Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the acceleration agreement? Just curious.
1661106102536.png

Whoo-Hoo! That's AWESOME! Got my VIN last Friday and EDD doesn't typically change. This morning I received a text message letting me know that my 3 just departed the factory..."Be on the lookout for a message within the next week to schedule your delivery appointment." Finally!!!
Congrats. This proves that Tesla SAs can " see" something that we can't on the system. I think next week if I still don't have a VIN I'm going on person to see what's up.

Can't wait for you to get the car that's awesome and safe travels

Just stick with 200/mo when needed lol
Likely it's going to go up. This was my reason to jumping on EAP when I did. FSD was a very hard sell at 12k then they gutted it and now are increasing the price. It's clear tesla is trying to get people to panic buy with FOMO. They are years from level 5 driving and when that does happen what is the price going to be 100k? IMO they are really overtending and under delivering on the FSD. But they'll likely see a panic buy these next 2 weeks.

Likely it's going to go up. This was my reason to jumping on EAP when I did. FSD was a very hard sell at 12k then they gutted it and now are increasing the price. It's clear tesla is trying to get people to panic buy with FOMO. They are years from level 5 driving and when that does happen what is the price going to be 100k? IMO they are really overtending and under delivering on the FSD. But they'll likely see a panic buy these next 2 weeks.
I can't see a lot of people panic buying a $15k FSD. I think they will get very few takers at that price point until the software is approved for true autonomy (many years away). I bought into the FSD-hype 4 years ago and got nothing out of it except an upgraded AP computer.

Reactions: jpaychek and ZZ118
For all of those worked up about the headlights, it was dark last night and they are not easy to tell. From what it looks like, Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, charging cable, and license plate holder. @Cho22 @Santorini2 The headlights are not that much different than my last Tesla. If you guys are that worked up about them, that's fine. I'd rather have an extra charging cable.
Glad to know that they are not much different btw two. I actually needed some advice why the lights matter or doesn’t matter but you gave me the tip. Thanks!

Wow that's really grimy imo. So I pay 70k for a car and they can't give me a 2$ piece of plastic. This is a very concerning trend from Tesla. Since waiting for my car they keep taking away things without adding. Just hoping when mine comes it still has 4 wheels included.
4 wheels will be included. Just not the 4 tires!!! :)

Glad to know that they are not much different btw two. I actually needed some advice why the lights matter or doesn’t matter but you gave me the tip. Thanks!
There are definite differences, but Tesla has yet to write the software to drive the programmable features of the Matrix headlamps. That's primarily selective lighting to avoid blinding oncoming vehicles, and beam steering to keep the lighting on the road even through turns.

It seems that the software team is completely consumed with FSD Beta, leaving all the other software on the car to languish. That's stuff like the automatic wipers, the infotainment software, and the matrix headlamps. I just hope they get to it all before I sell mine, and don't spend too much time on easter eggs and idiotic toys.

Hii I just created an account and checking in :)

When should I apply for a loan?
How quick was the approval?
How long is the rate good for?
What lender?

M3 LR OD 6/15/22 Blue/Black Aero, No FSD EDD 9/10-10/15
Welcome in!
1) Apply for a loan when either you get your vin, or you think youre going to get it soon and want to lock in rates. Once you get your vin, it seems you snowball to delivery so be prepared.
2) depends on where youre getting your loan from. Tesla approved mine within a day. Their rates arent the best but itll do.
3) Rates are generally good for 30-60 days
4) shop around! CUs get you the best rates. Im just lazy and went through Tesla. LOL

Congrats. This proves that Tesla SAs can " see" something that we can't on the system. I think next week if I still don't have a VIN I'm going on person to see what's up.

Can't wait for you to get the car that's awesome and safe travels
Hey thanks ZZ much appreciated! Honestly I kept checking in over the weekend to see if you got your VIN! If your SA is leaving you hanging, I'd def visit the Tesla center. Hopefully it's not too far and you'll get some answers. It just doesn't makes sense. Sending VIN vibes to ya!! 🚘 😉

• Love
Reactions: ZZ118
I finally took delivery of my car yesterday. Other than a 4 hour delay from the original scheduled time due to the truck car-carrier having a blown tire everything else went smooth. Since I got dropped off I had to wait around but it wasn't that bad and I got a chance to talk to some of the other people picking up their cars which was fun. My SA was extremely nice and I could tell he felt bad about the delay and checked in with me from time to time with updates. They said they've been doing around 45 deliveries a day which seems like a lot but they had everything moving pretty well.

As far as the car goes it had everything I was hoping for and I mean everything!! No major defects either which was a huge relief since I was expecting the worst after reading some of the experiences people on this forum have had. The top 3 things below are the things I wasn't sure if it would have but it did. All of the other things were expected but still glad to see first hand.
  • Michelin tires
  • Mobile charger w/15A plug and J1772 connector
  • Matrix headlights
  • License plate frame (I don't like chrome so not going to use theirs)
  • heated everything: outside mirrors, steering wheel, seats, charge port, etc
  • auto dimming side and rear view mirrors
  • CCS1 compatible, Ryzen chip, and all the other refresh stuff
After I picked it up I spent a few hours putting in all the accessories, taking off the aero covers, mud flaps, etc. There were 2 software updates so I did those as well. I also bought acceleration boost and good god that is crazy fast, totally insane!! All in all I'm extremely happy and it really is an amazing vehicle that is so far ahead of anything else out there imo. Can't wait till next weekend when I'm taking it on a road trip to visit my daughter in college.

IMG_2862.jpg

I’m not sure if my first post went thru 🫠. Got my VIN this morning 341XXX! New EDD 8/24-8/28. I’m in LA area. Asking to upload insurance info. Once these task are done is it a possibility the date will change again?
It likely won’t change. Text your SA though and let them know if it is in early you will be willing to pick up early.

Well we finally made it back to Thunder Bay and wow we love this car. Car was immaculate, no issues at all when we picked it up. Dealer had it cooling for us and gave us as much time as we wanted to look it over before signing the delivery papers. 1400km drive over two days was a dream and wow this car is fast! Absolutely loved everything about it. Even the Northern Ontario Super Charger network was pretty great, good speeds everywhere we stopped.

Only issue...200km into the trip we got hit with a rock and have a golf-size chip in the centre of the windshield 🤬

Got home, plugged it into the Wall Charger and am getting a nice 78km/hr on the 48A charge 😁