Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf is this:

View attachment 224425

That section is glass on the Model S/X. When the window is fully rolled down, that triangular piece stays put. Is this just a piece of plastic? I know a lot of cars have plastic here, but this seems abnormally big. Like, I get it, you need to hold the mirror in place, but does it need to extend backwards beyond the mirror so much? Front blind spots are no fun... and kinda kills the expansive feel Tesla is going for with the glass roof.

I'm torn between thinking you are kidding, or that you want an actual explanation for how a car looks in a low res rendering of a property development concept drawing.

<insert your preferred 'not sure if serious' graphic here>

About time some new spy shots! The Blue is out in the wild again

Attachments

• IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3928.jpg
    IMG_3928.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_3929.jpg
    IMG_3929.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 270
dont forget that less weight also means less traction...

well, thats a CGI pic and estimates. The only official render from Tesla which showed all 3 cars showed them at fairly similar size. Although obviously the 3 is a bit smaller. Definetly not like BMW 3 series vs 7 series though.
less traction? they said the same thing about the Model S when they said it wouldn't be able to achieve 2.3 0-60.

How about this. Give me the same motors and inverters as the model S - inside my Model 3.....and I'll let you know about traction.

wtf is this:

View attachment 224425

That section is glass on the Model S/X. When the window is fully rolled down, that triangular piece stays put. Is this just a piece of plastic? I know a lot of cars have plastic here, but this seems abnormally big. Like, I get it, you need to hold the mirror in place, but does it need to extend backwards beyond the mirror so much? Front blind spots are no fun... and kinda kills the expansive feel Tesla is going for with the glass roof.
That's not a real car.

wtf is this:

View attachment 224425

Calm done, its a quick render job. I doubt those on the supercharger network team at tesla were concerned about nit picking model 3 looks that were affected by a rendering software.

Heres what that triangular piece looks like in real life:
Tesla-Model-3.jpg

Calm done, its a quick render job. I doubt those on the supercharger network team at tesla were concerned about nit picking model 3 looks that were affected by a rendering software.

Heres what that triangular piece looks like in real life:
View attachment 224444

Bloody hell, this is exactly the car I WANT! What is so hard to get it done when you got it right first time? :)))... This color, wheels, front and angle are just perfect!

Reactions: shrspeedblade
Oh dear god I hope this is the case. I really really really really do. I hope they're seeing media and public reaction to this car and I hope they're addressing the issues.

But Tesla and Elon seem to be weirdly stubborn and proud to the point where maybe they just don't care (or think we won't care!). I don't see Tesla as a company that allows themselves to be manipulated by the media or public opinion. They have a design idea for the Model 3, and they are damn well going to execute it regardless of what people think. You don't want a taxi? You're getting a taxi! You want a second screen? You're only getting one! Not thrilled with our barren interior or other simplistic design choices to prioritize manufacturability over customer experience? Too bad! Tesla is the only game in town!

So, I'm not holding my breath for anything earth-shattering with this interior.

I think maybe I wasn't clear.

I think Tesla received the initial feedback loud and clear. But at this point I also expect nearly the same exact interior. I expect a mostly barren and largely underwhelming interior. I will have to wait until the final release and/or new owner pics to decide if I will folow through with my order.

I think Tesla received the initial feedback loud and clear. But at this point I also expect nearly the same exact interior. I expect a mostly barren and largely underwhelming interior. I will have to wait until the final release and/or new owner pics to decide if I will folow through with my order.
The suspense regarding your decision is killing me.

img_3927-jpg.224432

Hmmm. The duck bill is looking a bit sharper in this view.
Does this one have the LED fog lamps?

Have I not seen this pic before? Or am I just seeing it differently than the last time(s) I viewed it?

I can see the nose lines being the same as the original release. And I can see them being a little "wider".

I lean towards minimal to no nose change looking at this. :confused:

Reactions: cdub
img_3927-jpg.224432

Hmmm. The duck bill is looking a bit sharper in this view.
Does this one have the LED fog lamps?

I'm pretty sure the nose hasn't changed from the Alpha's. We think it did because of cell phone cameras and reflections, but these latest photos show pretty clearly the lines of the duck bill and where they intersect with the turn signals.

Tesla doesn't really need to listen to feedback on anything; they have 300K preorders and even if they loose 1/2 of them, that's good for the first year of production. Once these cars get on the road the demand will continue to be STRONG.

For the folks that are upset by some feature whether it be the interior, the lack of a hatch, you name it, Tesla has the option of making changes in a year, 2, 3, once demand falls.

The pre-orders are working against the consumer here a bit because Tesla can essentially not care too much. I'm ok with that since in the long run I want Tesla to be profitable and if cutting some corners initially to increase their profit margin, that's fine by me.

-Jim

Tesla doesn't really need to listen to feedback on anything they have 300K preorders and even if they loose 1/2 of them,

-Jim

That's pretty horrific logic.

Musk repeatedly touts Tesla's goal as accelerating the advent of electric vehicles in order to save the planet. How on earth is losing HALF of your orders because you refused to listen to customer feedback a good thing? How does that progress Tesla/Musk towards their goals?

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: EinSV and kingjamez
Are you actually trying to argue that Tesla is hiding the interior because they are embarrassed about it, and they want to surprise people with a bad interior? That makes absolutely no sense, unless you think people will have to sign agreements to buy the car without looking at the interior.

I think Tesla knew it was barren and underwhelming and that's why they limited its viewing. I think Tesla is going to use basically the same interior regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.