Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you guys post the lead three digits of your VIN serial number? It's always fun to try to pick up on patterns. The serial number is the last six digits of the VIN, but typically reported here as 398xxx so you keep the actual number private.
317xxx

Probably not relevant BUT we did get the winning numbers to the $1 Billion + Powerball for tonight’s drawing!

Happy Halloween 🎃

• Funny
Reactions: cmy4x4
Hey

To all you waiting still wish you the best of luck.

Just wanted to let everyone know about a quick something. I've been using the tesla chip repair paint kit here and there but the other day I dropped the blending solution. Found this site chipex and they sell the solution for 5$ a bottle and new brushes etc for very cheap. Just used the new solution and it works better then the one tesla sells. I'd still recommend buying the paint for tesla but if you need refills on anything else that site is the place to be

Typically if you have the VIN, doesnt that mean the car is built? Or close to finished? Or is it not a good representation of where it is in production?
Typically yes that means you will get the car soon. However Tesla seems to be reverting to their old way of doing things with "inventory" purchases. That is they give you the vin but the car is not ready yet

How long ago did they use the "inventory" approach to ordering?
I don't think it was the inventory approach. However if you go back in these archives to the start you'll see that people there were getting VINs shortly after placing an order but the car still wasn't made/delivered for a few weeks.

We're talking like 4+ years ago

Edit I realize my first post was misleading. For clarity I mean Tesla used to give VINs before the car was made they haven't done an inventory like system until recently

Reactions: JB47394