be unmatched to you, and give you time to get the funds and/or at the same, time to ask for rescheduled delivery date.
The latest schedule date is Sunday. My bank isnt even open until Monday, at which point they should hopefully fund it.

They contacted me and said Monday is the latest they can hold it. So I have a scheduled time of 11am, and have to call the bank at 6:30am to beg them to cut my check first thing.

Reactions: RoBoRaT