Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR not currently available to order (USA) [posted 08.12.2022 --Its back! 05.02.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing folks in other online communities using the new 333 mile range as proof it won't be Highland. Did I miss something? It doesn't indicate anything to me one way or the other, except what we already knew, which is that the battery pack is made elsewhere.
The M3 LR and the SR that are now sold in Canada are all MIC (Made In China). The Tesla rep I talked to last week told me this. The same goes for the MY SR and LR. And BTW, the MIC LR have a 75 kWh battery vs the 82 kWh for the LR made in Fremont factory.

Reactions: jsight
The M3 LR and the SR that are now sold in Canada are all MIC (Made In China). The Tesla rep I talked to last week told me this. The same goes for the MY SR and LR. And BTW, the MIC LR have a 75 kWh battery vs the 82 kWh for the LR made in Fremont factory.
Right. But does the battery info give us any indication that the Fremont M3LR will or won't be the refreshed model? I don't get where some folks are thinking 333 mile range = no Highland.

Reactions: King David
Right. But does the battery info give us any indication that the Fremont M3LR will or won't be the refreshed model? I don't get where some folks are thinking 333 mile range = no Highland.
There is nothing to say it will be or it will not be a Highland. But at the same time, the short delivery time suggests that it's more likely they will not be the Highland trim. At least not those that will be delivered in June. I think that if they were, Tesla would have made the modification on their site. And btw, I am waiting for a LR 2023 in June.

P.S. I am not sure how I feel about no more drive stalks, if it is true.

But at the same time, the short delivery time suggests that it's more likely they will not be the Highland trim.
Bahaha! Short. Considering they stopped officially accepting LR orders for about 8 months, and stopped producing them altogether for the last 4 months, it doesn't seem short to me at all. I didn't follow Tesla very closely when the S and X models were refreshed, but from what I've heard from others, the facelifts were denied until the updated cars were being delivered to customers. At the same time, and to your point, it is logical to say that the more time passes, the higher the likelihood of the refresh.

Lack of stalks isn't a selling point for me either, but I think we'll adapt just fine.

I mean about three weeks ago Tesla Canada allowed orders for the LR. Last week I changed my SR RWD order for a LR and they told me they will receive them in Laval around 15th of June. That’s pretty much short in my book.
I think you're comparing apples to oranges here. The LR you're getting was already going to be on the boat regardless of you reserving it. The US availability/sale/production of M3LRs is entirely different from Canada's M3LRs coming from Shanghai. If the vehicles came from the same factory, we'd be able to compare notes. Not that it isn't possible for the refresh to come from the Chinese factory first, but the majority of the rumors have centered on Fremont.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here. The LR you're getting was already going to be on the boat regardless of you reserving it. The US availability/sale/production of M3LRs is entirely different from Canada's M3LRs coming from Shanghai. If the vehicles came from the same factory, we'd be able to compare notes. Not that it isn't possible for the refresh to come from the Chinese factory first, but the majority of the rumors have centered on Fremont.
Definitely maybe. Because if it’s true, then why would you not get the full $ 7500 tax relief on them if produced in Fremont ? It doesn’t make sens to me. I don’t know much about Tesla, but since Shanghai mega-factory is up and running, I don’t remember them sending batteries only to Fremont. They always produced theirs while for Fremont was Panasonic's deal.
Either way, I am glad the LR was available before I could take delivery of my RWD, no matter whichever "serie".

Definitely maybe. Because if it’s true, then why would you not get the full $ 7500 tax relief on them if produced in Fremont ? It doesn’t make sens to me. I don’t know much about Tesla, but since Shanghai mega-factory is up and running, I don’t remember them sending batteries only to Fremont. They always produced theirs while for Fremont was Panasonic's deal.
Either way, I am glad the LR was available before I could take delivery of my RWD, no matter whichever "serie".
Car will be made in Fremont (for US market). The battery or major parts of the battery will be made elsewhere. Same reason why the Model 3 RWD with LFP only qualifies for 3750.

Interesting, I wonder how that person from the other thread has one solid date. 🤔
It's definitely confusing. Once I saw the order date, my first thought is it fit in with maybe a P order to delivery timeline. I know that delivery time is partially impacted by what part of the country you live in--maybe they're in a sweet spot that gets deliveries first?