Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. That day will come, where deliveries will be like Amazon. But I think right now they're consolidating their shipments.
Right now they are acting like a company that is not well run. Companies can break into the market, or even create it, with just a great product, but to maintain any sort of long term presence Tesla needs to get better,o and faster. I don't want to hear that they are only 10 years old. I work for a 30 year old collaboration company that is getting trounced by a company only 5 years old, and it's not because our product is inferior, but it's because their service and experience is superior. So once Tesla runs out of people that want a driver's car, they will be screwed. Anyone who has been driving a Camry for the last 15 years, will not choose a car based on 0-60 times or latest tech, but will go with a company that can actually tell them when they'll get their damn car and what it will come with (ie, frunk hooks, led door lights, etc.). I am really concerned for Tesla when the next recession hits. They don't have the cash on hand like bigger companies, and when people's wallets are pinched, they may go with leaf even though it's not as good as a car as a Model 3.

Right now they are acting like a company that is not well run. Companies can break into the market, or even create it, with just a great product, but to maintain any sort of long term presence Tesla needs to get better,o and faster. I don't want to hear that they are only 10 years old. I work for a 30 year old collaboration company that is getting trounced by a company only 5 years old, and it's not because our product is inferior, but it's because their service and experience is superior. So once Tesla runs out of people that want a driver's car, they will be screwed. Anyone who has been driving a Camry for the last 15 years, will not choose a car based on 0-60 times or latest tech, but will go with a company that can actually tell them when they'll get their damn car and what it will come with (ie, frunk hooks, led door lights, etc.). I am really concerned for Tesla when the next recession hits. They don't have the cash on hand like bigger companies, and when people's wallets are pinched, they may go with leaf even though it's not as good as a car as a Model 3.
i disagree. Tesla has created a demand for their cars with zero marketing and just by pure innovation in the auto industry. Juts like Apple came out with the iphone. The demand is so high Tesla is not even worried. Tesla has huge investors ready to put in millions if needed. So i wouldnt worry at all

Reactions: JeremyE
i disagree. Tesla has created a demand for their cars with zero marketing and just by pure innovation in the auto industry. Juts like Apple came out with the iphone. The demand is so high Tesla is not even worried. Tesla has huge investors ready to put in millions if needed. So i wouldnt worry at all

One of the reasons Apple customers stay with Apple is their incomparable customer service. The iPhone isn't as innovative as it was when it first came out, as other manufacturers have caught up. Good customer service goes a long way to build customer loyalty. Tesla has an edge right now sure, but don't think that traditional car manufacturers aren't noticing and innovating. The market will catch up. VW has already acknowledged Tesla is their main competition in the EV space. Tesla isn't as financially secure as you may believe.

Reactions: jonquiljo
The service and experience Apple provides, outside of the product itself, is light years ahead of Tesla. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely in love with the product and I've only driven one for a couple days (via Turro), but I also don't think us giving them a pass on the lack of real communication is going to help them become a better company. Imagine if you ordered an iPhone 11 that was supposed to come out in October, and then after the order they changed the delivery date and didn't give anyone an idea of when it would be coming. I just don't want to give any corporation my full dedication when it doesn't seem they are doing the same for their customers.

The service and experience Apple provides, outside of the product itself, is light years ahead of Tesla. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely in love with the product and I've only driven one for a couple days (via Turro), but I also don't think us giving them a pass on the lack of real communication is going to help them become a better company. Imagine if you ordered an iPhone 11 that was supposed to come out in October, and then after the order they changed the delivery date and didn't give anyone an idea of when it would be coming. I just don't want to give any corporation my full dedication when it doesn't seem they are doing the same for their customers.

My concern is, if this is the customer service you get before buying then I can only imagine how bad the customer service will be after purchasing (if repairs are needed, etc). The only problem, there just isn't a comparable car to choose over the model 3 if you really want to go electric and want the 300+ mile range (insert other cool tesla features here), etc. Once other auto makers catch up, then they won't be able to get away with some the worst customer service in the industry.

Ordered in Sept with a < 2 week delivery timeframe, going on week 7.

My concern is, if this is the customer service you get before buying then I can only imagine how bad the customer service will be after purchasing (if repairs are needed, etc). The only problem, there just isn't a comparable car to choose over the model 3 if you really want to go electric and want the 300+ mile range (insert other cool tesla features here), etc. Once other auto makers catch up, then they won't be able to get away with some the worst customer service in the industry.

Ordered in Sept with a < 2 week delivery timeframe, going on week 7.
Totally agree. I can't imagine Tesla is oblivious to how people feel, so they must not care. I don't care if they have a huge potential customer base, it's no excuse to treat the existing ones this way.

If somehow Ford or Toyota, created a competitive vehicle to the model 3, and left customers in the dark like this we would be crucifying them, not making excuses for them. And,s I'm not getting a discount because Tesla is only 10 years old, it's not an excuse.

Referral credit $1200

Attachments

• D03119B3-6E24-473E-8C25-51030807F693.png
    D03119B3-6E24-473E-8C25-51030807F693.png
    325.8 KB · Views: 79