Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 New Pricing, up $400

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Expect prices for lots of things to go up with the tariff situation.... I just read an article in regards to Apple potentially increasing prices across the board due to it

Oh no! Does that mean a new iPhone will now cost $1100?

That would mean for the price of 40 iPhones, I could have a brand new Tesla sitting in my driveway? Almost too good to be true! :cool:

Reactions: dhrivnak
For the extra $6,000 the LR RWD gives you 85 miles more range, 6 additional speakers, streaming music, satellite maps, traffic visualization, web browsing, 5 second 0-60 time, and 48 amp on board charger for 50% faster charging when using a wall connector.

On resale you will likely get at least $3K back, so for the $3K extra you will spend net, it’s a lot of extra value for the money.
85 miles? Is that the new math I ignored learning in school 50 years ago. Current short range plus has a 240 mile range and the long range model is 310 miles, the delta sure seems like 70 miles to me :rolleyes:

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
My OA just found me a LR RWD, last one in the area for $45900 with AP. To add FSD it will be $6000, which kind of take away the discount with the increased price of $1000, was $5000 a few day ago. Will you add it or not?

I agree. Initially I had the LR RWD on order and the more I thought about it, and given the number of charging stations around, I decided the additional cost wasn't worth the 70 miles I'd gain. So I cancelled it and reordered the SRP (240m) and am happy with my decision. 95% of my driving is to/from work @ 70 miles RT with an occasional trip to Sandy Eggo and Palm Springs. I would have went with the 210, but they didn't offer the partial premium interior, which the wife wanted.

Everyone has choices depending on need, want, and affordability. I have assets and not hurting but still have a threshold on how much I want to spend on a car

Who knows? Tesla may even do a battery swap in 4 years. Give you 3 thousand for your battery and pay 8 thousand for an upgrade that has a range of 400 miles. BMW was considering this for some of their older I3 models.

LR RWD is 325 miles

LR AWD is 310 miles

Maybe in the past, but now they're both 310 LR Miles.JPG LR Miles.JPG

Attachments

• LRAWD Miles.JPG
    LRAWD Miles.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 52
Maybe in the past, but now they're both 310View attachment 408211 View attachment 408211

I can’t open the first image you posted so I’m not sure what you are looking at. I own two LR RWD Model 3’s and both of them get 325 miles when I charge to 100%. Nothing has changed since I purchased these regarding the configuration of the LR RWD battery configuration. Since the LR RWD model is no longer available on the website there is no reference to it so I’m not sure where you are getting this information from.

Not if you consider that almost everyone who purchases a car from a NA car maker pays a different price

I mean, I guess the dumb ones do who still haggle at dealerships or get confused by four square worksheets... but info like dealer invoice and cost has been pretty readily available on the internet for at least 15 years now... ditto the email of the internet sales guy at dealerships.

(you may have to make exception for things produced in very limited numbers that are hard to actually get like a Dodge Demon... but if you're standing in like a Honda or Lexus or Chevy dealership haggling with anybody, you done screwed up. Bad.)

I mean, I guess the dumb ones do who still haggle at dealerships or get confused by four square worksheets... but info like dealer invoice and cost has been pretty readily available on the internet for at least 15 years now... ditto the email of the internet sales guy at dealerships.

(you may have to make exception for things produced in very limited numbers that are hard to actually get like a Dodge Demon... but if you're standing in like a Honda or Lexus or Chevy dealership haggling with anybody, you done screwed up. Bad.)

I think there are way way more of those "dumb ones" than you think, which is probably why traditional dealers haven't dropped the act.

Folks, I'm not try to argue with any of you, but this post is referencing the increase of NEW cars, not old ones. My comparison is new SR+ to (either) LR models. The SR+ is 240 miles, and (either) LR is 310, hence the 70 mile difference and whether the added cost to buy a LR over a SR+ is worth 70 miles.

• Disagree
Folks, I'm not try to argue with any of you, but this post is referencing the increase of NEW cars, not old ones. My comparison is new SR+ to (either) LR models. The SR+ is 240 miles, and (either) LR is 310, hence the 70 mile difference and whether the added cost to buy a LR over a SR+ is worth 70 miles.

I’m really not sure why you keep insisting on providing incorrect information on this post. How many people need to tell you that you are just wrong before you finally believe them?

The LR RWD model is not listed on the web site. It is NOT an old model. It is still a currently available model that can be ordered through any Tesla store or sales rep. It still has 325 miles of range. The two models you are looking at are not the RWD model. Both the AWD and Performance models have 310 miles of range. That is not what we are talking about in this post.

I’m really not sure why you keep insisting on providing incorrect information on this post. How many people need to tell you that you are just wrong before you finally believe them?

The LR RWD model is not listed on the web site. It is NOT an old model. It is still a currently available model that can be ordered through any Tesla store or sales rep. It still has 325 miles of range. The two models you are looking at are not the RWD model. Both the AWD and Performance models have 310 miles of range. That is not what we are talking about in this post.

The LR was at 310 but Tesla did a software update and was able to increase the distance to 325