Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Easiest way is to add a chrome extension call tesla vin finder. Otherwise at your account page, go into manage and then right click view source. Seach "vin": if you see "vin":null you have yet to be assigned one, if you see something beginning with 5YJ then you are in luck

Last edited:
Easiest way is to add a chrome extension call tesla vin finder. Otherwise at your account page, go into manage and then right click view source. Seach "vin": if you see "vin":null you have yet to be assigned one, if you see something beginning with 5YJ then you are in luck
Thank you so much. Looking forward to checking. Once the VIN appeared with that search. How long did it take to show on the account page.

The extension uses the source code. Have you been searching with "5yj"? It really should be there.
Nope I was searching for"Vin" it was there when I searched with the 5yj. Also chatted with a rep on the site and they had a delivery advisor call me. She said VIN numbers are starting to generate and mine is slated to be in Florida and Dec 11. So that's progress. I'll take it

The wait is killing me! It's a bit frustrating to see new entries in the tracking sheet appear in the last few days with people seemingly getting a VIN allocated immediately while we're all waiting for weeks or more. I hope this is just people that have entered on the sheet on the wrong date and not Tesla playing with us :)

The wait is killing me! It's a bit frustrating to see new entries in the tracking sheet appear in the last few days with people seemingly getting a VIN allocated immediately while we're all waiting for weeks or more. I hope this is just people that have entered on the sheet on the wrong date and not Tesla playing with us :)

Please note, all of those are most likely stealth model 3s. Look at the user's comments for those entries. Most of those entries are people who ordered a while ago and just decided to make the switch, and updated their date to the date they switched to a stealth.

VINs don't have anything to do with build order, right? So a VIN of XX1000 isn't necessarily being built before XX2000, correct?

VIN assignments are not strictly sequential. Seems that there are sequences of VINs that are all made simultaneously but there are cutoffs, where closely-numbered VINs are not produced at the same time.

eg there are some 603XXX VINs (SR+ Canada) that were delivered but some 602XXX VINs (stealths) are still waiting production. But some 601XXX VINs are also Stealth, so will probably be in the same batch as the 602XXX stealths.

Reactions: tren01t and Solmors
Nope I was searching for"Vin" it was there when I searched with the 5yj. Also chatted with a rep on the site and they had a delivery advisor call me. She said VIN numbers are starting to generate and mine is slated to be in Florida and Dec 11. So that's progress. I'll take it

I was at the Orlando store/service center yesterday and "nobody knew nuttin". I can hope there will be a significant delivery in the area soon. (Oh yeah, I ordered a truck while I was there).

Reactions: Waverider317