Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signature red Model 3?????
supercharger-expansion-01_zpsqrwrdeok.jpg

I love that body and wheel color combo

It looks like they had the windows tinted pretty dark (easier to see in the pictures in the link).. my guess is something going on with the interior that they definitely want to hide now.. or maybe the guys driving the RCs around were tired of seeing their faces on the internet
Here we go again.

"They don't want us to see the interior so they must have something special planned!"

End result is exactly the same as the alpha.

Here we go again.

"They don't want us to see the interior so they must have something special planned!"

End result is exactly the same as the alpha.

I'm not suggesting Tesla is going to do anything surprising with the interior. I actually think the interior is going to look almost the same as we've already seen, i.e., barren and underwhelming. But what I don't get is why did Tesla go out of their way to stop people from taking photos of the interior at the Solar Roof reveal and the Motor Trend photoshoot? Seriously, what's up with that if Tesla was proud of their near-finalized interior?

I'm not suggesting Tesla is going to do anything surprising with the interior. I actually think the interior is going to look almost the same as we've already seen, i.e., barren and underwhelming. But what I don't get is why did Tesla go out of their way to stop people from taking photos of the interior at the Solar Roof reveal and the Motor Trend photoshoot? Seriously, what's up with that if Tesla was proud of their near-finalized interior?
The Motor Trend shoot was done a year ago with one of the early alpha, at which point Tesla probably wasn't sure if the interior was going to stay the same (pencils down was in late July 2016). The prototype at the Solar Roof event looked to be the same one. We know at least the steering wheel has changed since then.

I suspect there will be some subtle stuff like the screen pedestal, dash details (like glovebox, center console) that might be different than alpha. But I think people expecting more significant changes (like HUD or a second screen) has wishful thinking.

The Motor Trend shoot was done a year ago with one of the early alpha, at which point Tesla probably wasn't sure if the interior was going to stay the same (pencils down was in late July 2016). The prototype at the Solar Roof event looked to be the same one. We know at least the steering wheel has changed since then.

I suspect there will be some subtle stuff like the screen pedestal, dash details (like glovebox, center console) that might be different than alpha. But I think people expecting more significant changes (like HUD or a second screen) has wishful thinking.

That doesn't answer the question, though, and everyone already knew the wheel would change.

That doesn't answer the question, though, and everyone already knew the wheel would change.
I thought I addressed the question: They didn't want people taking pictures back then because what they had definitely was not the final design (still a couple months until pencils down). The steering wheel change is evidence of that. Seems to be pretty simple and straightforward.

I thought I addressed the question: They didn't want people taking pictures back then because what they had definitely was not the final design (still a couple months until pencils down). The steering wheel change is evidence of that. Seems to be pretty simple and straightforward.

Everybody knew the steering wheel was going to change. Everybody. Nobody actually expected it to be the same as in the first reveal.

If Tesla didn't want people seeing the interior because they didn't think it was production-worthy/ready, then they shouldn't produce that interior in the final version of the car. Also pretty simple.

Reactions: ikjadoon
Everybody knew the steering wheel was going to change. Everybody. Nobody actually expected it to be the same as in the first reveal.

What you said was only true for readers in this forum. For the general public outside this forum, I am not sure if they are aware of the steering wheel change.
Spy shots are published everywhere, and many readers and potential buyers checking out those spy shots probably have never read this forum.

If Tesla didn't want people seeing the interior because they didn't think it was production-worthy/ready, then they shouldn't produce that interior in the final version of the car. Also pretty simple.

As mentioned before, there are probably tweaks to the final dash, so it just makes sense to prevent people from taking pictures of prototype version.
But the main design concept of single center big screen, low and thin dash, minimalist design, no instrument panel and no HUD will not change.

I hope the Model 3 is indeed that large when it comes out. In that picture....its about the size of the Model X. LOL.

AFAIK the Model S isnt that much larger than a 3 anyways. The "20%" smaller comes also from making the width more narrow which generally you do not notice as much as lenght anyways. So a 10% less wide and 5% less cabin lenght and then 2.5% from trunk and frunk isn't actually all that noticable.

It's like comparing a BMW 3 series to a 5 series.

AFAIK the Model S isnt that much larger than a 3 anyways. The "20%" smaller comes also from making the width more narrow which generally you do not notice as much as lenght anyways. So a 10% less wide and 5% less cabin lenght and then 2.5% from trunk and frunk isn't actually all that noticable.

It's like comparing a BMW 3 series to a 5 series.
In addition to being 20% smaller by volume, it's also supposed to be 20% lighter which is really exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.