Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is definitely bizarre that the SR+ and P models are getting produced and not a peep about the LR except that sometime in Nov-Dec they will start production again. I'm wonder what is going to show up when they finally do. Hopefully the stalks are still there.
I ordered one of the LRs out of existing inventory about 2 weeks ago. EDD still showing 10/27-11/24, but I’m very doubtful on the start of that date range. Vin showed in the app instantly but yeah, not a peep other than that. Will update when I have a delivery appointment.

Is there any discussion on the RWD and Performance thread if anyone there with a 2023 model had Hardware 4.0 installed (I haven’t yet checked those threads myself, hence asking)!
I did searches in the SR and Performance threads for "4.0", "camera" and "hardware" and there's no information there.
That would be awesome if 4.0 was installed. I might actually upgrade to FSD if that was the case.
I'm hoping that they'll upgrade those of us who purchased FSD for cars on Hardware 3.0.

Reactions: SpeedBird23
I ordered one of the LRs out of existing inventory about 2 weeks ago. EDD still showing 10/27-11/24, but I’m very doubtful on the start of that date range. Vin showed in the app instantly but yeah, not a peep other than that. Will update when I have a delivery appointment.
Please do provide an update when you take delivery. I have a feeling you will beat me to it, even though I ordered way back in June.

Existing inventory cars are not built yet even though they are showing as inventory? I’m seeing more rumors that the 2023 cars will have HW4. I am still stuck on “Dec 2022 Delivery”
Update on my order (one of the "existing inventory" LRs):
Spoke to Tesla yesterday, and the customer support rep confirmed that even though I have a VIN, my car has likely not been built. He mentioned that support can normally see the battery charge level on a car once it has been assembled, but my VIN did not show a value for this field. He said no one in his office had really seen pre-produced cars sold, but guessed that I should expect something in late November even though my EDD is still showing 10/27-11/24. My best guess is that these were orders from earlier in the year that canceled due to interest rate spikes, a recession, and hopes of getting the 2023 tax credit.

I keep seeing more and more listings of these popping up in new cities on tesla-info.com - probably 50+ listings just yesterday and today. I'm thinking that could mean 1 of 2 things: 1) Either Tesla shot themselves in the foot by closing LR orders, a ton canceled, and now they don't have enough orders for the scale they planned to produce (although I think that would result in a price decrease). Or, 2) They are very confident in their ability to deliver these cars before EOY and plan to expand production beyond expectations. I cannot think of any other reason why they would add so many cars just 2 months after shutting down orders, with many waiting even since the spring.

With the USS removal/rumors over HW4, I think Tesla's motto should be "Some car. Some features. Some price. Some day. Maybe." I knew what I was getting into, but my heart bleeds for those who ordered in the spring and are still waiting for a car with less features and a much higher price tag if you're trading in or financing.

Update on my order (one of the "existing inventory" LRs):
Spoke to Tesla yesterday, and the customer support rep confirmed that even though I have a VIN, my car has likely not been built. He mentioned that support can normally see the battery charge level on a car once it has been assembled, but my VIN did not show a value for this field. He said no one in his office had really seen pre-produced cars sold, but guessed that I should expect something in late November even though my EDD is still showing 10/27-11/24. My best guess is that these were orders from earlier in the year that canceled due to interest rate spikes, a recession, and hopes of getting the 2023 tax credit.

I keep seeing more and more listings of these popping up in new cities on tesla-info.com - probably 50+ listings just yesterday and today. I'm thinking that could mean 1 of 2 things: 1) Either Tesla shot themselves in the foot by closing LR orders, a ton canceled, and now they don't have enough orders for the scale they planned to produce (although I think that would result in a price decrease). Or, 2) They are very confident in their ability to deliver these cars before EOY and plan to expand production beyond expectations. I cannot think of any other reason why they would add so many cars just 2 months after shutting down orders, with many waiting even since the spring.

With the USS removal/rumors over HW4, I think Tesla's motto should be "Some car. Some features. Some price. Some day. Maybe." I knew what I was getting into, but my heart bleeds for those who ordered in the spring and are still waiting for a car with less features and a much higher price tag if you're trading in or financing.
Model X and S Plaid owner here. I ordered one of these existing inventory LR 3's this week that are supposed to be delivered Nov-Dec. I also got a VIN immediately. So, I guess even though there is a VIN it hasn't been built yet and I guess Tesla will start production on LR again in November? Weird but I guess they are trying to meet sales figures for end of the year/quarter which is why they wanted me to agree to take delivery before Dec 31.

Model X and S Plaid owner here. I ordered one of these existing inventory LR 3's this week that are supposed to be delivered Nov-Dec. I also got a VIN immediately. So, I guess even though there is a VIN it hasn't been built yet and I guess Tesla will start production on LR again in November? Weird but I guess they are trying to meet sales figures for end of the year/quarter which is why they wanted me to agree to take delivery before Dec 31.
I got a similar explanation (and same EDD) from the Dublin, CA show room as foot. Received the VIN the next day. They pretty much said they've never seen "pre-production" vehicles in existing inventory and that it's most likely from cancelled orders. They seemed fairly certain that the LR would be available for delivery by mid-December. We'll see.

I got a similar explanation (and same EDD) from the Dublin, CA show room as foot. Received the VIN the next day. They pretty much said they've never seen "pre-production" vehicles in existing inventory and that it's most likely from cancelled orders. They seemed fairly certain that the LR would be available for delivery by mid-December. We'll see.
Any indication if there are any other changes to the 2023 model apart from the removal of the USS?

Any indication if there are any other changes to the 2023 model apart from the removal of the USS?
Newer side cameras (the ones by the fenders)
1666913483196.png1666913502694.png1666913511499.png1666913518558.png

Last edited:
When looking for rumors about 2023 changes, I found this at MotorTrend's web site.

"2023 Tesla Model 3: What’s New​

Changes to Tesla's entry-level sedan occur under the skin, but they should deliver tangible outcomes. The Model 3 is switching from Intel Atom to AMD Ryzen processing chips, with the aim of improving responses from its infotainment touchscreen and other digital interfaces. There's also a slim chance that Tesla will install its controversial yoke steering apparatus in the Model 3 at some point, as it did in the Model S and Model X last year."

Automotive journalism at its finest.

I read somewhere 2023s will have upgraded suspension.

I have no idea what changes were implemented. Perhaps some kind of tuning. The Model Y is getting slightly extended rear seats and a modified emergency rear door release, and it's expected that this will carry over to the Model 3 at some point.

I did searches in the SR and Performance threads for "4.0", "camera" and "hardware" and there's no information there.

I'm hoping that they'll upgrade those of us who purchased FSD for cars on Hardware 3.0.
I took a look at my Sept build 2022 LR and it looks like it may have the new camera based on some images I saw from another site?

See my earlier posts — I have a 2023 M3 LR on order from existing inventory. Order date 10/11, original EDD 10/27-11/24. Today, my EDD saw the first update, now a bit of a shorter window. New EDD 10/31-11/23.
My M3LR EDD also moved a bit this morning. Order date was 10/7. Original EDD was 10/27-11/24. New EDD 10/30-11/22. I guess it's a good sign.