Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure where you're getting your used car values, but right now the value of used Tesla's is down, just like the stock. Try seeing how much someone is willing to pay you for your car, and not what other people are hoping to get on ones they're trying to sell.
If you ordered an M3LR today, it would be $7000 more than what I paid, OH but wait, you can't order one today, only search from existing inventory. That $7000 is almost what the tax credit is, HMMMM. Plus I got all the goodies that Elon has taken away in 2022. I'd say I'm miles ahead.

Reactions: Andrometer4
If you ordered an M3LR today, it would be $7000 more than what I paid, OH but wait, you can't order one today, only search from existing inventory. That $7000 is almost what the tax credit is, HMMMM. Plus I got all the goodies that Elon has taken away in 2022. I'd say I'm miles ahead.
You may think you're miles ahead. Try going to Carvana, Vroom, CarMax, or any auto dealer and see what they would buy it for. You will be unpleasantly surprised. Ask me how I know. :)

Well, I bought a week before the discounts started so no USS and highest price. On the other hand, I still got a decent price when I sold my existing 3, which I doubt I would get now. I'm also very happy with the build quality of the new 3. Fingers crossed Tesla gets the camera-based proximity features running soon.

The only upside of buying when I did is that I got in right before the removal of USS. Is USS worth $7500 and 10k miles of free supercharging? No, definitely not.
If the car had come with an $8,000 option to add ultrasonic sensors, I would not have considered purchasing it for even a moment. Nor would I have purchased the high end sound system or the insane acceleration. I would have purchased improved ride comfort and reduced interior noise.
Fingers crossed Tesla gets the camera-based proximity features running soon.
And stops clowning around with Twitter software.

Reactions: jpaychek
Just found this forum and I must say... having ordered the M3 LR (Grey + 18" wheels + EAP) back in August 2022... the waiting hurts :D
Considering the estimate for the area around Austria hasn't changed since August (still Q1-2023) I wonder if that is still accurate or do you guys think I have a really long wait ahead of me?

Just found this forum and I must say... having ordered the M3 LR (Grey + 18" wheels + EAP) back in August 2022... the waiting hurts :D
Considering the estimate for the area around Austria hasn't changed since August (still Q1-2023) I wonder if that is still accurate or do you guys think I have a really long wait ahead of me?
Orders with EAP were screwed up. Remove EAP and you should see a VIN in a few days. If you still want EAP, you can add it after you take delivery.

You have the patience of a saint.

Edit: I skipped over your location. You may not see a VIN right away, but your order is very probably lost in the system as a result of ordering EAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZZ118
Orders with EAP were screwed up. Remove EAP and you should see a VIN in a few days. If you still want EAP, you can add it after you take delivery.

You have the patience of a saint.

Edit: I skipped over your location. You may not see a VIN right away, but your order is very probably lost in the system as a result of ordering EAP.
Well... uhm... *sugar*? Thanks for the info, will look into this :)

Reactions: JB47394
Tesla has reduced Model Y and Model 3 prices DRASTICALLY tonight.
Now several models will qualify for the $7,500 tax incentive until at least March.

1673593376873.png

Resale values will be OBLITERATED as a result of this price drop.

Last edited:
Now several models will qualify for the $7,500 tax incentive until at least March.

Resale values will be OBLITERATED as a result of this price drop.

The "existing inventory" Long Range vehicles are now $50,000 - $52,500. The world of EVs remains a wild west.

And I wonder if "until March 2023" means "February 28" or "March 31".
So a Model YLR will be close to $45k with the tax incentive? I paid $15k more for a 3LR in Nov. This is depressing.

Any idea why this is only until March? What happens in March?
I think I found the answer myself, in March the battery sourcing requirements go into effect so most likely Tesla models won't fully qualify, is that it?

Based on that, this means for now, until March, even the standard range Model 3 with LFP battery qualifies for the $7500 rebate? If so, that's huge, you can get it for $36k??

• Informative
Reactions: myt-e-s-l-a