Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think you are exactly right. I couldn't place why I no longer like the rear of the car until you called it out with this side by side. It used to be the best looking part on the Alpha. Now it is much more vertical which makes it look less sporty and boring. Compare the back of an Infiniti G35 to your run of the mill four door sedan. The sloped back is what gives it that aggressive sporty look. I really hope this is not the final version.

i hate the new look. everything in this car got worse and like you said the back look was the best part of the car. now it looks normal. also the lcd isn't of looking sleek and slim and thin, is fat. everything looks worse including the front.

cant someone near fremont block the Model 3 when they switch drivers and snap some pics from the cockpit? How hard can it be? Tesla is clearly asking for it :3
What are you expecting? Screen mounted into dash like this? ;P
C6K1cGcWUAEPhas.jpg

Note that today's sightings have the final headlight assembly which makes the car look so much better than the dead yellow looking versions form a few days ago. We also have the T logo on the front.

I'm so glad they didn't change the headlights. The daytime running lights are one of the coolest parts of the 3, in my opinion. They're so different from most of the ones you see on cars nowadays. The thing just looks mean. Love the headlights with the blue color, and the turn signal light is pretty cool too, goes well with the blue.

With all the back and forth over the interior and single screen, I was starting to forget how psyched I am by the sexiness of the exterior.

Take my money already Elon!!

I normally just lurk around here but I keep seeing people saying the nose changed.

I don't think much has changed at all. Definitely not enough to say "I MISS THE OLD NOSE". I've been in both camps (nose changed vs hasn't changed) and keep changing my mind. Some colors the nose looks different, other colors the nose looks the same. I think it's the combination of reflections, color, and the camera. Not going to judge much until the official event.

LOVE that headlight design from the blue prototype above. The day running lights look fantastic too, very Model X like.

so that looks like at least three cars.
One black with C pillar sensors
One black without C pillar sensors
One blue
I'll have that blue one please, unless you have a white one
I highly doubt there are three cars.
another wheel design
Ua62yEY.jpg
ugh, I hope those aren't the base model wheels. Otherwise I'm gonna have to shell out for a wheel upgrade. Of course, I'm finicky and probably have terrible taste in wheels (I didn't like the original Model S base wheels either).

I normally just lurk around here but I keep seeing people saying the nose changed.

I don't think much has changed at all. Definitely not enough to say "I MISS THE OLD NOSE". I've been in both camps (nose changed vs hasn't changed) and keep changing my mind. Some colors the nose looks different, other colors the nose looks the same. I think it's the combination of reflections, color, and the camera. Not going to judge much until the official event.

LOVE that headlight design from the blue prototype above. The day running lights look fantastic too, very Model X like.
The nose has definitely been smoothed out - notice there isn't that crease line underneath the headlights anymore - this has been confirmed in the blue RC pics (turn down the contrast and increase the brilliance/highlights and you'll see what I mean). It's really unfortunate because it makes the front end look more plain.

I'm surprised no one has noticed and commented on this before, but what's that orange and silver-striped conical device on the right side of the car in front of the B-pillar? Some kind of control pod? I'm 100% positive this must be the spaceship controls promised by Elon! If this release candidate is any indication, Tesla may be building the spaceship controls for the RHD markets first. Now, I'm pissed and jealous. Elon lied when he said U.S. West Coast will have first dibs. If we don't also get the the spaceship controls here in the States at launch, I'm going to have to think seriously about canceling my reservation. :)

I'm surprised no one has noticed and commented on this before, but what's that orange and silver-striped conical device on the right side of the car in front of the B-pillar? Some kind of control pod? I'm 100% positive this must be the spaceship controls promised by Elon! If this release candidate is any indication, Tesla may be building the spaceship controls for the RHD markets first. Now, I'm pissed and jealous. Elon lied when he said U.S. West Coast will have first dibs. If we don't also get the the spaceship controls here in the States at launch, I'm going to have to think seriously about canceling my reservation. :)

No. Those cones are part of the Tesla Calibration system. High tech precision markers. Full self driving confirmed.

In all seriousness, the big red abort button hints to impressive improvements from the current state. Autonomous enough that they had to stay in compliance with california's self driving car laws.
Model3 2.jpg

I see (at least) 2 glossy black and a blue. The first spotted glossy black ones wheels have machined center logo'd 'coins' that would project thru the lug cover (CF in the alphas) and the sensor/camera on the c pillar - the other glossy black one spotted with the blue has wheels with a hole you can see thru to the hub (like in the car in Elon's posted video) and can not see the c pillar sensor/camera in any of it's shots.

View attachment 221637 View attachment 221639

Whoa. Did anyone mention/notice the white markings above the tire in both photos?

I really want video! I'll never forget the first time I saw this video of the prototype. It really changed my perspective on the front of the car...

I think I prefer the original nose to the potentially slightly less dramatic one on the release candidates. I didn't mind the original once I got used to it. And at certain angles I loved it; it looked boss.

Reactions: SoCalGuy
I once saw a picture on the internet of Jennifer Aniston at the beach right after she ate a cheeseburger. The website was going on and on and on about how she "let herself go". To which she responded "For goodness sake I just ate a cheeseburger!"

To which I almost wanted to respond: OMFG you ate a cheeseburger??? What on Earth were you thinking ! ! !

I sure hope she isn't planning on eating a cheeseburger in my new Model 3. I'd tell her to go find a ride with someone driving a Bolt...

RT

Seriously, beef is such an energy-intensive food to produce and with such terrible byproducts.

NOTE: no one has commented on the new interior photos showing a the continuous wood grain trim piece on the dash just in front of the air vent. Gorgeous.

I noticed it. Didn't mention it because I thought it looked out of place in that interior. I really wanted something like the Figured Ash Decor, too. But that just didn't do it for me. I'll have to wait for better quality photos,

Status
Not open for further replies.