Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has changed is where the rear fender joins the light cluster under the "charge port". In the concept, there is a smooth line all the way up, through the light cluster, to the hinge. In this latest mule, the line is broken under the "charge port".
Yeah, I think defining the bottom edge of the charge port door argued with the 1/4 panel/bumper seam. And it also made that seam too visually heavy. The way it is now is softer, better, especially if you are going to have a charge port door.

It might be that they put an optional European standard charger port on that side.

Reactions: copyhacker
Thankfully there would be no need for one in the Europe - standard Mennekes would only need space/connection for CCS DC pins.
270px-Tesla-type-2-model-s-charge-port-inlet-0996.jpg

230px-Prise_type_2_Mennekes_BMW_i3.jpg

Should fit?

I think in the US there could be an extra CCS port on the other side to the Tesla's one. As there is no way to integrate both in one place.
Bonus: Tesla to SAE J1772 charging adapter needed no more.

Last edited:
What has changed is where the rear fender joins the light cluster under the "charge port". In the concept, there is a smooth line all the way up, through the light cluster, to the hinge. In this latest mule, the line is broken under the "charge port".
Nope ;)
It's always aligned with the crease in the light

Edit: I'm doubting myself now - have I got your comment right?
model_3_blue - Copy.png
2017-Tesla-Model-3-rear-three-quarter - Copy.jpg

Nope ;)

View attachment 226620 View attachment 226623
check the picture of the red one again.... the alignment is different. The line above the light is aligned with the line below the light in the prototypes and it's not in the new pic of the red car.

It could just be an illusion, but it does look different.

The new rear quarter camera makes another appearance!

Also, my OCD just noticed that the top edge of the trunk lid does not aline with the chrome but with the inner edge of the glass. Argh!
I see what you are saying and totally agree. Lack of attention to design detail. I also don't like that the break line on the charging port (or whatever it is) does not line up with the rear fascia seam below it. Lack of attention to design detail.

The car looks great in red!

This one has a softer split five spoke wheel - so we are seeing some trim level differentiation.
It also has a C-pillar sensor. I wonder which way it is pointing, and if redundant sensors pointing forward at the same angle require less cpu time to make sense of. In other words, does it point forward just like the one on the B-pillar and is it computationally very easy to get useful function from it. For example, do not change lanes into a truck.

Or maybe it just points the way it has to, and gets treated individually. The rear facing side camera is low. This is high.

Maybe it is for people getting into and out of the back seat when the car is a taxi, if people want to keep riders out of the front seat?

Personal space up front and public space in the back.
I don't believe that is a sensor. I think it is just a sticker of some sort. Even when this first appeared on the black car, I believe it was never a sensor.

Regarding the wheels, those are the same as we have seen many times before on the silver car at the reveal. They just don't have the center cap part installed.

Reactions: cdub
Nope ;)

View attachment 226620 View attachment 226623

In this image it looks like the fender join line is on the side of the car, and crosses behind the red light lens into the trunk lid join line:

Capture.JPG

But in this photo, the fender join line is on the rear of the car, aligning with the edge of the flat face of the red lens:

Capture2.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: cizUK
Status
Not open for further replies.