Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery today! Super simple process but I must say sooo different than when I bought my model S in 2014. Back then they took you through everything and had a room all set up with the car. Not that I needed all that this time. Today they had me look at the car, sign the registration, and said see ya!

On another note… the model 3 doesn’t have homelink standard?!?!?!?
I took delivery of my Model S back in 2015 and yes, it was quite different. Like a whole event, with fancy curtains, a bow on hood, taking pictures with the car, etc. lol

It's a bit different these days. But yes, you're right, no homelink on Model 3. I think it's like $350 and has to be installed at the SC.

What's funny is, as you said, all that wasn't necessary, but I kind of thought that's how it would be when I picked up my Rivian. But it wasn't. I went into the SC and was greeted by an employee, they walked me outside where it was parked next to a few others, went over the car, features, and then signed docs and off I went. lol

I guess this is a sort of graduation post.

Picked up the car Sunday and have had zero issues since then. Got my car tinted all over today for a good price in the bay area (Fremont). Cost be about 775 after taxes, did front windshield, back windshield, sunroof, and all 4 windows.

The car is clean and lovely. The wait was well worth it.

Always happy to help with questions till the old guard all graduate together (I'm looking at you @Cho22 - c'mon tell Elon to hurry up already).

Keep your chins up and hurry up and wait!

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_132525.jpg
    IMG_20220921_132525.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20220921_131956.jpg
    IMG_20220921_131956.jpg
    745.2 KB · Views: 63

Picked up the car Sunday and have had zero issues since then. Got my car tinted all over today for a good price in the bay area (Fremont). Cost be about 775 after taxes, did front windshield, back windshield, sunroof, and all 4 windows.

Always happy to help with questions till the old guard all graduate together (I'm looking at you @Cho22 - c'mon tell Elon to hurry up already).

Looks great man and I appreciate the support 🤙🏻

• Love
Reactions: codenameku

What percent did you go with? I'm doing 40% on all side windows.

Ahaha so..
70% windshield (whole)
35% sunroof, driver/front passenger, and rear windshield.
5% back passenger windows

All Ceramic Coating (Lexan Brand) - if you guys are in the bay and want a good deal on tinting the whole car, Top Tint in Newark does it for 650-700 depending on what you want. I got a higher grade for the front windshield so it was 700+tax for me.

Ahaha so..
70% windshield (whole)
35% sunroof, driver/front passenger, and rear windshield.
5% back passenger windows

All Ceramic Coating (Lexan Brand) - if you guys are in the bay and want a good deal on tinting the whole car, Top Tint in Newark does it for 650-700 depending on what you want. I got a higher grade for the front windshield so it was 700+tax for me.
Thanks! Yeah I went with OCDetailing.

Also side note, just saw Tesla is now offering CCS adapters. Which chargers use CCS here?

Reactions: JB47394
I see you guys beat me to it. Here's are some links. The first is to the Tesla shop page and the second is to a nice U.S. Department of Energy site giving the location of charging stations by adapter type nationwide. It's surprisingly good.

CCS Combo 1 Adapter

Alternative Fuels Data Center: Electric Vehicle Charging Station Locations
Honestly though, unless they offered free charging I don’t think I have a huge incentive to go with CCS vs the large number of superchargers

Honestly though, unless they offered free charging I don’t think I have a huge incentive to go with CCS vs the large number of superchargers
I don't either, but it adds to your options.

I assume that some people are in a situation where the nearest CCS station is just that much more convenient than the nearest Supercharger. If I lived in an apartment and there was a CCS station on my way to work, while the Supercharger was out of my way, I'd probably get the CCS adapter.

It could also come in handy on a road trip for the same reason. You're staying at a hotel or resort with a CCS station nearby but the Supercharger is not so convenient.

The fact that people have been laboring to get their hands on these things from as far as South Korea tells me that CCS stations fill a need for somebody.

I don't either, but it adds to your options.

I assume that some people are in a situation where the nearest CCS station is just that much more convenient than the nearest Supercharger. If I lived in an apartment and there was a CCS station on my way to work, while the Supercharger was out of my way, I'd probably get the CCS adapter.

It could also come in handy on a road trip for the same reason. You're staying at a hotel or resort with a CCS station nearby but the Supercharger is not so convenient.

The fact that people have been laboring to get their hands on these things from as far as South Korea tells me that CCS stations fill a need for somebody.
Good points, good things to think about.

I received my VIN around 3:45pm earlier and the EDD was updated from Sept 22-Oct 1 to Sept 22-Sept 29. Still crazy to me that it was only 46 days from original order date to receiving a vin considering we expected the car during the holidays. Going to contact them hoping the delivery can be switched to picking up at a SC nearby rather than a home delivery once they contact me again about scheduling delivery

I received my VIN around 3:45pm earlier and the EDD was updated from Sept 22-Oct 1 to Sept 22-Sept 29. Still crazy to me that it was only 46 days from original order date to receiving a vin considering we expected the car during the holidays. Going to contact them hoping the delivery can be switched to picking up at a SC nearby rather than a home delivery once they contact me again about scheduling delivery
That's really fast.. whats your configuration?

E63A8DC0-E850-47EE-8537-1F8D9DF9BF1B.jpeg

tinted mine today, too. 20% on the four door windows and triangle window in the back. Did not tint the windshield, roof, or rear windshield