Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh getting excited. Tesla just called to tell me the car is going through final quality control. I have the matrix headlights; no USS sensors; and 3 miles on the odometer.
YAY! FINALLY! You will be happy! Congrats....and spend a day/night with a beer or two just sitting in your new car getting used to it!

You MIGHT not get the most current software (this happened to us and I believe most folks) but take the time to go through it all! When you get the updates when they come be certain to look at the differences.

😀

YAY! FINALLY! You will be happy! Congrats....and spend a day/night with a beer or two just sitting in your new car getting used to it!

You MIGHT not get the most current software (this happened to us and I believe most folks) but take the time to go through it all! When you get the updates when they come be certain to look at the differences.

😀
Thank you so much. Appreciate the kind words. I don’t drink beer, but will do so tomorrow per your suggestion 🤣

I have never purchased a new car before; have driven beaten up cars all my life (am in my late 30s), my current car is approaching 300,000 miles and is barely roadworthy, so a new car is welcome change. Have only once driven a Tesla RWD before on a 20 minute test drive, so the AWD should be an awesome experience.

Reactions: UtahRider
Thank you so much. Appreciate the kind words. I don’t drink beer, but will do so tomorrow per your suggestion 🤣

I have never purchased a new car before; have driven beaten up cars all my life (am in my late 30s), my current car is approaching 300,000 miles and is barely roadworthy, so a new car is welcome change. Have only once driven a Tesla RWD before on a 20 minute test drive, so the AWD should be an awesome experience.

Get Ready! You will LOVE IT!

Our 2005.5 Jetta TDI died this year (210,000 miles plus) and we elected to go with a new vehicle for my wife. Aside from the tech differences it has been AMAZING!

You will Love it!

Ahh getting excited. Tesla just called to tell me the car is going through final quality control. I have the matrix headlights; no USS sensors; and 3 miles on the odometer.
Delivery (was originally today) now is pushed out to tomorrow; wonder why? Luckily I checked the App (don’t know why I still continue to open the App 100 times a day even at this stage - I guess it has become a habit and I want to be sure the VIN still remains. 🤣 I did not get an email/SMS from Tesla confirming date change so luckily I checked the App. So the wait continues …

Delivery (was originally today) now is pushed out to tomorrow; wonder why? Luckily I checked the App (don’t know why I still continue to open the App 100 times a day even at this stage - I guess it has become a habit and I want to be sure the VIN still remains. 🤣 I did not get an email/SMS from Tesla confirming date change so luckily I checked the App. So the wait continues …
Hope it’s not far for you. My delivery center would be 5 hrs away so it would suck if they change it last minute

I have very good credit and my credit union with which I had great decent rate to refinance and payoff my student loan FirstTechCU offers rate as “low” as 5.8% after soft check of my credit which is worse what Tesla offers at 5%.

I thought about Tower Credit Union and donated to their charity to become member but I haven’t yet received confirmation.

I plan to double downpayment to at least $10k to lower their monthly rate after including CA taxes. I can only get up to $5000 in Carvana from my old car. Tesla offered $3800 and in revaluation $3600.

I thought about cancelling and waiting till next year when it becomes eligible for $3700 EV credit but if rates keep going up next year then I think it’s useless strategy.

Question:
1. If I want car should I pick up anyway before next year or wait if interest rise slows down?
2. Any recommendation over Tower Credit Union?

Hope it’s not far for you. My delivery center would be 5 hrs away so it would suck if they change it last minute
Hi there. I’m about a 25 minute drive away, so not that bad. I had made several arrangements today anticipating delivery and am now scrambling to make adjustments. Not a big deal, but I wish I was informed earlier by SMS when Tesla automatically made this change. Luckily I caught it on the App late last night. Hopefully tomorrows delivery now sticks.

HANG in there! Perhaps there was a delay due to any myriad of issues......It happens.

When you get your car, PLEASE, post up your thoughts! Again so happy you are getting it now! (well in a day or two) ;)

Reactions: SpeedBird23
CONGRATS!!!!! If I recall, we didn't get an automated text. Our local Tesla folks sent us both a direct message, via text, and asked us when we would like to take delivery. They were great and allowed us to delay the acceptance date as both of us were working and needed to BOTH be there for the delivery.

As far as when it arrives....that is a good question! We did NOT get a "birthday" on our car NOR did we get any inclination that it left the factory. Granted this was back in August but perhaps things have changed a bit.

My suggestion is to talk to the folks that will get the car and ask them when they think it will arrive.

Hi there. I’m about a 25 minute drive away, so not that bad. I had made several arrangements today anticipating delivery and am now scrambling to make adjustments. Not a big deal, but I wish I was informed earlier by SMS when Tesla automatically made this change. Luckily I caught it on the App late last night. Hopefully tomorrows delivery now sticks.
Yeah I was going to say I would be upset at that. Some people can’t shift work around last minute like that.

I have very good credit and my credit union with which I had great decent rate to refinance and payoff my student loan FirstTechCU offers rate as “low” as 5.8% after soft check of my credit which is worse what Tesla offers at 5%.

I thought about Tower Credit Union and donated to their charity to become member but I haven’t yet received confirmation.

I plan to double downpayment to at least $10k to lower their monthly rate after including CA taxes. I can only get up to $5000 in Carvana from my old car. Tesla offered $3800 and in revaluation $3600.

I thought about cancelling and waiting till next year when it becomes eligible for $3700 EV credit but if rates keep going up next year then I think it’s useless strategy.

Question:
1. If I want car should I pick up anyway before next year or wait if interest rise slows down?
2. Any recommendation over Tower Credit Union?
Are you in the Bay Area? I went with Star One Credit Union and they have been amazing. Have consistently had low rates and allow for a 90 day rate hold.

Reactions: Rick3287
The Federal Reserve is still putting in 0.75% hikes, and their language has only softened slightly. You may be right about financing versus any sort of tax credit, but remember that the price of a Model 3 has to make it under $55,000 to qualify, so the prices have to come down - on some version of the Long Range. How they'll do that is anyone's guess, but dropping the ultrasound sensors is a step in that direction.
Does anyone from that text till when i will actually get the car?
Historically, Floridians take delivery 2-3 weeks after receiving a VIN. And, historically, a VIN was assigned at essentially the same time the vehicle was assembled.

The Federal Reserve is still putting in 0.75% hikes, and their language has only softened slightly. You may be right about financing versus any sort of tax credit, but remember that the price of a Model 3 has to make it under $55,000 to qualify, so the prices have to come down - on some version of the Long Range. How they'll do that is anyone's guess, but dropping the ultrasound sensors is a step in that direction.

Historically, Floridians take delivery 2-3 weeks after receiving a VIN. And, historically, a VIN was assigned at essentially the same time the vehicle was assembled.
Thank you ! I got VIN the same day i placed the order, as i purchased the Model 3 LR from existing inventory. I placed the order last week.