Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm afraid we have to live in the dark here. SAs and even their managers have been BS'ing us for a very long time. Not all intentionally - just not to bright.

Sorry, but a Tesla truck on an LA freeway means nothing unless someone in California gets even a little thing like a VIN number.

California seems on the way to being set up as the last minute dump of cars. If you have any real information to the contrary, I am all ears. But please we don't need to drink the Kool Aid here. Tesla hasn't said anything to a lot of people and it is approaching the middle of November. As far as we know, the current production of cars is going to Fiji!

So lets just give whatever information we get as we get it. But personally, I can't say "Tesla is wonderful and they will fulfill their promise to me" - mainly because they have said nothing. When they say something, perhaps I will eat my words.
We also have to take into consideration that not all future Telsa owners are members on this forum. I take it as a good sign. I would assume its the truck to fulfill the late September orders.

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t
Many S/X users make far too much money to get the California rebate at all. It’s capped at $150K single, $300K joint.
Well I would suspect it really is not that many. I am sure the state of California is acutely aware of how many people claim the rebate on cars costing over $60k. If it wasn't many they would not have also added that cap - especially on short notice. I would also not be surprised when they were talking about this and choosing the arbitrary date of December 3, someone argued for that date knowing Tesla was going to deliver most of their "California" cars in the last half of December. Otherwise the logical cut off would have been 12/31.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Well I would suspect it really is not that many. I am sure the state of California is acutely aware of how many people claim the rebate on cars costing over $60k. If it wasn't many they would not have also added that cap - especially on short notice. I would also not be surprised when they were talking about this and choosing the arbitrary date of December 3, someone argued for that date knowing Tesla was going to deliver most of their "California" cars in the last half of December. Otherwise the logical cut off would have been 12/31.

That income cap has been there at least for 3 or 4 months. Probably for a lot longer than that. Only the Federal tax credit is for people of all incomes.

The federal tax credit is not for everyone. In order to receive any of it, you have to have at least $7500 in federal taxes. Lower income taxpayers often have 0 dollars in federal taxes. They won't get any tax credit, and it does not roll over.

Yet another issue with current tax laws. The credit can only be used by higher income earners. Those who could use it the most are shut out.

The federal tax credit is not for everyone. In order to receive any of it, you have to have at least $7500 in federal taxes. Lower income taxpayers often have 0 dollars in federal taxes. They won't get any tax credit, and it does not roll over.

Yet another issue with current tax laws. The credit can only be used by higher income earners. Those who could use it the most are shut out.
It is a tax credit, of course you can only get it if you pay taxes. If you pay no taxes you're already getting a free ride.

if you dont owe at least 7500 in tax how are you considering a $40K car?

I received an email from a Tesla adviser today stating Raleigh is holding orientation sessions the next two Sundays. Makes me feel as though they are not expecting any delivers over the next two weeks. Really disappointing.