TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 on Turo in Kirkland

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Kipa, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kipa

Kipa Member

There's now a listing on Turo for a Model 3 in the Greater Seattle area. My wife and I are considering renting it for a day before configuring. $250/day is steep, but potentially worth it to see how the "sports sedan" suspension plays with Seattle streets.

Kipa

2. Yarder

Yarder Member

I saw a guy at the Lynnwood supercharger the other day who did just that. Said it kinda steep to rent, $300 a day. (He probably quoted me all the dollar bills that flew out of his wallet - taxes, etc) He got the Model 3 and it wasn't totally full, but he wanted to experience the charging process too. He got it for the same reason as you, to make it a long test drive! I thought it was a pretty good idea.

3. DarthPierce

DarthPierce Member

I've thought about it, but for it to really be useful it would probably need to be 3 days so that my wife and I can each try a commute day (autopilot test) and then also have a day of weekend to really check it out. A grand is too much for that IMO.

I'm probably low enough on the list that there will be enough of them around that the Turo price will be down to ~100/day before my configuration date though.

4. tblisscoug

tblisscoug New Member

Renting that Model 3 this Friday! I have a April to June delivery window and figured it'd be good to get out and try it before I buy it. Unfortunately the guy renting the car allows only 100 miles per day which is kind of a bummer for how expensive it is.

5. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

That's a deal breaker for me

6. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Crazy that someone would charge that much and then put a limitation on the mileage.

7. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Do you mean: crazy that someone would pay that much to only drive it 100 miles? ;) It's great from the owner's POV, if people do it.