Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same pics up at Inside EVs. Blue.
tesla-model-3-spy-photos-1.jpg

Tesla Model 3 "Release Candidate" Caught In High-Res

I still think this car would look gorgeous in British Racing Green.

I still don't see anything special or "spaceship-like" about the steering wheel.

In this photo you can see the split in the taillight, indicating the trunk opens up deeper down than the original.

I still don't see anything special or "spaceship-like" about the steering wheel.

can't make out much of the steering wheel in these shots. but now we know there are at least 2 PC mules in the area....something will leak, soon.

Reactions: AssortedBread
Agree

The steering column is exposed, all spaceships are like that. ;)

In this photo you can see the split in the taillight, indicating the trunk opens up deeper down than the original.
I believe that's just for the charge port and that the trunk is the same.

As noted elsewhere, the split is just the charge port. It was there in the concept too. The only difference is now both sides have the same split (probably for symmetry). If you look at the taillights, it still has the same split going through the middle, which suggests the trunk is still the same.

I would say that in these photos the c-pillar "camera" (or sensor/illuminator) isn't really visible. While the b-pillar one is very obvious.

Reactions: Zaphod and MP3Mike
Spy shots of the production candidate spotted in Los Altos Hills recently:

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-ful...ource=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Thank you, thank you.
The "nose" emerges...not bad and the rest of the exterior appears to be quite slick/sophisticated. The interior has to be felt, not just seen, so we will have to wait and see (feel). I'm beginning to think we are all participating in some secret alien psychological test survey to determine the endurance limits of human curiosity.

Am I missing it or do the newer shots of the black and the blue M3 RC not have the extra "sensor" on the C pillar?
Same observation as me. I zoomed into the pictures and it's invisible in these (at least to the naked eye). The B-pillar cameras are very obvious though. I'm wondering if this black car is still the same as the one in the other spy shots (edit, license plate is the same).

Last edited:
I recall back I 2012 when I was one of many reservation holders eagerly waiting for the S and we had similar threads. My recollection is that the spy photos always looked disappointing, proportionally weird, sometimes plain and bland. And everyone commented on the nose. Then when you could see it in the flesh... you saw that they really got it right. A classic. Still looks great 4 years later. Expecting the same.

So I think the Model 3 PC has become less angular and more rounded as evidenced by this nose comparison. Notice the angular crease line just below the front headlights on the lower pics and the one on the right. The PC pic in the upper left no longer has this angular crease line. Man, I really hope some aftermarket folks bring back the old alpha front end. Looks so much nicer / more premium.
Tesla Model 3 - Nose JPG.jpg

Tesla Model 3 - Nose JPG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.