Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people are seeing this, and I see what you're talking about, but until I see a shot without reflections, I'm skeptical. Take the photo from yesterday, for instance. The first line your eyes follow is the reflection, but if you look closely, there is another line visible, and if you trace that, it's exactly the same as the old prototype. Reflections play tricks on the eyes. I want a shot in good lighting, no reflections, and straight on front/side views (not asking for much).
giphy.gif

Nice animation, and I totally agree.

I know people are seeing this, and I see what you're talking about, but until I see a shot without reflections, I'm skeptical. Take the photo from yesterday, for instance. The first line your eyes follow is the reflection, but if you look closely, there is another line visible, and if you trace that, it's exactly the same as the old prototype. Reflections play tricks on the eyes. I want a shot in good lighting, no reflections, and straight on front/side views (not asking for much).
giphy.gif
This is hilarious. Please keep this thread open for the next 6 months.

• Funny
Reactions: DR61
giphy.gif
I think the green line you drew is a reflection.

I suppose the different angle on this picture has the same identical reflection.

img_3929-jpg.224434

Hey - This black one has the identical reflection facing the other direction.

dc-Cover-9ie1eermdmpaasil8mal264883-20170411192606.Medi.jpeg

That is one powerful reflection.
model-3-release-candidate-7-e1491345391661.jpg

Different cars....Different cameras......Different Angles.... SAME reflection? Really?

Model3-Spy-The-Tesla-Show_1502.JPG

Last edited:
Try to keep up. He said his Prius was $42k and it starts at half that. So a comparable Model 3 to his Prius is $70k.

The 2017 Prius base model starts at $25K. That is for an ICE car with cloth seats, no Nav, no nothing! Toyota doesn't make a BEV! So a Prius cannot be compared to a TM3, I was just commenting that the interior of my $42K car can not be defined as luxurious. Are you keepin' up?

I expect to spend around $45/50K for my TM3 to get the options I want, whatever they may be. I am eager for an interior like in the release cars because to me, "it feels like a spaceship." I don't want an MS (although nice). I want the TM3 unluxurious though you think.

I think the green line you drew is a reflection.

I suppose the different angle on this picture has the same identical reflection.

img_3929-jpg.224434

Hey - This black one has the identical reflection facing the other direction.

dc-Cover-9ie1eermdmpaasil8mal264883-20170411192606.Medi.jpeg

That is one powerful reflection.

Model3-Spy-The-Tesla-Show_1502.JPG
rmgimpvqwthqcdhf5pnk.png

and the same reflection on the old red one makes it look like the nose slants above the turn signal lights, but we know it doesn't

rmgimpvqwthqcdhf5pnk.png

and the same reflection on the old red one makes it look like the nose slants above the turn signal lights, but we know it doesn't
No it doesn't. It certainly DOES NOT. There is absolutely no line at all that you can draw in this picture that traces a line above the fog lights - That can be found in that picture.

There is a perfect uninterrupted reflection of landscape above the entire fog light.

its the same car.

upload_2016-7-28_11-21-58-png.187513

Last edited:
Reactions: alexeiw123
Curious what makes a cars interior luxurious. I have had a BMW 5 series. A Mercedes R series and a Lexus IS. So what makes the interior of my Model S and the interior of the upcoming Model 3 less luxurious. Does the dash have to be busier? Does it have to have more cup holders. Does the dash have to be a certain material? What is the Model 3 missing. If it is simply a busier dash I dont get it. The BMW 5 series I had leather was no better then our Model S leather. The dash was certainly busier. It had the awful iDrive control for controlling most of the items in the center console (joke in BMW circles was honey you change the radio station while iDrive).

Curious what makes a cars interior luxurious. I have had a BMW 5 series. A Mercedes R series and a Lexus IS. So what makes the interior of my Model S and the interior of the upcoming Model 3 less luxurious. Does the dash have to be busier? Does it have to have more cup holders. Does the dash have to be a certain material? What is the Model 3 missing. If it is simply a busier dash I dont get it. The BMW 5 series I had leather was no better then our Model S leather. The dash was certainly busier. It had the awful iDrive control for controlling most of the items in the center console (joke in BMW circles was honey you change the radio station while iDrive).
This covers that subject well.
Robin
Cabin fever

I would say quality of the materials and availability of creature comforts. For example the Bolt reportedly has lots of hard plastics vs nicer materials such as wood or leather or even soft touch plastics. The Bolt also doesn't offer power seats or memory seats or other creature comforts like that. So I would not call the Bolt interior luxurious. My S on the other hand has carbon fiber inlays, and leather accents on the dash. It also has power memory seats and other creature comforts like that. Some German makes offer knee extensions on the seats and other niceties that the S doesnt have. (Our S4 has the knee extensions which my tall husband lives)

I would say quality of the materials and availability of creature comforts. For example the Bolt reportedly has lots of hard plastics vs nicer materials such as wood or leather or even soft touch plastics. The Bolt also doesn't offer power seats or memory seats or other creature comforts like that. So I would not call the Bolt interior luxurious. My S on the other hand has carbon fiber inlays, and leather accents on the dash. It also has power memory seats and other creature comforts like that. Some German makes offer knee extensions on the seats and other niceties that the S doesnt have. (Our S4 has the knee extensions which my tall husband lives)
Nicer is a matter of opinion though... I, for example, would not like wood in my car.

I want the interior of my car to look like it's straight out of a futuristic sci-fi film, the outside should still look like a car though.

Status
Not open for further replies.