Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very clever. Sell under the limit by turning off software features, then go back over the limit after the sale by purchasing the remainder of the car. It's almost hilarious, and I wonder if the federal government will enact legislation to try to prevent it. The best I can think of is to catch all money paid to the manufacturer over the first 12 months or some such thing.
Even though I hate to admit it, your probably right.

It seems like this is the future we are headed to. Subscription models for everything from software to day to day items. Heck, I think rivian is doing the same thing with their membership.

Very clever. Sell under the limit by turning off software features, then go back over the limit after the sale by purchasing the remainder of the car. It's almost hilarious, and I wonder if the federal government will enact legislation to try to prevent it. The best I can think of is to catch all money paid to the manufacturer over the first 12 months or some such thing.
They might try, but how far do you take it? Do you starting adding things to total car price like sat radio subscriptions?

And Tesla has already set a precedent with things like acceleration boost, FSD, etc.

What! I have an order from May 12, 2022 and it has not shipped yet! I am in canada and I am not sure if that changes anything…
I ordered the mobile connector on May 25th and I also haven't received. I actually canceled the order yesterday since I have a wall connector at home now and I'll just hope the car comes with it for traveling but if not I can just use superchargers when away.

Reactions: Fire0897
My EDD changed to Sept 2 - Sept 6 and got my VIN. Excited. I ordered in May. LR, Blue, 18" wheels.
Got my credit union to approve my loan. I am just waiting on Tesla to give me their loan approval so I can compare rates and wait for the delivery date. Tesla low balled my trade in by 3k compared to CarMax. Caravana, Vroom, givemethevin all came in about 1K lower than Carmax. One thing I noticed is that Carmax inventory has grown a lot. I went about a month ago to check on a used car for my girlfriend's son and the lot was half empty. Yesterday it was so packed that they had cars everywhere. If that's an indication of used car saturation I imagine the used cars prices will start going down in the near future.

I ordered the mobile connector on May 25th and I also haven't received. I actually canceled the order yesterday since I have a wall connector at home now and I'll just hope the car comes with it for traveling but if not I can just use superchargers when away.
I ordered the mobile connector in May when I order my Model 3 and just today I received confirmation that it shipped. I guess they wait until your car is closed to delivery to send it over.

Reactions: Santorini2
Rust protection. Generally, a car should have primer, base coat, and clear coat to protect the car's bare metal from getting rusted out due to moisture, salt, etc. Water and salt will find its way into the door jams someway, and if its not painted properly, it could be an issue years down the road.
I suggest that you look at other vehicles on the inside of the front fender and see if they're fully painted, I have, and they're not. They are fully primed for rust resistance but only partially sprayed. This is not unique to Tesla.

They might try, but how far do you take it? Do you starting adding things to total car price like sat radio subscriptions?
Well, the goal is to identify the true value of the car, right? So my "law" tried to pick up payments made to the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is making a satellite radio subscription service integral to the car, then that's part of the price. If the buyer turns to a third party for that service then the manufacturer isn't involved and it's not part of the price. I could imagine all sorts of byzantine legal constructs to include 3 years of satellite radio but not over the air maps, PPF but not window tinting (above 50%), and so on. It's all politics and lobbies, so who knows where it would all end. Given lawmakers, it would end in a mess.

I look forward to the return of Long Range orders so that we can see if Tesla really goes with software-defined cars to qualify for the tax credit. Boy, talk about unintended consequences of incentive legislation.

I suggest that you look at other vehicles on the inside of the front fender and see if they're fully painted, I have, and they're not. They are fully primed for rust resistance but only partially sprayed. This is not unique to Tesla.
Well I can tell you my old vehicle, a 2020 Civic Si, was fully painted and my other vehicle, a 2010 Toyota Corolla, also is fully painted on the door jams and hood/trunk. Considering the Tesla is more than double or even triple the cost of my other vehicles, you’d imagine they would finish the paint job in every crevice of the vehicle. Even my brother in law, who owns a 2021 M3LR joked with me that my Honda has a lot better quality than his car. A little disappointing but hey, we’re paying for technology not the quality, as most would say.

Well I can tell you my old vehicle, a 2020 Civic Si, was fully painted and my other vehicle, a 2010 Toyota Corolla, also is fully painted on the door jams and hood/trunk. Considering the Tesla is more than double or even triple the cost of my other vehicles, you’d imagine they would finish the paint job in every crevice of the vehicle. Even my brother in law, who owns a 2021 M3LR joked with me that my Honda has a lot better quality than his car. A little disappointing but hey, we’re paying for technology not the quality, as most would say.
Let’s not forget that Tesla is not a car manufacturer. They are a tech company that just happens to make cars.

Granted, their QC has improved dramatically over the last 10 years.

We're not talking about the door jambs, hood and trunk. Look at the inside of the front fenders as viewed from the vehicle A pillar area. Go ahead, check your Hondas.

Reactions: ZZ118
We're not talking about the door jambs, hood and trunk. Look at the inside of the front fenders as viewed from the vehicle A pillar area. Go ahead, check your Hondas.
Can’t check my civic as I sold it but my Corolla looks painted there

Attachments

• D2D8C4FF-9B1A-4C39-AAED-1FCA847F7EC4.jpeg
    D2D8C4FF-9B1A-4C39-AAED-1FCA847F7EC4.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Andrometer4
Graduation post. This is Bluey. Picked up Sunday at Roswell, GA location. Pickup was super simple. The SA let me have all the time I needed to go through my checklist. No issues found whatsoever. Paid with Plaid in app after inspection.

Then he spent as much time as we needed reviewing driving the car. He even gave my toddler son a toy model 3 to play with while we reviewed the car.

So far I've installed Tesbros screen protector, and Tesbros mudflaps. Kids car seat was easy install and used seat protector. Going to install Tesbros DIY front PPF kit next week. Floor mats will be on order soon along with other interior accessories.

The car is amazing. Easily the best car I've ever driven and such an upgrade from my 2010 Impreza. However, it is overwhelming the amount of settings and options on this thing. Still so much stuff to figure out. My wife is frustrated by the whole thing. It's definitely an adjustment.

Hang in there crew!
PXL_20220823_141510741.jpg