Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I roll down the front window in a car I often crack the rear window down or you get odd pressure effects. There's nobody sitting in the back seat, so no reason to have the window all the way down.

If i put the front window down i keep the rear ones up. Maybe it's just my car but i notice when the rears are down it reduces the air coming through the front windows. And i want that airflow when i lower my fronts.

Your comment reminded me of a couple guys i used to know who were big into car windows and pressure/noise. They had to have the windows a certain way. I never knew that was a thing before them. But it's never seemed to bother me much. Idk. /Rando story

When I roll down the front window in a car I often crack the rear window down or you get odd pressure effects. There's nobody sitting in the back seat, so no reason to have the window all the way down.

Agreed. I find that when only the front or only the backs are down there is a "pulsing"/"beating" noise. I usually open the opposite corner window to reduce the sound/pressure beating. I find that the air is refreshed much quicker this way too... outside air comes in the front and inside air is quickly exited through the back.

Agreed. I find that when only the front or only the backs are down there is a "pulsing"/"beating" noise. I usually open the opposite corner window to reduce the sound/pressure beating. I find that the air is refreshed much quicker this way too... outside air comes in the front and inside air is quickly exited through the back.

So it's confirmed that the Model 3 will come standard with a pressure beating defeat feature? It looks like one of the above pictures showed this in operation on the back window. Anyone care to guess if it will later be incorporated into the Store and X? Let the speculation begin!!!

RT

Form follows function. i.e. no engine == no large front end.

We all are attracted to what we are accustomed to. When all cars had front engines, they all had long hood lines. No more. Kind of like when the Model S lost the front grill. People freaked out! Lots of drugs helped them get over it.
The hood is the result of the "cab forward" design. Some people will have a problem with this futuristic development in design (like no front grill), but I am loving the look........and the interior driving experience with cab forward will be phenomenal! One day all cars will gravitate toward this design feature with even more extreme iterations of that concept.
The tiny hood and cab-forward design is hardly new and "futuristic". Plenty of econoboxes with small engines have been doing it. Prius has been doing it for decades. Many cars with engines do not have long hoodlines.

Cars are like people. Lean and slender is desirable over fat and top-heavy. Humans have desirable aesthetic cues, and so do cars. I refuse to believe we like cars because we're conditioned to. Sports cars for ages have been considered the best-looking cars, and where do many sports cars have their engines? That's right, not the front. Yet they still have long and lean hoods because it's sexy.

Check out the golden ratio. It's present all over and people have done studies that confirm stuff with the golden ratio is more aesthetically appealing from people to architecture to cars to even logos for car-makers.

There's nothing sexy about bloated stubbiness. There are certain proportions that are easier on the eyes, and it has nothing to do with the hardware inside. Model 3 will never, ever be a shape that automakers gravitate toward when they want to make a good-looking car. Even when all cars are running on cold fusion reactors the size of my fist, they will continue to have slender, unpractical proportions because that looks rad. Our genetic disposition and gravitation toward sexation is far more deep-rooted than the existence of engines in cars.

I mean, possibly when we're in a WALL-E future where everybody is fat our perceptions of "sexy" will have changed and that might carry over to cars, but I don't see that happening for a while.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think Model 3 is ugly by any stretch of the imagination, but where a Model S is a supermodel, Model 3 is that chick with huge knockers and a pancake ass. Or thunder thighs. Or a spare tire. Still good-looking, but something doesn't seem quite right.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think Model 3 is ugly by any stretch of the imagination, but where a Model S is a supermodel, Model 3 is that chick with huge knockers and a pancake ass. Or thunder thighs. Or a spare tire. Still good-looking, but something doesn't seem quite right.

Haha this cracks me up...

I would put it more like this...

Super Model (Only in my dreams) - Aston DB9
Prom Queen/King (Obtainable but the high cost/maintenance make it a regret) - Model S
Attractive girl/guy who became friend and you have a crush on (Life long partner and fun to be around) - Model 3
3rd cousin with missing teeth eating pizza - Prius or Nissan Leaf

I still cannot get over the duck front design. Love it so much on the alfas and still unsure whether it has changed or not. The blue RC car keeps confusing me even more from different angles. BUT, I think I am starting to get it, after staring at the two versions for 30min :)... The basic lines of the front face are the same, but on the alfas, the edges were very sharp. Very techy. While the lines remained the same on the RC cars, the edges are rounded! This, IMHO, make it look much softer, so differnet, yet a similar... I am not sure it looks better, like the edgy design, but will see more once a silver RC is spotted :)

Last edited:
If i put the front window down i keep the rear ones up. Maybe it's just my car but i notice when the rears are down it reduces the air coming through the front windows. And i want that airflow when i lower my fronts.

Your comment reminded me of a couple guys i used to know who were big into car windows and pressure/noise. They had to have the windows a certain way. I never knew that was a thing before them. But it's never seemed to bother me much. Idk. /Rando story

My current car, when you only have one window (driver's) open, does this annoying "buffeting", where the air just kinda catches and recirculates throughout the car, and causes pressure on your ear drum. As soon as you crack any other window, it goes away.

that chick with huge knockers and a pancake ass.

Now you are insulting my wife! and that should be Ms Chick to you and she IS a "nasty woman."

Or thunder thighs. Or a spare tire.

Now you are insulting me! that would be Mr Spare Tire to you sir. I challenge you to a duel!

Still good-looking, but something doesn't seem quite right.

Okay Mr. Perfect, how about giving us a primer of what the perfect body should look like and how everyone should look like that.

The TM3 looks great to my eye and I wish I could get one sooner. I am already researching where to get Xpel applied, where to powder coat the stock wheels, how to de-badge the exterior, etc. The TM3 is going to be a unique, futuristic car and I am going to make it even more uniquer!

The windows being down clearly shows that there is no AC in the Model 3. Cost cutting. ;)
No AC necessary. From a reliable source, the Model 3 will utilize wind turbines to provide fresh air to the occupants plus charge the batteries whenever the car is moving. Like a shark, if it's constantly moving, it never has to stop (ever notice how much the matte blank prototype looks like a shark?). Neither Elon nor Tesla has ever said the Model 3 won't be equipped with turbines. Ergo, there's a distinct possibility it will.

Here's a rudimentary example of what I'm referring to: Transport Turbine
Of course, Tesla's version will be much more sophisticated and efficient and I can see it being built by Tesla Energy for both mobile and stationary power generation.

No AC necessary. From a reliable source, the Model 3 will utilize wind turbines to provide fresh air to the occupants plus charge the batteries whenever the car is moving. Like a shark, if it's constantly moving, it never has to stop (ever notice how much the matte blank prototype looks like a shark?). Neither Elon nor Tesla has ever said the Model 3 won't be equipped with turbines. Ergo, there's a distinct possibility it will.

Here's a rudimentary example of what I'm referring to: Transport Turbine
Of course, Tesla's version will be much more sophisticated and efficient and I can see it being built by Tesla Energy for both mobile and stationary power generation.

My best friend's uncle's wife's hairdresser's college roommate's frat brother works at Tesla, and HE said the passenger will have to pedal to generate the power needed for the Model 3 Ludicrous Mode.

So it's confirmed that the Model 3 will come standard with a pressure beating defeat feature? It looks like one of the above pictures showed this in operation on the back window. Anyone care to guess if it will later be incorporated into the Store and X? Let the speculation begin!!!

RT

There's a great article up on Jalopnik on why cars make that pressure noise when one window is rolled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.