Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it turns out they didn't hit a home run with the organization of the screen elements the UI can and will be improved over time. That is the beauty of over the air updates.
Sure, but if Tesla doesn't nail it right out of the blocks, that will dissuade many buyers. You can't backtrack and say, "But wait! It'll be better soon, we promise!" when Tesla loses a sail because of poor initial implementation.

• Funny
Reactions: ikjadoon and ilg
What's a nice interior on a $35k car?
Why, rich corinthian leather of course:
the-real-khan-rich-corinthian-leather-my-one-weakness.jpg

I am concerned about the vents. Will they be adjustable? Can you raise, lower them? Is it just one big vent all the way across so passengers don't have their own controls? I am pretty short, and I have VERY dry eyes. I cannot handle the vents in any car directing air into my face. I adjust them all the time as I get hot/cold. I'm not thrilled with the dash at all. But, I'm sure I can get used to it. The air hitting me in the face is not something I could get used to. Would hate to think I could never wear contacts if I want to drive my car.
Do you adjust the vents in a taxi? No, they're in the front seat and off limits to passengers. We decided to further reduce cost by making them non-adjustable since you won't care about adjusting them anyway.

This is awful. You're justifying a sub-par interior of an expensive car simply because potential buyers haven't owned an expensive car and therefore have no clue what to expect? Do you think people willing to shell out $35k are really so naive?

What about the supposed competition for Model 3? Those people are familiar with the luxury level of a $35k vehicle. Is Model 3 only supposed to snatch up business of mid-level Toyota and Honda buyers? This right here is a huge problem, because while I'm sure many people who own those types of cars just care about getting from point A to point B, something tells me that many more own those brands because they can't afford anything more expensive. If your business model is banking on upselling people who buy budget cars, you're in for a bad time.
Personally I think the interior of a BMW 3 series (2015 I think is what I recently rode in) is not very nice. I MUCH prefer what we've seen so far from the Model 3.

Also, I've never bought a $35k car and never would until now.

I've said this before... initially when I first saw the interior I was like WTF was that....

But now I'm in total love with it. It's awesome.

Silver-Tesla-Model-3-interior-cupholder-touchscreen.jpg

I'm sorry - but that's freaking badass and unlike anything else on the road... IN A GOOD WAY.

Totally agree. Tesla isn't tied down by the decades of tradition present at ICE manufacturers with their endless arrays of buttons and tiny displays that they think signal luxury.

I liked it better too. The new one seems like a compromise intended to please people that didn't like the duck face. The old one was clearly what the designer intended. If you try and tweak the original design the lines don't flow as well. I think the same thing happened to the back of the car to accommodate the people whining about the trunk opening.
I agree. The new nose looks "soft". Definitely a compromise. Almost like it's unsure what it wants to do. The alpha was bold and while it had its design issues, it was firm in its design.

The new nose is like when you finish a painting and then come back to it later to try to change something and just end up making it look worse. One of the most valuable skills an artist can have is knowing when to stop. The new nose is amateurish in design and restraint. Tesla is certainly showing its age with this move.

Wow. I thought the alphas were too tall, but that spy shot makes the thing look top heavy. WAYYY too tall and narrow. It looks dorky and like it's about to fall over. Far from the lean, mean, sleek machine the Model S is. Are we sure this isn't Model Y? Maybe Tesla will come out with an actual affordable sedan in a few years?
If only there were some kind of really heavy thing mounted low on the Model 3 to make it not be so top heavy. :rolleyes:

Wow. I thought the alphas were too tall, but that spy shot makes the thing look top heavy. WAYYY too tall and narrow. It looks dorky and like it's about to fall over. Far from the lean, mean, sleek machine the Model S is. Are we sure this isn't Model Y? Maybe Tesla will come out with an actual affordable sedan in a few years?

Is this the Bolt thread? I think I must be in the wrong thread.

This is awful. You're justifying a sub-par interior of an expensive car simply because potential buyers haven't owned an expensive car and therefore have no clue what to expect? Do you think people willing to shell out $35k are really so naive?

What about the supposed competition for Model 3? Those people are familiar with the luxury level of a $35k vehicle. Is Model 3 only supposed to snatch up business of mid-level Toyota and Honda buyers? This right here is a huge problem, because while I'm sure many people who own those types of cars just care about getting from point A to point B, something tells me that many more own those brands because they can't afford anything more expensive. If your business model is banking on upselling people who buy budget cars, you're in for a bad time.
I totally disagree. I'm convinced the reason the Model S is doing so well is that people who couldn't / wouldn't buy a car that expensive are stretching to buy the Model S because it's a great car, certainly not for the interior.
The S draws from a much larger base than other cars in it's class because of this reason.

Similarly the 3 will do the same. It'll get people who were previous "in the segment" buyers who would have gone for a BMW 3 series or the like, in addition to people who will "stretch" from the Camry, Accord, Etc. market. The Camry and Accord market segment is HUGE and Tesla will be able to draw people to it and tap into a massive customer base.

I'm one of those people. I've never paid more than $12,000 for a car, never bought new, despite being able to afford a new Model S P100D if I choose. Car's have always been a "bad investment" for me, so I didn't spend much on them. Tesla is upselling to people like me, and they are going to do it in droves.

-Jim

Personally I think the interior of a BMW 3 series (2015 I think is what I recently rode in) is not very nice. I MUCH prefer what we've seen so far from the Model 3.

Totally with you on this, I hired a BMW M5 when I was in germany and while the quality of the finish was outstanding, I didn't find the user experience to be nice at all. Sure, I could get used to it, but there were buttons and dials and touchpads and knobs EVERYWHERE. About 2 weeks later I drove a P85+ and the interior while not as high quality was so much more of a pleasant and intuitive experience.

Obviously, I'm not talking about driving experience, just instruments.

Reactions: e-FTW and melindav
Status
Not open for further replies.