Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And they post more here...

Reactions: Cho22 and Fire0897
And they post more here...

Wow I feel like I haven’t seen a build that bad in a long time. Everything recently has been looking pretty good

Reactions: Cho22
Wow I feel like I haven’t seen a build that bad in a long time. Everything recently has been looking pretty good
while I agree, that one build is absolutely terrible, i dont feel like it should make people worry. One terrible build should not outweigh all the reports of amazing deliveries with minimal issues. I feel like that user just got REALLY unlucky.

Like I said, im not disagreeing - that QA on his M3 was awful. But there are a lot of other great posts if you scavenge TMC and r/TeslaModel3Deliveries

Reactions: Cho22 and Fire0897
while I agree, that one build is absolutely terrible, i dont feel like it should make people worry. One terrible build should not outweigh all the reports of amazing deliveries with minimal issues. I feel like that user just got REALLY unlucky.

Like I said, im not disagreeing - that QA on his M3 was awful. But there are a lot of other great posts if you scavenge TMC and r/TeslaModel3Deliveries
Exactly I still have high hopes!! I can’t wait till I can schedule my pickup!

Reactions: codenameku
Couple of nuggets from the SA Manager:

• Austin is cranking up Y production so Fremont can make more 3's. Six month wait on the Y but he thinks that's the direction Tesla is moving.
  • You may or may not get the texts about your car leaving or as in my case, your car is here. SA is the one that sends the communications
  • He was surprised the cars started flowing so fast (as evidenced by the flow of VINS)
  • Despite what Tesla said about mobile chargers no longer being included, every car that they delivered has one
  • To improve quality, they are doing 3 checks before delivery. It costs Tesla alot of $$ when cars get rejected for quality.
  • They try and charge cars up before delivery. Mine was at 79%. More than acceptable.
If you look at this forum lately, it seems that bad deliveries are quite rare and most folks are pleased here. I was in and out in 20 minutes and this M3 was much better quality wise than my M3 in 12/19.

(I am annoyed that I purchased a year sub for PC for $99 back in May and I don't think that carried over)

Is this what you are talking about
YES!.....ours is not painted!

20220822_134001.jpg

The front door is not painted on the driver side. Not a huge issue but wanted to bring it up.

Passenger is a bit better with a bit more coverage.

Just something to note

Reactions: Fire0897
Things are moving fast now. SA called me back instead of text. Said Home Delivery is preferred so I said what the heck, let's do it. Updated my delivery address to my home, scheduled delivery for 8/26 between Noon and 4PM, and they will reach out if there are any delays. Weeeeeeeee!!!
Congrats! I’m getting mine the same day at 3pm. I’m curious, how far are you from nearest delivery center that they would do Home Delivery? I wish I could get home delivery, but I have to drive 150 miles to Chicago.

Reactions: guerro