Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are quite curious. I get the feeling they're reflections of the device plugged in below the screen, shown in your second photo here:

m3int2-jpg.221502

That device is likely related to release candidate testing, as it looks industrial and not part of the vehicle.

edit: or, more likely, what @jelloslug said above. :)

Looks like a combination. The industrial-looking appliance down underneath the display, and a possible reflection of stoplights as @jelloslug pointed out.

Reactions: jelloslug
They are quite curious. I get the feeling they're reflections of the device plugged in below the screen, shown in your second photo here:

m3int2-jpg.221502

That device is likely related to release candidate testing, as it looks industrial and not part of the vehicle.

If you are talking about the big red physical button under the screen, I'm pretty sure that is the big emergency stop button that is present in many pre-production vehicles.

Definitely will not be there in production.

If you are talking about the big red button on the bottom, I'm pretty sure that is the big emergency stop button that is present in many pre-production vehicles.

Definitely will not be there in production.

But.....for production, maybe they could repurpose it as the "mother-in-law ejection seat" button.....

thank you...thank you.....I'll be here all week.

:p:p:p

m3int2-jpg.221502

looks like the big red kill switch we saw in AP Model S prototypes.

My evaluation of the screen UI. Looks mostly ok to me, but there are a few curious things. Speed not being tucked up high is interesting. Also seems like the app control buttons for the nav will be a pretty far reach. And where will the icons be to switch apps?

Im thinking there is going to be a way to navigate the screen from the steering wheel. Maybe scroll option to select different apps.

Good eye, guys (ModelNforNerd, ohmman, and bokonon).. I didnt spot that originally.. I tried my best at performing a CSI image enhnacement.. but this is all I could muster.. I did notice the climate control temps are in Celcius though

jrobch7aqfqflu7byiqy.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines for when my kids start driving. I'm still holding out hope for FSD prior to that horrific day.
Nah, it won't be so bad. Indeed, there may be some comical for you, but embarrassing for them, moments when they first get behind the wheel. Just stay away from traffic areas initially.

However, if I were still in the situation where I would have to teach my kids to drive in the next few years, I'd do it in a manually operated vehicle or in manual mode if the only training vehicle available to me is autonomously equipped. They won't always have access to an autonomous car, so they need to know how to operate and navigate by themselves. the first car they buy (or you buy for them) will likely be used and not equipped with the latest electronics. Our kids were taught how to use a manual transmission and read a map for the same reason.

Nah, it won't be so bad. Indeed, there may be some comical for you, but embarrassing for them, moments when they first get behind the wheel. Just stay away from traffic areas initially.

However, if I were still in the situation where I would have to teach my kids to drive in the next few years, I'd do it in a manually operated vehicle or in manual mode if the only training vehicle available to me is autonomously equipped. They won't always have access to an autonomous car, so they need to know how to operate and navigate by themselves. the first car they buy (or you buy for them) will likely be used and not equipped with the latest electronics. Our kids were taught how to use a manual transmission and read a map for the same reason.

we're already miles ahead of where I was learning to drive.....

in ~17 years, there might be absolutely zero reason to learn what a stickshift was for.

in 1993, my dad insisted I take my driving test on a stick.

we're already miles ahead of where I was learning to drive.....

in ~17 years, there might be absolutely zero reason to learn what a stickshift was for.

in 1993, my dad insisted I take my driving test on a stick.
Oh, I'm not advocating teaching manual transmission nowadays. But back in the day when my kids were learning to drive, they were still around. Plus my older son had his heart set on a used sports coupe (he paid for most of it) and it came with a stick. I was just citing that as an analogy for not getting a new driver too dependent on a specific technology that isn't universally available with other cars they may be called upon to drive at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.