Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how long did it take for everyone to get their delivery scheduled after receiving a VIN? Seems to me like you all are getting a notification from them to schedule delivery within 24-48 hours?

I got my VIN last Wednesday but nothing but crickets from Tesla.

I texted them over the weekend and late Sunday they said the “car was still in production”.

Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and stay patient, but after the EAP snafu with my order I’m getting more concerned.

Just wish they wouldn’t keep me in the dark like this. Will my delivery be tomorrow? Friday? The weekend? 2 weeks from now? Who knows at this point…

how long did it take for everyone to get their delivery scheduled after receiving a VIN? Seems to me like you all are getting a notification from them to schedule delivery within 24-48 hours?

I texted them over the weekend and late Sunday they said the “car was still in production”.

Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and stay patient, but after the EAP snafu with my order I’m getting more concerned.

Just wish they wouldn’t keep me in the dark like this. Will my delivery be tomorrow? Friday? The weekend? 2 weeks from now? Who knows at this point…
When I ordered through “existing inventory”which had a VIN attached to the order already, I got a text from a SA in 2 days asking to schedule delivery. I would call your service adviser or local service center and ask because if you have a VIN already, it’s not still in production as far as I understand it

Now awaiting home delivery this afternoon...
Order date: 7/12/2022
Delivery: 9/26/2022
M3LR/White/black/19"/EAP
Los Angeles CA
My SA told me this was contactless delivery and I texted him back and said I wanted to thoroughly inspect the car, but he was resistant. He said the delivery person would leave as soon as it was dropped off. Wrong...I went out to greet the delivery man and he couldn't be friendlier and asked if I wanted a tour of the car and the screen menus. He spent about 25 minutes with me before his Uber arrived...this kid is a real asset to the company.

When you push the Vent button under controls in the app it will roll down all the windows a couple of inches to vent hot air. This is particularly useful here in AZ if you leave your car outside, like when you go shopping or such, and you come back to your car.
@guerro
Hmmmm, under controls I only have flash [lights], honk [horn], start and defrost car under an image of the car with open on the trunk and frunk??????

how long did it take for everyone to get their delivery scheduled after receiving a VIN
I believe that once the vehicle is loaded onto a truck, they'll schedule the delivery. For westbound vehicles, that happens pretty much immediately after the VIN is assigned. For eastbound vehicles, they have to be moved by rail first, then they go on trucks. The rail journey takes about a week. So if this theory holds - and you're part of the eastbound orders - then you should be scheduling your delivery in the next couple days.

The reason that it seems like everyone is getting delivery dates immediately is because almost all of the vehicles are westbound right now.
@guerro
Hmmmm, under controls I only have flash [lights], honk [horn], start and defrost car under an image of the car with open on the trunk and frunk??????
I think the app's functionality depends on the vehicle's software. What version is on yours? It is shown at the bottom of the app's main screen. Tesla is known to be running multiple versions of the vehicle software because people are unhappy that they have updated vehicle software that the FSD Beta doesn't support yet.

Reactions: jpaychek and ZZ118
@guerro
Under climate
C390DD05-2B8C-43F0-8419-ECF0907AF481.png
7DAB1B67-58F4-404F-892E-CDC1D89EC160.png

I believe that once the vehicle is loaded onto a truck, they'll schedule the delivery. For westbound vehicles, that happens pretty much immediately after the VIN is assigned. For eastbound vehicles, they have to be moved by rail first, then they go on trucks. The rail journey takes about a week. So if this theory holds - and you're part of the eastbound orders - then you should be scheduling your delivery in the next couple days.

The reason that it seems like everyone is getting delivery dates immediately is because almost all of the vehicles are westbound right now.

I think the app's functionality depends on the vehicle's software. What version is on yours? It is shown at the bottom of the app's main screen. Tesla is known to be running multiple versions of the vehicle software because people are unhappy that they have updated vehicle software that the FSD Beta doesn't support yet.
I’m in California, unfortunately, so though what you describe makes total sense and is probably generally true, I’m not sure what’s up with my order.

I did speak to a rep a little bit ago who confirmed that the car exists and is still in Fremont, but wasn’t able to give me any more accurate of a delivery timetable beyond the what the app shows.

Quite the exercise in patience!

Reactions: JB47394

Got my VIN on a Thursday night and received an email and text on Friday morning to schedule delivery. Southern CA, for what it’s worth

That appears to be a recent factory software load and is not any of the most common builds out there (mainly 2022.24.8 and 2022.28.2). I saw a couple guys on the Model Y forum with the same version number and they had incompatibilities in their apps as well. There are no release notes on that version and I can't begin to guess what Tesla is doing with all these variations of the car firmware. Just as a point of note, there are people waiting for FSD Beta but can't get it because FSD Beta is built off an older version of the firmware, so anyone who got the latest (those two versions above) is stuck for now.

As with all things Tesla customer support, they don't seem to have their act together, so you may want to create a service ticket to request an update to the latest firmware. Be sure to mention any problems you're having trying to use the app with your vehicle.

Reactions: guerro and Zane Liu
I purchased existing inventory after getting impatient with my order for a RWD. Decided to pull the trigger on an LR (same config as my RWD order) because I'll never regret getting the LR but feel I would eventually regret NOT getting it.

At 8am this morning I scheduled delivery for 2pm tomorrow. They called me at 5pm today and said "The car isn't actually getting here until tomorrow, we might have it by 2pm but we might have to push you back a day". I'm 5 hours away, so I told him he needs to call me by 10am tomorrow or just push it a day. Sucks man, why even let me schedule delivery for a car that won't even be there yet?

Also, they said I have to submit final payment and accept delivery before I can inspect the inside. That's insane that im spending 64,000 on a car and don't even get to see it until I pay for it when it's right in front of my eyes. Absolutely bizarre concept.

I purchased existing inventory after getting impatient with my order for a RWD. Decided to pull the trigger on an LR (same config as my RWD order) because I'll never regret getting the LR but feel I would eventually regret NOT getting it.

At 8am this morning I scheduled delivery for 2pm tomorrow. They called me at 5pm today and said "The car isn't actually getting here until tomorrow, we might have it by 2pm but we might have to push you back a day". I'm 5 hours away, so I told him he needs to call me by 10am tomorrow or just push it a day. Sucks man, why even let me schedule delivery for a car that won't even be there yet?

Also, they said I have to submit final payment and accept delivery before I can inspect the inside. That's insane that im spending 64,000 on a car and don't even get to see it until I pay for it when it's right in front of my eyes. Absolutely bizarre concept.
Don’t listen to that crap. You absolutely can inspect first. They are not going to go through the hassle of finding another buyer when you show up wanting to inspect first. Totally empty threat.