Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that is sexy as shhhheeet. Prius my ass.

plbxx4u-jpg.225201
The split 5 spoke wheel works great with the other elements of the car. I hope that is the stock/base wheel. I am good with that exact car.

the second pix is a great example of what a cell phone pix can do when attempting to stitch together photos - there's a 3"-4" jump in alignments that mess with the overall proportions.
View attachment 225037

and I've never liked white, but totally would consider the Pearl White!
Yeah, looks like HDR photography artifact. Not a good idea for moving subjects.

I've said this before... initially when I first saw the interior I was like WTF was that....

But now I'm in total love with it. It's awesome.

Silver-Tesla-Model-3-interior-cupholder-touchscreen.jpg

I'm sorry - but that's freaking badass and unlike anything else on the road... IN A GOOD WAY.

Exactly! I feel the same way. This is just taking the Model S design concept to the next level. Simplicity is beauty.

It's going to be a close call if they offer that brushed silver, but I think I'll go with white, with black wheels and blacked out chrome.
xYjKU0a.jpg

Not my favourite angle for the car but still loving it. Stamping of the rear quarter especially around the forward section of the rear wheel-arch looks a bit suspect, but maybe that's a camera articfact.

Notice the rough-cut sticker over the rear quarter glass? I wonder what that could possibly be hiding... ;)

More white Model 3 shots from another 280 sighting • r/teslamotors

k0DtC9i.jpg

5p038fZ.jpg

plBxx4U.jpg

P.S.
Interesting picture of prototype from comments at Electrek, might be interesting for people with kids.
b96161ff8b5d105c6701dfb35fe242d3be9d08730159a31a1b0afab21276fcd2.png

Yep, 2mm thicker door handles on the white, versus the original silver. If I had any more money to invest in Tesla, this would be the time. But I don't.

The better touch points will help Net Promoter scores. That change, right there, was worth 100 million a year in contribution dollars.

Another good design decision.

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
Exactly! I feel the same way. This is just taking the Model S design concept to the next level. Simplicity is beauty.

I've warmed up to the idea of a minimalist dash although I think it will take a very very long time to convince my friends that it is not just a tablet hanging on a dash mount bought on ebay :)

Much more worrying however is the thought that Tesla don't (won't) bother about the panel vibrating.

Fundamental theories of vibration will tell you no matter how rigidly it is fixed, a floating panel will vibrate considerably more with a greater tendency to resonate than one secured from all sides.

Reactions: Big-T
What is different about the rear? Can someone provide clear, indisputable examples?

Unlike the nose which most by now agree has changed, I don't think we are certain of any changes in the rear. I think I'm seeing some in the rear bumper/diffuser area at times, and subtle changes in the trunk opening have been speculated, but it is also possible nothing has changed in the rear.

The nose has definitely changed, though.

Model 3's design just seems like it's asking for trouble.

This is awful. You're justifying a sub-par interior of an expensive car simply because potential buyers haven't owned an expensive car and therefore have no clue what to expect?

What about the supposed competition for Model 3? Those people are familiar with the luxury level of a $35k vehicle. Is Model 3 only supposed to snatch up business of mid-level Toyota and Honda buyers? This right here is a huge problem, because while I'm sure many people who own those types of cars just care about getting from point A to point B, something tells me that many more own those brands because they can't afford anything more expensive. If your business model is banking on upselling people who buy budget cars, you're in for a bad time.

Wow. I thought the alphas were too tall, but that spy shot makes the thing look top heavy. WAYYY too tall and narrow. It looks dorky and like it's about to fall over. Far from the lean, mean, sleek machine the Model S is. Are we sure this isn't Model Y? Maybe Tesla will come out with an actual affordable sedan in a few years?

Sure, but if Tesla doesn't nail it right out of the blocks, that will dissuade many buyers. You can't backtrack and say, "But wait! It'll be better soon, we promise!" when Tesla loses a sail because of poor initial implementation.

Do you adjust the vents in a taxi? No, they're in the front seat and off limits to passengers. We decided to further reduce cost by making them non-adjustable since you won't care about adjusting them anyway.

Uh.

That's what it looks like from the side? Yikes.

I agree. The new nose looks "soft". Definitely a compromise. Almost like it's unsure what it wants to do. The alpha was bold and while it had its design issues, it was firm in its design.

The new nose is like when you finish a painting and then come back to it later to try to change something and just end up making it look worse. One of the most valuable skills an artist can have is knowing when to stop. The new nose is amateurish in design and restraint. Tesla is certainly showing its age with this move.

Not everyone has to say nice things about the car all the time. But it sure seems like you have absolutely nothing nice to say, which is fine, but is does beg the question, "Why do you even bother coming here if all you're going to do is complain about how much you don't like the car?"

Really, if you hate it that much then you need to let it go. The vast majority of what you're complaining about is purely subjective and there are plenty of others who really like the exact things you keep going on about. You don't like it, we get that, but you don't need to keep letting us know, at every opportunity, how much you don't like it.

