Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3 Owner's Manual is the best source of official information. It has the following note under Charging > Charging Instructions > Charge Settings

If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, which you can determine by navigating to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information, Tesla recommends you keep your charge limit to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge your vehicle to 100% at least once per week. See Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries for more information.
Thank you!

Reactions: JB47394
Anyone remember or know how long after the automated message about their vehicle leaving the factory, that they got the message to schedule delivery?
I got my automated message Monday, still have an EDD of Sept 8th-14th..I live in Illinois so i know its coming by rail. Just dont know how it could still take 10-14 days. Im getting anxious in the home stretch!!

Reactions: HeatherW22
Anyone remember or know how long after the automated message about their vehicle leaving the factory, that they got the message to schedule delivery?
I got my automated message Monday, still have an EDD of Sept 8th-14th..I live in Illinois so i know its coming by rail. Just dont know how it could still take 10-14 days. Im getting anxious in the home stretch!!
I received my leaving the factory text on 8/20 I’m still waiting for a schedule delivery text also. My edd is still the same but I’m almost positive it’ll be pushed back

Last edited:
Been lurking here for a couple months learning about the M3 and studying everyone's delivery experiences. Test drove a M3LR in May and placed an order in blue/black, 18" aero, no FSD/EAP on 6/21. Original window was Sep-Nov, narrowed to late September to late October (can't remember the exact dates) shortly after ordering, then moved up to 9/3-10/8 after a couple weeks. Sunday I got the trade in text, even though I'm not trading. Then yesterday, I got my two week window, 9/7-9/21. No VIN yet. I'm located in Seattle, so it looks like I'll be part of the end-of-quarter west coast push.

It's getting real!
You are a quick study! lol Welcome to the madness and good luck!

Graduation Day!
OD 5/12, Blue/black 18 no FSD. Everything looked great: no gaps I could see, glass looked fine. No mobile connector. Michelin tires, ccs enabled, matrix headlights, etc. Picked up in Vallejo CA. Driving more cautiously than usual as I get used to the new car got 177wh/mi on the 20 or so miles back. I'm impressed with the efficiency!
What is ccs? It isn't presented on the acromyn list
@riro

What is ccs? It isn't presented on the acromyn list
@riro
Oh, sorry, I think its combined charging system? The non-tesla dc fast charging plug. I think some cars were coming in without the chip that enables the adapters to work (if they ever actually release them, sigh). That was my biggest worry as I have plans on roadtripping in some more remote areas in the future and would like to be able to use everything and anything if needed in a pinch (as even 50kw is better than a destination charger).

Just received the Tesla Mobile Connector with 14-50 adapter, that I bought separately from the Tesla Shop online.

Disappointed that Tesla doesn’t ship it in a shipping box, but just slaps a shipping label on the item’s packaging. Received it with the packaging unsealed and damaged, but the Mobile Connector and adapters seem fine - though I won’t know for sure until I get my car.

While I appreciate that it reduces shipping/packing materials waste and reduces shipping weight, it’s still a $200 item that is critical to the car’s use so there should be some caution with how they ship it.

I live in Illinois so i know its coming by rail. Just dont know how it could still take 10-14 days.
I don't know if you're serious, but it takes so long because your car is one of over 2000 being taken to the rail yard, loaded into rail cars, secured, transported through the busy US railway system, released, unloaded at the destination, loaded onto carrier trucks, driven to the delivery site, unloaded again, inspected, cleaned, and otherwise prepared for you. It's a pretty significant logistical chain that gets the car to you. Think about how many autoracks (22 vehicles each) and car carriers (5-9 vehicles each) are involved in all this. It's mind boggling to me.

You are a quick study! lol Welcome to the madness and good luck!

Looking forward to delivery day. I installed my wall connector on a 60A circuit a few weeks ago and it's waiting for a Tesla to charge

Attachments

• 20220730_152224.jpg
    20220730_152224.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220730_173611.jpg
    20220730_173611.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 51
Just received the Tesla Mobile Connector with 14-50 adapter, that I bought separately from the Tesla Shop online.

Disappointed that Tesla doesn’t ship it in a shipping box, but just slaps a shipping label on the item’s packaging. Received it with the packaging unsealed and damaged, but the Mobile Connector and adapters seem fine - though I won’t know for sure until I get my car.

While I appreciate that it reduces shipping/packing materials waste and reduces shipping weight, it’s still a $200 item that is critical to the car’s use so there should be some caution with how they ship it.
That is not typical. I ordered the 14-50 adapter and it was shipped in a nice black Tesla box with the tear open perforation.

Reactions: Bestie_n_Tessi
I don't know if you're serious, but it takes so long because your car is one of over 2000 being taken to the rail yard, loaded into rail cars, secured, transported through the busy US railway system, released, unloaded at the destination, loaded onto carrier trucks, driven to the delivery site, unloaded again, inspected, cleaned, and otherwise prepared for you. It's a pretty significant logistical chain that gets the car to you. Think about how many autoracks (22 vehicles each) and car carriers (5-9 vehicles each) are involved in all this. It's mind boggling to me.
It could take a week or more for that train to make it from CA to IL. Vehicle trains aren't necessarily high priority on the rail system. Add that to the fact that US railroads are a total s*** show right now, with not enough crews or in service locomotives to run the trains. Look how terrible the on time performance of Amtrak's western routes has been this year. It's not their fault the railroads are parking lots ;)