Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I have gathered on this forum, at the beginning of a quarter Tesla ships to far away delivery locations and moves west across the country until they blitz out the close orders like CA in the final weeks of the quarter.
Yes, except that Tesla does deliver in the west by truck throughout the quarter. It is only when they've decided that they don't want to put any more cars on trains headed east that they can really go into overdrive for western deliveries. That may be only a week or two right at the end of the quarter when it's impractical to put cars on trains such that they can be sure that those cars will reach their delivery location in time for processing, scheduling and delivery.

Reactions: guerro
I believe the only thing that comes standard is the j1772 adapter. So no 110v charging if you do not have the mobile connector
1661380342182.jpeg

Reactions: HeatherW22
So maybe everyone who is reporting that they receives a mobile adapter... really doesnt have the 14-50 adapter but the regular 5-15? I wonder if anyone who took delivery recently with an OD of May onwards can confirm.
Possibly. But everywhere I read stated that the regular wall outlet 120v NEMA 5-15 comes standard on our cars, but the 220v NEMA 14-50 does not. But it only makes sense. Imagine an EV vehicle coming with no charger whatsoever lol. Imagine the outrage

• Funny
Reactions: HeatherW22
Possibly. But everywhere I read stated that the regular wall outlet 120v NEMA 5-15 comes standard on our cars, but the 220v NEMA 14-50 does not. But it only makes sense. Imagine an EV vehicle coming with no charger whatsoever lol. Imagine the outrage
I just messaged someone ive been chatting to who took delivery recently that was a june OD - she got a mobile connector so im just going to see if she can confirm if she has the 14-50 with it or just 5-15

Reactions: guerro
I just messaged someone ive been chatting to who took delivery recently that was a june OD - she got a mobile connector so im just going to see if she can confirm if she has the 14-50 with it or just 5-15
update: she just confirmed she only received the 5-15 adapter.

So technically everyone should have a Level 1 charger, and you could just buy a 14-50 adapter if needed.

If thats the case, i think ill keep my mobile connector kit that i bought with both 14-50 and 5-15 in the car, while i keep the free 5-15 at home to trickle charge, or use the J1772 adapter to borrow my familys L2 charger haha.

Reactions: guerro and Cho22

Over time, the charging kit that came with it evolved. Tesla used to supply a charging cable that included both a NEMA 14-50 (Level 2) connector and a normal outlet connector (Level 1). Later, the manufacturer opted to remove the NEMA 14-50 connector from the bundle, leaving only the NEMA 5-15 adaptor for regular outlets. The Level 2 connector could be purchased separately.

like the image @Cho22 posted. As I said, I reached out to a redditor i been chatting with who was a late june OD and received her M3LR already. Only the 5-15 adapter was in her car, no 14-50.

Over time, the charging kit that came with it evolved. Tesla used to supply a charging cable that included both a NEMA 14-50 (Level 2) connector and a normal outlet connector (Level 1). Later, the manufacturer opted to remove the NEMA 14-50 connector from the bundle, leaving only the NEMA 5-15 adaptor for regular outlets. The Level 2 connector could be purchased separately.

like the image @Cho22 posted. As I said, I reached out to a redditor i been chatting with who was a late june OD and received her M3LR already. Only the 5-15 adapter was in her car, no 14-50.
Yep exactly. It would be terrible business practice for Tesla to simply not include ANY charger with their 50k cars at all.

Reactions: codenameku
Well I cancelled my mobile connector order 2 days ago and got a message this morning saying it had shipped. So I guess I'll see if it turns up in the end or if I get a refund (hasn't gone through yet) or both. If it does turn up I'll try and keep it until delivery assuming the timing works out and then return it if another connector is provided with my car otherwise at I guess I'll just keep it.

The mobile connector isn’t the only option to charge. I believe all cars will include the 120v charger at least so you could still use that in the meantime
No, that's exactly what happened. That's why everyone was pissed in April. The prospect of having no option to charge wasn't a pleasant one.

1661382797270.png

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6619638/

1661383123784.png

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6619901

When I got my model 3 in February I got:
  • Mobile Charger
  • 5-15 adapter
  • J1772 adapter
So from what others have said the full kit used to have the 14-50 as well as the 5-15 adapter?

Last edited:
update: she just confirmed she only received the 5-15 adapter.

So technically everyone should have a Level 1 charger, and you could just buy a 14-50 adapter if needed.

If thats the case, i think ill keep my mobile connector kit that i bought with both 14-50 and 5-15 in the car, while i keep the free 5-15 at home to trickle charge, or use the J1772 adapter to borrow my familys L2 charger haha.
Well, then I purchased too much when I snagged one off the Tesla store. I should have just purchased the 14-50 adapter, not the entire charger.

No, that's exactly what happened. That's why everyone was pissed in April. The prospect of having no option to charge wasn't a pleasant one.

View attachment 844712

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6619638/

View attachment 844716

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6619901

When I got my model 3 in February I got:
  • Mobile Charger
  • 5-15 adapter
  • J1772 adapter
So from what others have said the full kit used to have the 14-50 as well as the 5-15 adapter?
Yup basically the kit includes all you listed, but teslas should only include the 5-15 moving forward. But we are seeing a lot of people receive the kit with their cars so who knows at this point lol