I've warmed up to the idea of a minimalist dash although I think it will take a very very long time to convince my friends that it is not just a tablet hanging on a dash mount bought on ebay :)

I like the minimalist dash, i prefer it over the Model S/X if i have to be honest. Much better then going in the other direction. How about this one f.e :) (MG E-Motion)

az8x1821_0.jpg

Not everyone has to say nice things about the car all the time. But it sure seems like you have absolutely nothing nice to say, which is fine, but is does beg the question, "Why do you even bother coming here if all you're going to do is complain about how much you don't like the car?"

Really, if you hate it that much then you need to let it go. The vast majority of what you're complaining about is purely subjective and there are plenty of others who really like the exact things you keep going on about. You don't like it, we get that, but you don't need to keep letting us know, at every opportunity, how much you don't like it.

I for one like that he does. It helps keep things balanced. Forums such as these usually have far more positive voices than negative voices on future products anyway. Some critical posters helps even out the conversation - @eisbock does it in a polite manner and that's good.

If you go back the history of @eisbock, his is clearly a reflection of disappointment in the evolution of Model 3, yet it started out completely differently - while his writing style has remained consistently the same (e.g. Model 3 Unveiling - March 31st!). He may write a little from the negative starting points, but not in any way consistently against Model 3, that's simply his tone/style. And those opinions are subjective but still just as useful data points when discussing buyer sentiment and changes thereof as the positive ones are...

If it bugs you that some are not thrilled about what they see on Model 3, the more they see it, then perhaps that tells something about Model 3 as well.

Besides, asking someone to "let go" of Model 3 two months prior to reveal seems like bad advice to me. A lot of us are on the sidelines, sure starting make up our minds, but still waiting sensibly to see what the end-result is before deciding for good.

You can make the interior simple or minimalist without cheaping out. Look at the new XC60 -- only a handful of buttons. Tell me that doesn't look 100x more polished than the straight lines that the model 3 has EVERYWHERE. It just looks like Tesla ran out of budget half way through designing the car.

Volvo-XC60-interior.jpg

I've said this before... initially when I first saw the interior I was like WTF was that....

But now I'm in total love with it. It's awesome.

Silver-Tesla-Model-3-interior-cupholder-touchscreen.jpg

I'm sorry - but that's freaking badass and unlike anything else on the road... IN A GOOD WAY.

This photo shows something I had not seen before (but perhaps has already been commented on somewhere in the more than 2,000 posts in this thread): in the front bumper directly in front of the headlight is a small round cutout. What is that? Removable piece for the tow eye bolt? No matter what it is, this white 3 looks fantastic!

Reactions: cdub
This photo shows something I had not seen before (but perhaps has already been commented on somewhere in the more than 2,000 posts in this thread): in the front bumper directly in front of the headlight is a small round cutout. What is that? Removable piece for the tow eye bolt? No matter what it is, this white 3 looks fantastic!

I would assume exactly that. Certainly on many other cars it looks like that.

It is too low and one-sided (?) to be a headlight washer...

You can make the interior simple or minimalist without cheaping out. Look at the new XC60 -- only a handful of buttons. Tell me that doesn't look 100x more polished than the straight lines that the model 3 has EVERYWHERE.

Okay, I'll say it. That interior is definitely NOT 100x more polished than Model 3. It is, however, at least 100x busier than Model 3's interior and I think that is much to the detriment of the XC60.

<snark on>
It looks like they got finished designing the dash, then said, "Wait a minute. We've still got lots of bells, whistles, buttons, and dials leftover." Then, they went back and crammed it all in, wherever it would fit. They even added what looks like a centrally located, dash-mounted tweeter that you get to stare at the whole time you're driving. Now that's brilliance, that is!
<snark off>

Okay, I'll say it. That interior is definitely NOT 100x more polished than Model 3. It is, however, at least 100x busier than Model 3's interior and I think that is much to the detriment of the XC60.

<snark on>
It looks like they got finished designing the dash, then said, "Wait a minute. We've still got lots of bells, whistles, buttons, and dials leftover." Then, they went back and crammed it all in, wherever it would fit. They even added what looks like a centrally located, dash-mounted tweeter that you get to stare at the whole time you're driving. Now that's brilliance, that is!
<snark off>
agree - but would add to me it's overall theme seems just "ordinary". The only thing that jumps out as unique are the vertical oversized air vents (but not in a good way) and the weird tweeter you pointed out.

You can make the interior simple or minimalist without cheaping out. Look at the new XC60 -- only a handful of buttons. Tell me that doesn't look 100x more polished than the straight lines that the model 3 has EVERYWHERE. It just looks like Tesla ran out of budget half way through designing the car.

Volvo-XC60-interior.jpg

Well there's always something for somebody right? Because personally... that interior to me is very unappealing to say the least. Air vents are huge - there's a strange circle thing on the dash.. screen is TINY. :)

agree to disagree then. To me, the only thing in the interior of the M3 that looks like they spent ANY amount of time on is the seats. there is zero detail in the rest of the interior. You can convince yourself it is simplistic or minimalistic. I call it not trying.

<snark on>
<snark off>

Status
Not open for further replies.