Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
its a Performance version for non-car people
Just because I don't want to put glass packs on my Mustang GT doesn't mean I'm a non-car person. Or, I could take this a step further in the other direction and say anyone buying a Tesla is a non-car person. Car people want V8 sound and a manual transmission. Since Tesla has neither, Tesla people are non-car people.

When my Model 3 delivers I will have a Model 3 to drive to work in economically and with style. I will also still have my mustang gt to work on and take to the track...oh and the wife will still have her corvette. From one car person, soon to be Model 3 owner...to other soon to be Model 3 car people, it's not what you drive or what it sounds like that makes you a car person. It's the fact that you appreciate the nuances of the science and engineering of the car, enjoy the drive, and how you treat people who want to share in that passion.

Yes, call your SA ASAP! As in tomorrow morning.

Tesla may offer this as a software upgrade, assuming that’s the only difference. But it’s purely speculative, and it is bound to be more than $2k.
On further research, it seems like a Performance Upgrade LR AWD will always have 18" wheels. I really want the 19" wheels, which would mean in addition to the PU package, I would have to settle for 18" wheels or fork out several thousand more to buy a set of the 19" wheels separately. That bumps the cost up considerably. Hm...

On further research, it seems like a Performance Upgrade LR AWD will always have 18" wheels. I really want the 19" wheels, which would mean in addition to the PU package, I would have to settle for 18" wheels or fork out several thousand more to buy a set of the 19" wheels separately. That bumps the cost up considerably. Hm...
They are available and made with 19s. Ask for 19s they may have been all grabbed dunno. But there are quite a few out there.

When my Model 3 delivers I will have a Model 3 to drive to work in economically and with style. I will also still have my mustang gt to work on and take to the track...oh and the wife will still have her corvette. From one car person, soon to be Model 3 owner...to other soon to be Model 3 car people, it's not what you drive or what it sounds like that makes you a car person. It's the fact that you appreciate the nuances of the science and engineering of the car, enjoy the drive, and how you treat people who want to share in that passion.

Agreed. Last month ordered an X for my wife. Next year I will be ordering the new C8 for me. Will make a nice "stable".

They are or were available with 19” wheels. But the current batch is only white/black.

Had delivery scheduled for today, but the car came early so I picked it up Wednesday night. Right off I have a service appointment scheduled. Car was delivered with a faulty passenger window and mirror. Window rolls all the way down when the door is opened and then goes up halfway when closed. It has to be raised back up every time. The mirror won't return to normal angle after tilting down for reverse. And... just like the last delivery I took in May, it's loaded with old software, at least 2-3 updates behind at V9 2019.31.104.

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Had delivery scheduled for today, but the car came early so I picked it up Wednesday night. Right off I have a service appointment scheduled. Car was delivered with a faulty passenger window and mirror. Window rolls all the way down when the door is opened and then goes up halfway when closed. It has to be raised back up every time. The mirror won't return to normal angle after tilting down for reverse. And... just like the last delivery I took in May, it's loaded with old software, at least 2-3 updates behind at V9 2019.31.104.

wow. That not good at all. Is it a 2020 car?

Much to my surprise, the local center had a white "sleeper" available (I prefer that term to "stealth"). Wife and I decided to snatch it up. Took delivery today! Haven't had a chance to punch it yet, but I'm still loving it. Beautiful car. It did have the 19" wheels on it, just like I wanted. So I really lucked out. Also of note, it was a 2020, supposedly delivered to the center in the last couple of weeks. I originally thought they were from earlier in the year (maybe July time frame) and would be 2019 models, but not in this case; it is a 2020, missing frunk mat and all (which is fine because I ordered the mat separately a couple of days ago already anyway).

Also possibly of interest to some of you -- the price was the exact same as our order; based on option changes (blue to white exterior, white to black interior), this means the price of the performance upgrade is indeed $2K.

Much to my surprise, the local center had a white "sleeper" available (I prefer that term to "stealth"). Wife and I decided to snatch it up. Took delivery today! Haven't had a chance to punch it yet, but I'm still loving it. Beautiful car. It did have the 19" wheels on it, just like I wanted. So I really lucked out. Also of note, it was a 2020, supposedly delivered to the center in the last couple of weeks. I originally thought they were from earlier in the year (maybe July time frame) and would be 2019 models, but not in this case; it is a 2020, missing frunk mat and all (which is fine because I ordered the mat separately a couple of days ago already anyway).

Also possibly of interest to some of you -- the price was the exact same as our order; based on option changes (blue to white exterior, white to black interior), this means the price of the performance upgrade is indeed $2K.
Congrats! Where are the pick up pics?

Just because I don't want to put glass packs on my Mustang GT doesn't mean I'm a non-car person. Or, I could take this a step further in the other direction and say anyone buying a Tesla is a non-car person. Car people want V8 sound and a manual transmission. Since Tesla has neither, Tesla people are non-car people.

Ha! I'm totally a car person (had almost 20 of them!) and you described my current car to a tee! BMW 650i - v8, NA, straight pipes and Manual 6-speed :) I'm going to miss all that, but the writing is on the wall for ICE cars...

Just had a look at my vehicle before i pick it up on Wednesday. I have to say the build quality has improved drastically. Panel gaps are not present and btw its a 2020 build.

however, the paint job is horrible. The front bumper has so much orange peel that its crazy not to avoid seeing it. I know its a plastic bumper but still. Sr+ black on white 18 aero.

Attachments

• E656BA91-C1C1-423E-AF03-B9002230DA4A.jpeg
    E656BA91-C1C1-423E-AF03-B9002230DA4A.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 75
  • D88E6BE7-A6D0-4067-BA85-E4E90C8A4510.jpeg
    D88E6BE7-A6D0-4067-BA85-E4E90C8A4510.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 0A222181-FAA4-4D7D-B106-2B56D1A4B458.jpeg
    0A222181-FAA4-4D7D-B106-2B56D1A4B458.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 71
Just had a look at my vehicle before i pick it up on Wednesday. I have to say the build quality has improved drastically. Panel gaps are not present and btw its a 2020 build.

however, the paint job is horrible. The front bumper has so much orange peel that its crazy not to avoid seeing it. I know its a plastic bumper but still. Sr+ black on white 18 aero.
Dang that white interior looks fuggin' sweeeet!

Reactions: sherycash