Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 on display at the Yorkdale Mall Showroom in Toronto on March 2nd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an e-mail from Tesla stating that the Model 3 will be at the Yorkdale showroom as of March 2nd. Looks like it will be a permanent fixture.

T7PMGAn.png

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: mahagala
I received an e-mail from Tesla stating that the Model 3 will be at the Yorkdale showroom as of March 2nd. Looks like it will be a permanent fixture.

T7PMGAn.png

Enjoy!

Good, but what about test drives?! I know that Tesla is still in the rollout phase, but they've got to up their game and get vehicles for doing test drives too. Glad to see they've got them coming soon to Canada.

Good, but what about test drives?! I know that Tesla is still in the rollout phase, but they've got to up their game and get vehicles for doing test drives too. Glad to see they've got them coming soon to Canada.

I really doubt they'll be doing test drives anytime soon. They aren't even doing them in the US. I assume they don't really have a priority for test drives since they are converting reservations to deliveries without a hitch right now.

I really doubt they'll be doing test drives anytime soon. They aren't even doing them in the US. I assume they don't really have a priority for test drives since they are converting reservations to deliveries without a hitch right now.
Yeah, I know. I wonder, though, how many are reticent to purchase because they don't even get a chance to drive it first? This is usually a sign of an impulse purchase and may hurt Tesla in the long run as others come into the EV market. I'm also wondering how many people pulled out of the list?

Yeah, I know. I wonder, though, how many are reticent to purchase because they don't even get a chance to drive it first? This is usually a sign of an impulse purchase and may hurt Tesla in the long run as others come into the EV market. I'm also wondering how many people pulled out of the list?
How many other BEVs are there in Canada that you can jump in and take a test drive in today? By the time BEVs from other manufacturers are widely available for test drives, you can be sure that the Model 3 will also be available for test drives. In the meantime, it is great that one can see the Model 3 on the showroom floor to get a sense of the size, comfort, luggage capacity, controls, etc.

If the interested party is not familiar with how a Tesla drives, they can then go for a test ride in Model S or X to get a sense of how charging, driving dynamics, etc. are and extrapolate that to the Model 3. I drive a Chevy Volt. I rented a Model S for a week on Turo. The driving experience was pretty much what I expected based on my experience with my Volt. I imagine the Model 3 and Model S driving experience is a LOT more similar than my Volt/Model S experience was.

With a Model 3 on the showroom floor and Model S and X vehicles available for test rides, I really don't see where the inability to take a Model 3 for a test drive puts Tesla at a disadvantage at this time relative to the other BEVs on the market.

I just called again and got through. They ARE letting people sit inside it. I asked if there was a lineup of people waiting and she said "Yup!"

Just got back from Yorkdale. As per Tony's post, long lineup out the door, and yes if you wait in line you get a few minutes in and around the car. I asked about test drives and got nowhere, the rep said they're more concerned with producing cars for buyers not for the showrooms/test drives. Car looks great in person, bigger than I expected.

As expected, none of rep in Yorkdale knows the price and delivery. It will be either:

1. They really no idea what will happen, even if they are Tesla employee/Rep.
2. Tesla let them sign a confidential agreement, and not let them leak any price/delivery information.

As expected, none of rep in Yorkdale knows the price and delivery. It will be either:

1. They really no idea what will happen, even if they are Tesla employee/Rep.
2. Tesla let them sign a confidential agreement, and not let them leak any price/delivery information.

Yeah that was to be expected. In typical Tesla fashion, things don't happen in the order they should. Releasing cars into showrooms just like that is bound to cause people to get excited and think the car is being sold in Canada now. And to not have pricing information at the very least to give out is just weird at this point.

Reactions: sitter_k