Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at staples today and found the perfect ssd for use with teslacam/sentry. On sale for $79. 500gb and up to 1030MB/s transfer speed. And it is tiny. Perfect for tucking away in the glovebox. It also come with the perfect sized usb-c to usb-a cable. Seagate Onetouch.
You all do know that the car comes with a tesla thumb drive right... its more than cable to capture and store all events.
I know its not made very clear when you buy a tesla, but for clarification you don't have to buy an ssd or any other storage device for your sentry and dash cam.

• Informative
Reactions: phaheem and deuskid
You all do know that the car comes with a tesla thumb drive right... its more than cable to capture and store all events.
I know its not made very clear when you buy a tesla, but for clarification you don't have to buy an ssd or any other storage device for your sentry and dash cam.
I wanted a ssd for two reasons. Better long term reliability, and I am going to partition it so I can have music on it as well.

Reactions: Cho22 and geauxwdw
I chose to replace the drive because a better solution was so cheap. For $42 I got four times the space, a smaller form factor, and greater write durability. I figure the Tesla drive would last a few years at least, but I really liked the newer setup. Besides, after spitting the drive into two partitions, I get storage for video out and data in (primarily music). And those sentry mode clips start to pile up.

Fully aware the car comes with one. But I’m getting an SSD for better reliability and a lot more storage.