Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla seems to be moving quick this morning. My delivery window just updated from 9/21-9/26 to 9/21-9/23. Now that I have my three day delivery window and VIN I wanted to upload proof of insurance but my provider (Progressive) said they wouldn't insure a vehicle before the day I take delivery. I am going to insure the vehicle in NJ - Does anyone know if I can provide Tesla with the insurance binder when I am at the dealer accepting delivery?

Reactions: guerro
FSDBeta has a long way to go. Don’t buy the hype. It is not even close to useful in my neck of the woods. I’m sure they’ll get there eventually, but don’t expect it anytime in the next three years at least. I’m also skeptical HW3 is enough. There are too many situations where higher reasolution, more frames per second, or more cameras are needed.
Have you looked at the 10.69.1.1 videos? It looks like occupancy networks are working out very well. It's not perfect, but the new approach is clearly a more solid base to work from than anything preceding it. I remain hopeful that they can get to a reliable Level 3 Autonomy by year's end, while I assume that HW4 will be needed for anything beyond that.

Mostly I just want to get my hands on the beta so I can test it too.

Tesla seems to be moving quick this morning. My delivery window just updated from 9/21-9/26 to 9/21-9/23. Now that I have my three day delivery window and VIN I wanted to upload proof of insurance but my provider (Progressive) said they wouldn't insure a vehicle before the day I take delivery. I am going to insure the vehicle in NJ - Does anyone know if I can provide Tesla with the insurance binder when I am at the dealer accepting delivery?
The usual pattern is that your current insurance will cover a new car for a short time. This Car and Driver article says four days. So you just show the insurance for your current car. When I worked with Erie Insurance, they wanted to know the VIN and the day of pickup, and I was provided with a PDF of an insurance card that I could show to Tesla.

Reactions: Cho22
Have you looked at the 10.69.1.1 videos? It looks like occupancy networks are working out very well. It's not perfect, but the new approach is clearly a more solid base to work from than anything preceding it. I remain hopeful that they can get to a reliable Level 3 Autonomy by year's end, while I assume that HW4 will be needed for anything beyond that.

Mostly I just want to get my hands on the beta so I can test it too.
I have not looked at the videos and .69 hasn’t been installed on my 3 yet. I think they could get to level 3 on the highway if they tried, but they seem to be obsessed with city FSD. After having it for about 1 year, I have zero confidence they will get to level three this year. In areas with traffic, FSD has a long way to go. I will not buy FSD again until it is approved for true autonomy (i.e. I can watch a movie while the car drives.)

• Disagree
The usual pattern is that your current insurance will cover a new car for a short time. This Car and Driver article says four days. So you just show the insurance for your current car. When I worked with Erie Insurance, they wanted to know the VIN and the day of pickup, and I was provided with a PDF of an insurance card that I could show to Tesla.
Just reached out to Tesla. They recommend adding the car to insurance 24h before pickup

Reactions: JB47394
I have not looked at the videos and .69 hasn’t been installed on my 3 yet. I think they could get to level 3 on the highway if they tried, but they seem to be obsessed with city FSD. After having it for about 1 year, I have zero confidence they will get to level three this year. In areas with traffic, FSD has a long way to go. I will not buy FSD again until it is approved for true autonomy (i.e. I can watch a movie while the car drives.)
I think it's worth your time to look at the 10.69.1.1 videos. Ignore videos of all other 10.69 versions.

Just reached out to Tesla. They recommend adding the car to insurance 24h before pickup
Just a reminder for NY insurance it must match your license exactly. So if you have a middle name on your license it must be on the insurance card. I didn't realize this and no one at tesla let me know until I asked them to confirm my insurance for me. Also idk if you are shopping around for insurance but I looked at almost every company a few weeks ago and posted it here. tldr but esurance was by far the cheapest for the total package. Teslas are NOT cheap to insure in NY. Since we have the same car going to the same location let me know if you have any questions

Just a reminder for NY insurance it must match your license exactly. So if you have a middle name on your license it must be on the insurance card. I didn't realize this and no one at tesla let me know until I asked them to confirm my insurance for me. Also idk if you are shopping around for insurance but I looked at almost every company a few weeks ago and posted it here. tldr but esurance was by far the cheapest for the total package. Teslas are NOT cheap to insure in NY. Since we have the same car going to the same location let me know if you have any questions
Thanks! I have quite a few cars and a couple houses on the same policy (progressive) so im kind of stuck with them lol

Reactions: ZZ118
Strange progressive wouldn't even offer me a quote said they wouldn't insure new Tesla's. I assume since your a customer already they gave you a quote. I hope it was reasonable
that is strange. i called them before i even ordered the car to get an idea of cost and had them prepare the changes today so that we are ready to go come delivery day. i have been a customer for over 15 years so it is possible that is the only reason i was able to get.a quote.

Nice. How do they contact you to schedule delivery is it thru the app?
You will get a text message, something like this:

Hi ZZ118, select your tentative Model 3 delivery appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxx

Please select an appointment as soon as possible. If a delivery appointment is not selected, we may need to release this vehicle to another waiting customer.